Visit website

DMU New Wharf Halls

Scroll to see replies

Im staying in NW-C-2-07. Anyone else?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
I'm staying in NW-D-3-05, anyone doing Politics?
Reply 42
I'm going to be staying in NW-B-3-05 and I'm moving in on the 19th September so if any of you are in my block/floor, let me know!!
Original post by Adamf12345
Im staying in NW-C-2-07. Anyone else?

Im staying at NW-C-2-13 so I guess were pretty close lol. Anyone else near me?
Hi, I'm doing Mechanical Engineering and am in NW-C-0-1. Anyone in the same flat/course?
Reply 45
Kinda old thread but I thought I'd have a look see who I might be living with for the next year or so.

I'm staying in NW-B-2-01. Still trying to remember what that means. B is the block right? What about the 2? Floor? And I'm pretty sure 01 means room number. Anyone able to clarify?
Original post by Sam_E
Kinda old thread but I thought I'd have a look see who I might be living with for the next year or so.

I'm staying in NW-B-2-01. Still trying to remember what that means. B is the block right? What about the 2? Floor? And I'm pretty sure 01 means room number. Anyone able to clarify?

yeah B is the block, 2 is the floor and 01 is your room number... I'm in NW-B-2-08 so on the same floor! :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by BethanMorris
yeah B is the block, 2 is the floor and 01 is your room number... I'm in NW-B-2-08 so on the same floor! :smile:

Ah, nice one :smile: Doesn't our floor have like the most rooms too? Wonder how much space we're gonna have lol
Original post by Sam_E
Ah, nice one :smile: Doesn't our floor have like the most rooms too? Wonder how much space we're gonna have lol

Yeah I think there's 14 rooms on our floor, have you got Facebook? There's a group there for new wharf halls with more people on our floor on there :smile:
Reply 49
Yeah I think there's 14 rooms on our floor, have you got Facebook? There's a group there for new wharf halls with more people on our floor on there :smile:

Dayum that's a lot of people hah. Yeah I got Facebook. Is it an invite only group? Or can I search it?
Original post by Sam_E
Dayum that's a lot of people hah. Yeah I got Facebook. Is it an invite only group? Or can I search it?

Yeah it's loads! Nah you can just join it I believe, just search De Montfort University New Wharf Halls 2014-15 :smile:
Reply 51
Yeah it's loads! Nah you can just join it I believe, just search De Montfort University New Wharf Halls 2014-15 :smile:

Thanks for the heads up :smile: I'll do that now. See you in a few weeks ;P
Reply 52
Uni nerves kicking in.. bit to late for this thread. But, im in NW-C-1-01 ?
Reply 53
Original post by kirankr
Uni nerves kicking in.. bit to late for this thread. But, im in NW-C-1-01 ?

We've all got the nerves mate! You're not alone :smile: There's a Facebook group where everyone else is finding out who they're living near, specifically for New Wharf, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

facebook.com/groups/NewWharfHallLeicester2014/

Just apply to join here and write a post to see who is in your block/on your floor.
Reply 54
Original post by Sam_E
We've all got the nerves mate! You're not alone :smile: There's a Facebook group where everyone else is finding out who they're living near, specifically for New Wharf, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

facebook.com/groups/NewWharfHallLeicester2014/

Just apply to join here and write a post to see who is in your block/on your floor.

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by CFC_Laza
I'm going to be staying in NW-B-3-05 and I'm moving in on the 19th September so if any of you are in my block/floor, let me know!!

Hey! I think I'm in your flat. NW-B-3-07 :smile: I'll be arriving on Sunday morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Sorry this is an old thread, hopefully going to DMU in September and struggling to decide on accomodation, New Wharf was one of my favourites, is it possible to choose which room you stay in? Sorry if that's a stupid question, any help would be great thanks :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by tina0903
Sorry this is an old thread, hopefully going to DMU in September and struggling to decide on accomodation, New Wharf was one of my favourites, is it possible to choose which room you stay in? Sorry if that's a stupid question, any help would be great thanks :smile:

Not a stupid question at all :smile:

Yes, you'll get to choose your room. I was lucky as I booked early and had the first pick of the whole block. So, the earlier you choose, the better your room choices will be.

New Wharf is a pretty decent choice.
Original post by Sam_E
Not a stupid question at all :smile:

Yes, you'll get to choose your room. I was lucky as I booked early and had the first pick of the whole block. So, the earlier you choose, the better your room choices will be.

New Wharf is a pretty decent choice.

Thanks that was really helpful! I've spent ages reading reviews on different accommodations, was torn between this and liberty park but apparently they're dodgy with deposits and whatnot, so yeah it's going to be new wharf! Just need to get the grades now:P
Reply 59
Original post by tina0903
Thanks that was really helpful! I've spent ages reading reviews on different accommodations, was torn between this and liberty park but apparently they're dodgy with deposits and whatnot, so yeah it's going to be new wharf! Just need to get the grades now:P

Liberty Park is really nice. The bedrooms are nicer in my opinion and you actually get a living room. New Wharf is in a great location though. Really close to the campus, Gym, Tesco etc.

I'm sure you'll manage to get the grades and I'm even more sure you'll love DMU :smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending