The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry: F321 & F322 revision notes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
F234 is finished and is at the top.
Please let me know if you spot any mistakes.

Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Those look great :smile:
The notes are amazing :smile: thanks a lot

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 23
That PDF is far too big - I've had a look at it and it really shouldn't be more than a couple of megabytes at the absolute maximum. Great effort though with the notes.
Reply 24
Original post by VQG
That PDF is far too big - I've had a look at it and it really shouldn't be more than a couple of megabytes at the absolute maximum. Great effort though with the notes.

I tried to compress it but it completely destroys some of the images. I'd rather send out a good, clear copy then a low resolution messed up one.
Sorry for the size.
Think I will actually pass A2 chemistry with these notes :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 26
Original post by herothing11
I am doing notes for F324 and F325, yes! But not for F334 and F335, since they are Salters. :frown:
I've finished the drafts, I'm just going through them now to spot any errors and/or expand on a few things. Then I should be able to post them.

have you done the f325 ones yet ?
Hi, sorry for the late thread reply.

Could you please explain how the F322 flowchart works?
Reply 28
Original post by MrPhamtastic
Hi, sorry for the late thread reply.

Could you please explain how the F322 flowchart works?

Basically, it just shows you how certain organic products go to other organic products.

For example, Alkene to Alkane, the name of the process is Hydrogenation (which is the addition of Hydrogen). The catalyst needed is Nickel and the temperature required is 150 degrees Celsius.

Bascially, the black writing above or below the line is the name of the process and in some of them it also includes the reactant(s)

The red is the catalyst

The blue is the conditions required.

I've also tried to include the structure of every organic product you are expected to know how to draw below it's name, and also written +H2O where H2O is made in the reaction.

I hope this clears things up for you! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 29
I am doing notes for F324 and F325, yes! But not for F334 and F335, since they are Salters. :frown:
I've finished the drafts, I'm just going through them now to spot any errors and/or expand on a few things. Then I should be able to post them.

You are the greatest guy alive :smile:
Reply 30
This is absolutely brilliant, I can't thank you enough for your hard work. You're a complete treasure :biggrin:
Reply 31
F325 is now finished and posted in the original post.
Please let me know if you see anything that needs changing.
Thanks a lot and good luck!
Reply 32
For anybody doing this exam in the summer, I've comprised a revision fil ...

Just wanted to say that your notes seem very good and helpful. Do you have any notes for OCR B Salters Chemistry???

Thanks
Reply 33
Amazing notes!
Thank you very much!

Just a quick question on the flowchart..
to oxidise a primary alcohol to get an aldehyde, dont you heat and distil?
and then going from a primary alcohol to a carboxylic acid, isnt that heat and reflux..?
Original post by RicerPud
Amazing notes!
Thank you very much!

Just a quick question on the flowchart..
to oxidise a primary alcohol to get an aldehyde, dont you heat and distil?
and then going from a primary alcohol to a carboxylic acid, isnt that heat and reflux..?

yes

distil with oxidising agent --> aldehyde
reflux with oxidising agent --> carboxylic acid
Nice.
Reply 36
Thanksss!! You are a life-saver! Got test tomz and wouldnt be able to cover 60pages!
Reply 37

Surely that's unfair. Those doing Salters have harder exams and therefore need some good resources to help them out as well. These people may not have the option to do OCR A chemistry instead of Salters. PLEASE make some notes for Salters.

Thanks.
Reply 38
Original post by krisshP
Surely that's unfair. Those doing Salters have harder exams and therefore need some good resources to help them out as well. These people may not have the option to do OCR A chemistry instead of Salters. PLEASE make some notes for Salters.

Thanks.

I don't do Salters though, therefore I know nothing about it. :frown:
Sorry
Reply 39
I don't do Salters though, therefore I know nothing about it. :frown:
Sorry

okay. I wish the resources out there for salters were improved as not all of us can actually choose our exam board :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending