The Student Room Group

Rapists dragged drunk girl and CCTV didn't spot them

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Chloe xxx
What 'happens' to us when we drink?

as in, you get drunk

Because I've been drunk plenty of times and so has most people I know and none of us have come to any harm through it.

Using this as a reason no one should drink at all is like saying all muslims are terrorists therefore Islam should be banned as it has caused deaths due to some people not using it correctly.

that would indeed be a strange thing to claim. Good job no one is!
Reply 101
Original post by NB_ide
as in, you get drunk

that would indeed be a strange thing to claim. Good job no one is!

No one is claiming what? Let me make is simple for you:

Eg 1. Some people get way too drunk and end up coming to harm. This is the minority though, most people enjoy a drink regularly and come to no harm.

Eg 2. Some muslims are terrorists and kill in the name of Islam. This is the minority though, most muslims do not do this.

This is correct.

It sounds like you are suggesting no one drinks as it ultimately leads to loss of control, rape, mugging and other bad things.

I could equally suggest no one follows Islam as is ultimately leads to loss of life, extremism, bombings and murder.

Both would be incorrect viewpoints.
Reply 102
No one is claiming what? Let me make is simple for you:

Eg 1. Some people get way too drunk and end up coming to harm. This is the minority though, most people enjoy a drink regularly and come to no harm.

Eg 2. Some muslims are terrorists and kill in the name of Islam. This is the minority though, most muslims do not do this.

This is correct.

It sounds like you are suggesting no one drinks as it ultimately leads to loss of control, rape, mugging and other bad things.

I could equally suggest no one follows Islam as is ultimately leads to loss of life, extremism, bombings and murder.

Both would be incorrect viewpoints.

yes, they would.
Someones poisoned TSR water with brain-deadicide today.

They are arguing, that if the girl was sober she would be able to fight off the 2 men.

I was agreeing with you and saying it is pretty unlikely that any one person could fight off two attackers, whether they were a sober male in the middle of the day or a drunk female in the middle of the night.
Reply 104
Original post by minimarshmallow
I was agreeing with you and saying it is pretty unlikely that any one person could fight off two attackers, whether they were a sober male in the middle of the day or a drunk female in the middle of the night.

Sorry if the post came across like I was disagreeing with you, I quoted because I agree with it completely.

Its just an irrational argument, its like saying why cant a woman or man suffering domestic violence just turn round and knock the partner out.
Sorry if the post came across like I was disagreeing with you, I quoted because I agree with it completely.

Its just an irrational argument, its like saying why cant a woman or man suffering domestic violence just turn round and knock the partner out.

Oh right, it was just the brain-dead bit at the top, thought it was aimed at me and got all sad :frown: Glad we agree, it is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
TSR and majority of society, hates women. Or atleast, any woman who dares have a drink, wear a skirt or similar or god forbid, be out at night.

I don't hate women :confused: , but it is true that people who know very little about technology are making the decisions about it.

They won't allow automation in systems as it is seen as an unacceptable intrusion of privacy. There is technology readily available, it is used in the olympic area for example, that can identify all the people from cctv footage by cross referencing the DVLA and passport authority. It is yet to be approved. There is also pattern recognition and behaviour analysers, again yet to be approved.

I have lots of friends who do the same thing, refuse all help and to be honest it scares me that this could happen to them. They need to accept they are incapacitated and just let people help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending