The Student Room Group

Rapists dragged drunk girl and CCTV didn't spot them

The two guys took her to a tent and raped her. The shocking thing was despite the CCTV security in place, the operator didn't see them...drag her...across the city centre.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2125568/Rapists-dragged-victim-19-city-centre-attack-NONE-CCTV-operators-spotted-it.html

They got 5 years because of their 'age'.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bring back execution
It was her birthday, where were her friends? :eek:
Reply 3
Original post by Muffled Snuffles
There was a recent story from some state in America where a girl came forward 10 years later (after her father had been convicted and sent to prison) and told the truth about how she had lied about her father raping her. A recent testament as to why we shouldn't 'bring back execution'. However, obviously tougher sentences are needed.

Does this situation look like a lie ?, Yes we hear those stories everytime but I still think that capital punishment is a good thing. I know someone innocent could get put on death row but with a good enough forensic and police service the chances would be slim.
Reply 4
Original post by Muffled Snuffles
If these guys were Muslims, people would have been on the story faster than a London rioter with a 50inch Plasma TV. Anyway, the two guys took her to a tent and raped her. The shocking thing was despite the CCTV security in place, the operator didn't see them...drag her...across the city centre.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2125568/Rapists-dragged-victim-19-city-centre-attack-NONE-CCTV-operators-spotted-it.html

They got 5 years because of their 'age'.

5 years?! her family must be absolutely furious. And you are right, if they were Muslims this really would be more publicized. Whats even more puzzling is that her friends would leave her passed out.
Reply 5
That is a disgrace, she should sue the council, sue the ***** parents and disown her friends, what friend leaves a vulnerable girl alone? ****ers :angry:
Original post by tehFrance
That is a disgrace, she should sue the council, sue the ***** parents and disown her friends, what friend leaves a vulnerable girl alone? ****ers :angry:

..Sue the parents?
Original post by fuzznbass
Bring back execution

a VERY good idea

might make these 'thugs' stop and have a good look!
maybe if they knew that committing a crime would mean death instead of a few years in prison where they can meet new people and learn new crimes and then come out and get money and all sorts handed to them, going to prison to these guys is a reward nowadays, they seem superior to their friends and all the above

All that bull about how they have had a bad upbringing which results in them turning to crime, many people have a bad upbringing, doesn't mean they go out and commit acts like this
OR THE OTHER ONE I LOVE
they do this because they are council housed! NO! this is not true, many people are council housed and go on to lead normal and law abiding lives.. its all just an excuse which brings down the reputation of those good people who are living on a council estate..

Some people just don't belong in this world :rolleyes:
It's a joke how they only got 5 years for such a crime...all the more reason not to get ridiculously drunk to be honest.
Reply 9
they still have a kwiksave??
They were obviously using the ultra modern 1 pixel CCTV cameras. You know, the ones that cost millions and millions yet can't see anything at all.

More policemen.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by A level Az
It's a joke how they only got 5 years for such a crime...all the more reason not to get ridiculously drunk to be honest.

another problem,
there's already massive coverage about how teens are drinking too much
don't this just add to the problem

sorry to say but if this girl was able to respect her body and know her limits of alcohol then she wouldn't have this problem in the first place.
before people jump the gun,
I BELIEVE IT IS WRONG WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GIRL
but she shouldn't have decided to get this drunk
Original post by MelissaBabe
a VERY good idea

might make these 'thugs' stop and have a good look!
maybe if they knew that committing a crime would mean death instead of a few years in prison where they can meet new people and learn new crimes and then come out and get money and all sorts handed to them, going to prison to these guys is a reward nowadays, they seem superior to their friends and all the above

All that bull about how they have had a bad upbringing which results in them turning to crime, many people have a bad upbringing, doesn't mean they go out and commit acts like this
OR THE OTHER ONE I LOVE
they do this because they are council housed! NO! this is not true, many people are council housed and go on to lead normal and law abiding lives.. its all just an excuse which brings down the reputation of those good people who are living on a council estate..

Some people just don't belong in this world :rolleyes:

Yes, at least death is a permanent sentence
Original post by fuzznbass
yes, at least death is a permanent sentence

exactly my point :e :e
Original post by MelissaBabe
exactly my point :e :e

We share some similar views :biggrin:
even though i believe that murder etc is a natural thing of who we are
as cavemen murdered each other for food and whatever

but now with social rules and all the rest of it, I think we have evolved enough to know what is right and wrong and a person who can kill another human should not be allowed to live

sorry for people who don't agree but its my opinion
Reply 16
The rapists got what they deserved 5 years is a long time (By then i'd have completed my gcses ended a levels and would be fresh into uni) Having been pissed afew times i'm lucky my friends lookes out for me,being drunk is bad but her friends really should have done better
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by NuckingFut
..Sue the parents?

Of the children (as they were at the time) who raped her....
Don't blame the drink for putting her in a compromising situation, absolutely no, they are not related.

They must be Muslims, surely?! :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja
Don't blame the drink for putting her in a compromising situation, absolutely no, they are not related.

the point is, if she wasn't drunk so badly that she was in no control over her body then she would have been able to fight and they wouldn't have succeeded in the rape! I am sorry to say, but its true!

so she did in a way, put herself in the compromising situation...
it may not have been intended, but she didn't help herself did she?

Quick Reply

Latest