Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not sure how to re-apply for second year

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I received a text in early feb telling me its time to apply for student finance - so having got round to now I am not sure what I should be doing

After logging it says that

Continuing on the same course in 2012/13?
    If you applied last time for basic student finance - loans not based on your household's income - you don't need to do anything just now.
    Student Finance England will write to you by the end of February 2012. In most cases, they'll automatically complete your financial assessment; all you'll need to do is sign and return the form they send you.

^^ I have not received anything from them and my loan was based on household income

I dont think my loan was normal because i got the maintenance grant also

If i click on view application status - I dont need to anything else as they have all the required information but this is the same screen that was there when applying for the first year

What should i do? Is it possible to send them an email or should i just call them?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do i click the link that says my application 2012/2013 and click on apply for student support there?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would also like help on this please.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, click that link.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Re-read what it says.

Continuing on the same course in 2012/13?
    If you applied last time for basic student finance - loans not based on your household's income - you don't need to do anything just now.
    Student Finance England will write to you by the end of February 2012. In most cases, they'll automatically complete your financial assessment; all you'll need to do is sign and return the form they send you.

This doesn't apply to you as you did apply based on household income. Therefore you need to reapply online as a continuing student for 2012/13.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.