Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it really fair to call them Agoraphobic?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    People have 50,000+ posts shouldn't be called by such a harsh,bullying sort of title,that is used when you only read the cover.People below that number get much better titles like TSR Demigod or TSR Royalty and Deity and it seems offensive to me to call people who post loads to be scared of society and being social.They should be called TSR President or something better.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's meant in jest, in the same way that deity isn't meant to be taken seriously either

That said, the titles have been in place for a long time and it might be nice to get some user-led revamp of them :yes:
    • 52 followers

I don't think anyone has reached 50,000 yet anyway. It would be impressive :holmes:

I back EVS there to get them revamped though :yes:
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    I don't think anyone has reached 50,000 yet anyway. It would be impressive :holmes:

I back EVS there to get them revamped though :yes:
    A few people got close, Jangafress was close I think before he stopped posting.

To the OP, I agree it's not really a big deal, it's all meant in jest.
    • 52 followers

(Original post by thunder_chunky)
    A few people got close, Jangafress was close I think before he stopped posting.

To the OP, I agree it's not really a big deal, it's all meant in jest.
    Not too close, I'm pretty sure that at the time Jangra slowed down his posting, he had not long reached 40,000 :holmes: The highest poster I can think of was NDGAARONDI. :beard:

I know it's easily findable but I cba to look :p:
    • 163 followers

Jangrafess was well above 'Agoraphoic' with 65,443 posts, just not officially since TSR blocked chat posts from being counted because it affected rep (200 posts = 1 rep power point, I think) and people would just spam. I don't there's any good reason now why they should not be counted.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why so serious?

It's meant in jest.
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Jangrafess was well above 'Agoraphoic' with 65,443 posts, just not officially since TSR blocked chat posts from being counted because it affected rep (200 posts = 1 rep power point, I think) and people would just spam. I don't there's any good reason now why they should not be counted.
    Just realised my beloved Vin-kin is up there too when you take this into account. :giggle:
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    The Food and Drink section can be just the same as chat.On the "What food have you just eaten thread?"-You could have a big meal and post about 10 posts in a row and iot is daft because the moderators should be able to control spam because most chat posts aren't just plain and simple spam.I was so upset when I first realised that chat posts didn't count because I had wasted loads of posts in the chat forum,thinking I would get easy posts to add to my post count-I focus on the Food and Drink section to maximise post count now!!!
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    They're a bit archaic and geeky IMO and apart from the first couple, don't mean an awful lot...

Will bring this up and see if we can change them to something a little nicer and relevent. Any thoughts?

Could be education based "Key Stage 1 TSR member" or just more fun "Pretty awesome member".
    Throw it on me!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    The Food and Drink section can be just the same as chat.On the "What food have you just eaten thread?"-You could have a big meal and post about 10 posts in a row and iot is daft because the moderators should be able to control spam because most chat posts aren't just plain and simple spam.I was so upset when I first realised that chat posts didn't count because I had wasted loads of posts in the chat forum,thinking I would get easy posts to add to my post count-I focus on the Food and Drink section to maximise post count now!!!
    :lolwut:

Why does your postcount matter?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Post counts are not meant to be a points game...I mean, it's not like you get a TSR plushie if you reach 50k posts...
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    You totally should do though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? Seriously.
    • 52 followers

(Original post by Chrosson)
    Post counts are not meant to be a points game...I mean, it's not like you get a TSR plushie if you reach 50k posts...
    :daydreaming: Imagine..
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    They're a bit archaic and geeky IMO and apart from the first couple, don't mean an awful lot...

Will bring this up and see if we can change them to something a little nicer and relevent. Any thoughts?

Could be education based "Key Stage 1 TSR member" or just more fun "Pretty awesome member".
    Throw it on me!
    I would also like SPaG to be brought up because I think it is annoying how many people keep correcting it and saying horrible things to people if they do SPaG mistakes-they aren't GCSE examiners.People want to be relaxed on forums and not have to constantly check their posts for SPaG mistakes like they are in an exam or are handing in a university dissertation.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would also like SPaG to be brought up because I think it is annoying how many people keep correcting it and saying horrible things to people if they do SPaG mistakes-they aren't GCSE examiners.People want to be relaxed on forums and not have to constantly check their posts for SPaG mistakes like they are in an exam or are handing in a university dissertation.
    What?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was so upset when I first realised that chat posts didn't count because I had wasted loads of posts in the chat forum,thinking I would get easy posts to add to my post count-I focus on the Food and Drink section to maximise post count now!!!
    Something's telling me you have slightly too much time on your hands.
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Something's telling me you have slightly too much time on your hands.
    How do people not have time on their hands?It's the holidays,which means they should have 100% time,unless people are forced to do things by their parents:confused: Going out with your friends,doesn't equal no time on your hands by the way and I haven't got time on my hands-Why would someone write time on their hands?-joke
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    While I agree that nobody likes a Grammar Nazi, this is a forum for educated people. Standards need to be upheld. If you write a post of absolute drivel, with poor spelling and grammar to the extent that it's causing people difficulty to understand what you're trying to convey, it gets very frustrating. It's not like modern browsers don't have spell-checkers built in to them.
Updated: April 24, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.