Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Juve Record in Serie A

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Incredible or not?

30 games
    # Team W D L F A D P

2 Juventus 16 14 0 49 17 +32 62

Conceded the least amount of goals in any European league in their top flight division along with Porto, but the quality of the leagues obviously vast.

Hate it or love it, they would really stand a chance in the champions league next season in my opinion.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing special. Nothing special at all. In fact, it's disgraceful, shameful and disgusting.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Inb4Calciopoli#2andtheygetdemote dtoSerieBagain :awesome:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would be fine if it was a few decades ago and it was 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw but under the current point system, you can see why they are 2nd and not top of the table.

17 goals conceded in 30 games isn't that amazing. In previous premier league seasons I'm sure the likes of Chelsea/Utd concede like 20 goals over the entire season. Cba to trawl through for examples at the moment.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Would be fine if it was a few decades ago and it was 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw but under the current point system, you can see why they are 2nd and not top of the table.

17 goals conceded in 30 games isn't that amazing. In previous premier league seasons I'm sure the likes of Chelsea/Utd concede like 20 goals over the entire season. Cba to trawl through for examples at the moment.
    Yeah, 17 goals in 30 games isn't anything to brag about. Us and Chelsea usually average around that.

When Chelsea had Mourinho, they conceded 15 in one year (38 games).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    so if juventus went to become undefeated in 38 games....... that wouldn't be special?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As milan fan I have to admint Juve are gathering much potential and we will be seeing a lot more success from them over the coming years. I've noticed a massive change in their playing style, they no longer play the traditional laid back football the italians play. They are now trying to replicate the fast pace football seen in spain. Definitely a team to watch out for, but not up to par at this very moment.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For them, it would be meaningless if the Serie A title didn't come with it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    so if juventus went to become undefeated in 38 games....... that wouldn't be special?
    I'm sure they would think it's nice but would it mean that much if they don't win the title?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's all well and good being undefeated, but if you don't win the league, nobody cares.

Juventus obviously can't score enough (the bottom ten teams in the Italian league are very poor). They would get hammered by the giants in the Champions League.

Look at the best 3 teams in world football at the moment; Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich. What do they all have in common? Goals. And lots of them. Ribery, Gomez, Robben, Ronaldo, Higuain, Benzema, Messi... who do Juventus have?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    It has been done before in Italy with the team not winning the title and nobody remembers or cares, obviously with this being Juventus it will be publicised a lot more.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a fantastic achievement considering what a shambles they were last year. Regardless of whether they finish 1st or 2nd (personally, I think Milan will still win the title), it's been a fantastic season for Conte and his side. Their next match against Palermo is probably their biggest threat to their undefeated run due to it being away. They still have 2 really tricky home ties against the Rome sides to go too.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why good defending is seen as a negative in football these days, from what uve became and where they are now I think they have made an incredible comeback and buffon is still in my opinion the best keeper in the world.

Mancini said after they lost to Sunderland "If you can't win, you mustn't lose" - perhaps this Italian mentality but it does make sense to me?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If Juve had more attacking options they would be clear of Milan by a few points already. Even if they don't win the title this year, they're on the up, with CL football to look forward to next year. Would be a shame if they lost out because of all those draws though, since, in most of those games, it was really their lack of a cutting edge/free-scoring striker that prevented them from taking all three points to cap off what can only be referred to as some truly dominant performances. Pirlo is still a beast, and Buffon has still got it too. Hope they can pull it off but we'll see, lack of goals will probably cost them in the end.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    They would do well in the CL but they wouldn't get past the quarter finals next season. I wouldn't want to face them, although the current team lacks CL experience bar bar the veterans, marchisio, chiellini and vucinic.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Life is easier for teams when they don't have to cope with European football, Juventus have benefited from that. The 'undefeated' tag is overly romanticised imo. Of course, it's nice to go a season unbeaten but when you have as many wins as draws, then it isn't really impressive. It indicates that you're hard to beat, and have a strong spirit, but there is the danger you may just play for draws to maintain that unbeaten tag. Still, from where they were last season, it's been a good achievement by Juventus - I wouldn't say it's an incredible achievement as a lot of the Italian clubs are going through transitions or getting their houses in order so there wasn't anything major to eclipse, really. If they win the title then it'll be a fantastic achievement, they'll go top if they win today. If they're to seriously challenge in the CL then they need to start scoring more.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Juve undefeated in the whole season and now Champions.

now what do you ....'attacking football' people have to say?

They've done brilliantly.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Juve undefeated in the whole season and now Champions.

now what do you ....'attacking football' people have to say?

They've done brilliantly.
    Still one game to go. ....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get them to the premier league so wigan can give them a good hard stuffing
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great achievement, Conte has turned out to be a great appointment. Chiellini has been immense and largely responsible for their great defensive record.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 9, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.