Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how bad is this?!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    today ive eaten a whole bag of liquorice (around 235g) and 3 packets of winegums terrible. do you think i could balance this out a little if i spent an hour on the eliptical? i know its like tarting the horse up after its bolted, but surely one day cant be too bad?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'll live.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, you're going to obese when you wake up...

/facepalm
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That's fine OP, all I've eaten today is 4 packets of mentos and half a packet of chocolate digestives. I plan on 'balancing this out' by watching the football, in the hope that if the action is frenetic enough then I will burn off some calories by following the ball with my eyes. I will then consume the remaining biscuits and a pizza.

This pattern shall probably be repeated until I'm at home where my mum can cook for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it's all you've eaten all day then you're panicking for no reason. It's one day and it won't have any effect. I know how you feel with the guilt and overwhelming need to 'burn it off' but what's done is done. Don't try to exercise it off or starve either (because that will backfire). Just forget about it and wake up in the morning with a positive mindset to eat something substantial.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    get some perspective, woman!
    In all seriousness though, this thread is unbelievably stupid and pointless.
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GildedButterfly)
    today ive eaten a whole bag of liquorice (around 235g) and 3 packets of winegums terrible. do you think i could balance this out a little if i spent an hour on the eliptical? i know its like tarting the horse up after its bolted, but surely one day cant be too bad?
    It's not this at all. You eat calories, and if you burn them they're used up. Simple as. So whether you do the exercise before or after eating it'll have the same effect.

It's better than not bothering to do the exercise.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryejd)
    No, you're going to obese when you wake up...

/facepalm
    This. Just don't do it again OP.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dreadful. Be prepared to wake up three stones heavier tomorrow morning. In all seriousness, don't worry about it. That's life - you can't eat perfectly every single day so brush it off and move forward.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    do you think i will gain weight?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Say hello to your 2-3% body fat gain.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'll end up like Susan Boyle if you carry this on!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    do you think i will gain weight?
    1 pack of wine gums is slightly under 52g.

(3*52)g + 235g = 391g. So yes you will have gained weight, but this happens everytime you eat, then it gets used up as energy/turns into fat/comes out the other end.

Really OP there's no need to worry, one bad food day means nothing as long as it doesn't become a habit.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    kinda makes me feel bad about knocking a pack of cookies back while revising...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.