Do you consider yourself as "black"?
Do you consider yourself as "batty"?
Original post by failingatm
Do you consider yourself as "black"?

Yes

Original post by kimprovising
Do you consider yourself as "batty"?

No
Got the answers the wrong way round, I think.

heh.
Reply 964
Original post by mel0n
^ But you are black so how can you not be considered black?

It depends on how you define "black" though, even as a skin colour it is still confusing. Skin colour is a continuum and therefore it is subjective, when do you have enough melanin in your skin to be considered "black"? Most people would base it on where you are from, i.e, person 1 is relatively "blacker" than person 2 but because person 1 has two white parents and person 2 does not, only person 2 is considered "black"..

It is almost a cultural thing nowadays and for some reason, Somalis are not culturally black. I think Somalis are just used as an example though because we are noticeable in the UK, I'm pretty sure Sudanis or Mauritanians or even some Tanzanians (Salim *winkwink*) would fall into the same category.

Original post by failingatm
How did I know you'd have something to say to this :colonhash:

Just representing :smug:
somalians are black. End.

Hu nex?!?!?!
Original post by In2deep
It depends on how you define "black" though, even as a skin colour it is still confusing. Skin colour is a continuum and therefore it is subjective, when do you have enough melanin in your skin to be considered "black"? Most people would base it on where you are from, i.e, person 1 is relatively "blacker" than person 2 but because person 1 has two white parents and person 2 does not, only person 2 is considered "black"..

It is almost a cultural thing nowadays and for some reason, Somalis are not culturally black. I think Somalis are just used as an example though because we are noticeable in the UK, I'm pretty sure Sudanis or Mauritanians or even some Tanzanians (Salim *winkwink*) would fall into the same category.

I'm not sure about mixed raced people but as far as I'm aware, 'black' or 'culturally black' is normally referred to people originating from sub-saharan africa (during some point or another in recent history). When you think of it like this, it makes much more sense of who is black or not.

Original post by kimprovising
Got the answers the wrong way round, I think.

heh.

No :nothing:
Reply 967
Original post by In2deep

Just representing :smug:

I define a Black person as a person of Sub Saharan African descent. People say stupid things because they have this idea that all Black people must have wide noses, fat lips, kinky hair etc so when they see someone that doesn't fit that e.g. somalians they assume they aren't Black. We have different shades, different hair types, facial structure. Variety which people forget.
Somalis should just be exterminated from existence. End of. :colonhash:
Oh, hey there. Don't mind me. Just a suave lad hitting the dancefloor. #saggytimberlake
Reply 970
Original post by Ebuwa
I define a Black person as a person of Sub Saharan African descent. People say stupid things because they have this idea that all Black people must have wide noses, fat lips, kinky hair etc so when they see someone that doesn't fit that e.g. somalians they assume they aren't Black. We have different shades, different hair types, facial structure. Variety which people forget.

Exactly! The historic meaning of "black" confuses people. What about people from The Caribbean?

Also, according the UN, Africa is split up into "North Africa" and "Sub-Saharan Africa". So that makes it easier I guess.

I don't want anyone thinking I have a problem with "black" or something, I just couldn't care less on which words people use to describe themselves, I really don't care whether people think I'm black or not. I wouldn't limit myself that way. I do find it annoying when people tell me I'm not African though, that is just idiotic :colonhash:
Reply 971
Original post by Crazy Paving

#PRSOM
Reply 972

You should seriously jump into an empty well.
Reply 973
Only those with class appreciate the greatness of Somalis. :smug:
Original post by In2deep
#PRSOM

:smug: #:colonhash:

Original post by mel0n
You should seriously jump into an empty well.

You should jump into a water well coz yo face so dry.

You need to be exterminated :colonhash:

Original post by Tucking Fypo
Oh, hey there. Don't mind me. Just a suave lad hitting the dancefloor. #saggytimberlake

You need to stop your crust :colonhash:
Reply 976
Original post by Tucking Fypo

haz u finished GoT? :colonhash:
Original post by The Cornerstone
You need to be exterminated :colonhash:

You need to stop your crust :colonhash:

I feel the same as long as there are Somalis out there. :nopity: Eritrea represent.
Reply 978
:smug: #:colonhash:

You should jump into a water well coz yo face so dry.

Shut it white boi. Smoother landing + cleaner face, can't complain.
I feel the same as long as there are Somalis out there. :nopity: Eritrea represent.

Don't lie, you blates love Ethiopia :sadnod:

Latest

Trending

Trending