The Student Room Group

Rapists dragged drunk girl and CCTV didn't spot them

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by NB_ide
btw, just wondering, isn't this what pretty much every girl says after she goes home with someone?

"I don’t go out to do that, I go out to have fun and go home.
'I’m not like that, I wouldn’t let people carry me somewhere and do that. I wouldn’t go and have sex with a stranger."

girls love sex until someone asks them about it

This is incorrect. I love a good night out with the girls, and have never ever gone back to anyones house or slept with anyone I've met on a night out. Posters can say I'm lying, but I'm not. I have got quite a few friends that have though infact my best friend used to do it every weekend before she got a serious boyfriend. She was never raped, and never denied she took part in these actions. Infact, she still says now the reason she liked going out so much was for the pulling part, and that she felt a night wasnt 'complete' if she didnt pull.

I admit I love sex to anyone who asks me. Whats the point in being afraid of admitting it? Its a myth that men like sex more than women.
Reply 81
Original post by NB_ide
Both of you say "they shouldn't have raped her, but she could have avoided it easily". People just love being contrary. The internet was designed, after all, so that in case of a nuclear war military leaders would still be able to argue pointlessly with each other about exactly the same opinion.

so?

I didnt say that at all. I said I agree many people get way to drunk, because they do, everyone knows this. My comment on this has nothing to do with people getting raped. Stop picking parts of my post, I didnt blame the girl at all.

Infact, I explained to the poster that often you lose your friends on a night out, usually because people go to the toilet, to get a drink, out for a cig etc.

They were quick as were many others to call her friends evil etc, call her irresponsible for being alone yet take it from me who has nights out with the girls (well used to) often, you cannot always help this happening. I suspect the people commenting so harshly on this matter have never even been on a night out with their friends.
Reply 82
Original post by Chloe xxx
I didnt say that at all. I said I agree many people get way to drunk, because they do, everyone knows this. My comment on this has nothing to do with people getting raped. Stop picking parts of my post, I didnt blame the girl at all.

so why are you even talking about how drunk people get, what has that got to do with the situation she found herself in? Anything at all?
Original post by fuzznbass
Forensic science is more advanced than it was 10-20 years ago. Not to mention that there is still an appeals system and the fact that if it was set up in this country I imagine there would be a certain period of time before they were executed - a British death row if you like. I don't care about personal feelings on this, I think we need to take a tougher stance on crime.

Mistakes are still made though - DNA evidence essentially comes down to a statistical analysis and is still often wrongly presented in court (see 'prosecutor's fallacy'.) Of most concern is fingerprint evidence which most people assume to be evidence of fact, i.e. it is a fact that these two fingerprint's match. This is incorrect, fingerprint evidence is just an opinion and sometimes the people forming these opinions get it wrong, even nowadays.

Forensic evidence can be a dangerous thing because people hold it in such high regard. While it is a useful tool, it is accepted all too readily by juries leading to wrongful convictions.

There have also been instances of criminals collecting DNA and planting it at the scene of their crimes in order to muddy the water...

There will always be the chance that the state may execute the wrong person - we will never ever be able to prevent that. For that reason, execution can never be re-introduced and should be abolished wherever it is still in place.
Reply 84
Original post by NB_ide
so why are you even talking about how drunk people get, what has that got to do with the situation she found herself in? Anything at all?

Did you even read the post I quoted? Wtf?

When I said 'its a bit irresponsible..', did you read what came before it?

I was referring to people getting wasted out their minds, not the girl. I havnt even read the article. I do not know how drunk she was. But, the fact is she has the right to get drunk and people don't have the right to attack her. As Ive already explained, its often not easy at all especially when a night is busy to stay with your friends at all times.
Original post by InnerTemple
Mistakes are still made though - DNA evidence essentially comes down to a statistical analysis and is still often wrongly presented in court (see 'prosecutor's fallacy'.) Of most concern is fingerprint evidence which most people assume to be evidence of fact, i.e. it is a fact that these two fingerprint's match. This is incorrect, fingerprint evidence is just an opinion and sometimes the people forming these opinions get it wrong, even nowadays.

Forensic evidence can be a dangerous thing because people hold it in such high regard. While it is a useful tool, it is accepted all too readily by juries leading to wrongful convictions.

There have also been instances of criminals collecting DNA and planting it at the scene of their crimes in order to muddy the water...

There will always be the chance that the state may execute the wrong person - we will never ever be able to prevent that. For that reason, execution can never be re-introduced and should be abolished wherever it is still in place.

But there are other parts of the process i.e phone records, alibis etc. And what about the bigger picture- that it will deter crimes being committed in the first place.
Reply 86
Original post by silent ninja
Don't blame the drink for putting her in a compromising situation, absolutely no, they are not related.

They must be Muslims, surely?! :rolleyes:

Give it a rest.

This is the height of hypocrisy, you are always insulting other posters who bring muslims up when it is apparently irrelevant, yet you do it yourself.
Reply 87
Original post by silent ninja
Maybe she would've made it home well before then?

In my opinion many people (criminals) are opportunists and this opportunism can turn them in to criminals (eg the London riots looting). If you don't believe excess alcohol leaves you compromised to such attacks and muggings, you are truly having a laugh.

Of course. What about the many people who enjoy a nice bottle of rose or 3 at home whilst watching Coronation Street on a Friday night, or whilst listening and reminiscing to Savage Garden?

People don't have to go out clubbing, or be around anyone at all infact, to drink.

Shows how little you know on the subject, really.
Reply 88
I was referring to people getting wasted out their minds, not the girl.

she was wasted out of her mind, quite frankly.

I havnt even read the article.

lolol

I do not know how drunk she was.

drunk enough to pass out on a bench in a city centre, be carried across town and into a tent and be ****ed by two men and then dumped somewhere, and not remember a thing.

That is pretty damn drunk.
Reply 89
Original post by minimarshmallow

And I know you didn't say it, but I'm pretty sure most people couldn't fight off two attackers, never mind a woman (even if she's sober!)

Someones poisoned TSR water with brain-deadicide today.

They are arguing, that if the girl was sober she would be able to fight off the 2 men.

It would be hilarious if it wasnt so insulting.

I suppose then, that every rape victim in history must have been drunk, otherwise they would have been able to fight the attacker off.

This is actually what my first boyfriend said to me with regards to when I was raped as a 14yo- 'Why didnt you fight them off'. He also considered them as people I had had sex with, not who had raped me.

I went off him pretty quick and found someone much better.
Reply 90
Original post by NB_ide
she was wasted out of her mind, quite frankly.

lolol

drunk enough to pass out on a bench in a city centre, be carried across town and into a tent and be ****ed by two men and then dumped somewhere, and not remember a thing.

That is pretty damn drunk.

I've been wasted (albeit not that bad before, I have never once passed out), in a club and literally couldnt walk. Instead of raping me, two lads and my friend actually helped me out and into a taxi, and made sure I was ok.

The fault is on the rapists not the girl. Otherwise, all girls who get very drunk would be being raped by everyone.

I think the fact you say she was '****ed' instead of raped, says a lot.

I agree with the earlier poster who said there is so much nonsense written on this thread its barely readable.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 91
I've been wasted (albeit not that bad before, I have never once passed out), in a club and literally couldnt walk. Instead of raping me, two lads and my friend actually helped me out and into a taxi, and made sure I was ok.

I'm very happy for you.

The fault is on the rapists not the girl. Otherwise, all girls who get very drunk would be being raped by everyone.

logic error.

I think the fact you say she was '****ed' instead of raped, says a lot.

What does it say?
Reply 92
Original post by NB_ide
I'm very happy for you.

logic error.

What does it say?

Explain why its a logic error. If it was the girls fault for being very drunk, can we therefore say all girls who get very drunk get raped?

Fact is they don't, because most men arnt evil and perverted (not too sure about the last one, but hey).

Do you drink? Do you ever go out clubbing? Have you any idea what you are talking about with regards to this matter?

You do know, girls could have been GHB'd through no fault of their own, and actually not drank very much?

'What does it say?'- You are of similar irk to my ex, who as I said considered people I was raped by as people I had actually '****ed'. You are of the same mindset. You have no sympathy for rape victims.

Thats ok, not many people do, it just makes them immediately question if she was a slut, dressed tarty, or drunk.

I hope it never happens to their daughter or mother, thats all I can say.
This is why a more strict state wouldn't be a bad thing. More automation on CCTV, they can program in protocols to detect suspicious behaviour and flag it up.

BUT all the stupid hippy liberal ****ers stop the advance of technology to ensure they can smoke weed and have 'privacy' . Makes me sick, of course the operator cannot watch all the cameras, but you can write a computer program to display the relevant one -> it would reduce costs by improving efficiency and not even change anything on a privacy level. Its not like they even know what they are talking about anyway!

ALSO why the hell are vulnerable women turning away help! They should make it a crime to do so, I mean all of this could have been avoided if she wasn't programmed for self destruction. Not justifying it, just condemning her actions aswell.
Reply 94
Original post by FranticMind

BUT all the stupid hippy liberal ****ers stop the advance of technology to ensure they can smoke weed and have 'privacy' .

What? This is absoloute rubbish I'm afraid.

ALSO why the hell are vulnerable women turning away help! They should make it a crime to do so, I mean all of this could have been avoided if she wasn't programmed for self destruction. Not justifying it, just condemning her actions aswell.

TSR and majority of society, hates women. Or atleast, any woman who dares have a drink, wear a skirt or similar or god forbid, be out at night.
Reply 95
Explain why its a logic error. If it was the girls fault for being very drunk, can we therefore say all girls who get very drunk get raped?

No, we can not say that, haha. These things are complex and have many causes leading up to it. If those men hadn't found her and decided to take her, it wouldn't have happened. If she hadn't got so drunk that she fell unconscious alone outdoors, it wouldn't have happened. Numerous other factors come into it, such as "if her friends stayed with her", "if the CCTV operators saw her", etc etc.

Fact is they don't, because most men arnt evil and perverted (not too sure about the last one, but hey).

we all are, most are just afraid of the repercussions.

Do you drink? Do you ever go out clubbing? Have you any idea what you are talking about with regards to this matter?

rarely, never, yes.

You do know, girls could have been GHB'd through no fault of their own, and actually not drank very much?

omgitspossibleiguesslololol

'What does it say?'- You are of similar irk to my ex, who as I said considered people I was raped by as people I had actually '****ed'. You are of the same mindset. You have no sympathy for rape victims.

so were you raped without being ****ed? I'm not sure I understand

Thats ok, not many people do, it just makes them immediately question if she was a slut, dressed tarty, or drunk.

I hope it never happens to their daughter or mother, thats all I can say.

tbh if someone raped my mum they should go to a nut house, not prison.
Reply 96
Original post by NB_ide
No, we can not say that, haha. These things are complex and have many causes leading up to it. If those men hadn't found her and decided to take her, it wouldn't have happened. If she hadn't got so drunk that she fell unconscious alone outdoors, it wouldn't have happened. Numerous other factors come into it, such as "if her friends stayed with her", "if the CCTV operators saw her", etc etc.

we all are, most are just afraid of the repercussions.

All men, or all people are evil and perverted? Not to sure what the rest of the human race makes of this sweeping generalisation, but hey. Your arguments are absoloutely awful.

rarely, never, yes.

omgitspossibleiguesslololol

This shows your blatant immaturity.

so were you raped without being ****ed? I'm not sure I understand

tbh if someone raped my mum they should go to a nut house, not prison.

I can barely be bothered responding to this illiterate post.

You rarely go clubbing and dont drink, so no, you don't know what you are talking about. The same as, for example:

You know nothing about Islam or Muslims as you arnt one, so don't comment on them.

This is given all the time on this forum. So therefore, I can say you rarely go clubbing and don't drink so you have no idea what you are talking about.

It is possible to be relatively sober, or tipsy one minute and smashed the next. Stop judging this girl.

And she was raped by them, not ****ed.

Please don't reply as I'm fairly convinced I've won this argument.
Reply 97
[QUOTE=Chloe xxx;37025543And she was raped by them, not ****ed.

I'm pretty sure they ****ed her, that's the whole point isn't it? :confused:
Reply 98
It is possible to be relatively sober, or tipsy one minute and smashed the next. Stop judging this girl.

through her own choices and actions, yes. No one gets drunk by accident, lol. We all know what happens to us when we drink.
Reply 99
Original post by NB_ide
through her own choices and actions, yes. No one gets drunk by accident, lol. We all know what happens to us when we drink.

What 'happens' to us when we drink? Because I've been drunk plenty of times and so has most people I know and none of us have come to any harm through it.

Using this as a reason no one should drink at all is like saying all muslims are terrorists therefore Islam should be banned as it has caused deaths due to some people not using it correctly.

I'm not responding to your other post, you don't know how offensive referring to rape as that is to someone who has been raped. Please, stop it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending