Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who do you want to win the champions league and why?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
  • View Poll Results: Who will/should it be?
    Barcelona
    31.51%
    Bayern Munich
    38.36%
    Real Madrid
    30.14%

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Chelsea won't get spanked...not at all. They may not win but they won't get thrashed
    They probably will.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want Bayern to win it, I've always had a soft spot for them.

I'd prefer anyone to win it other than Barca tbh (and Chelsea maybe). I don't hate them, watch them play most weekends, it's just boring having one team dominate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    spain because we are gentically superior
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    They probably will.
    They really won't...just because you want them to be doesn't mean they will
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Would like Bayern to, home advantage for the final would be great.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow seems like anyone who says Barcelona gets negged. Living in fear. Bayern would be great too see a team win in their stadium.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Barca.

Partly because I have a £10 bet with my boyfriend - he reckons Real, I reckon Barca. So I want a Real - Barca final to make our bet a little more interesting.
    Plus I've had a soft spot for Barca ever since I watched them play at the Nou Camp as spent an extortionate amount on a "Messi" shirt.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP you are a dick for not putting Chelsea in there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone BUT Barcelona.

I know I am gonna get negs for this most likely, but I really don't see why people say that Barcelona play the "most beautiful" football or have such a "wonderful" style. Personally, I feel their style of football is incredibly boring. The amount of silly little passes they do is just plain tedious. Yes, they possess many good footballers and have moments of genius; which makes me think that the people who claim that they play such beautiful football actually rarely watch a 90 minute Barcelona game, and have gotten their views from YouTube compilations and media hype.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea. Because they're English.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see Bayern win it. They play good football and winning it home would be something quite special for their fans.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bayern! Would definitely say that they are my second team after Arsenal.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simoncino)
    Anyone BUT Barcelona.

I know I am gonna get negs for this most likely, but I really don't see why people say that Barcelona play the "most beautiful" football or have such a "wonderful" style. Personally, I feel their style of football is incredibly boring. The amount of silly little passes they do is just plain tedious. Yes, they possess many good footballers and have moments of genius; which makes me think that the people who claim that they play such beautiful football actually rarely watch a 90 minute Barcelona game, and have gotten their views from YouTube compilations and media hype.
    The only reason you don't like it is because you don't like Barcelona. It's understandable you think it's boring when the team you want to win never has the ball.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    GOGO Bayern!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid, please.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    The only reason you don't like it is because you don't like Barcelona. It's understandable you think it's boring when the team you want to win never has the ball.
    I don't like Barcelona for many reasons, one of which being I find their style of football very tedious. It doesn't matter who the opposition is. I prefer watching Napoli play to Barcelona, despite them being several classes below them in terms of quality.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    They really won't...just because you want them to be doesn't mean they will
    just because you dont want them too doesnt mean they wont. the other 3 teams are clearly a league ahead of chelsea who were lucky to get past Napoli.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid. So they can ****ing knock Barca of their perch.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really dislike all of those teams to an extent. Munich just happens to agitate me the least.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simoncino)
    Anyone BUT Barcelona.

That's down to personal preference really. I watch 90 minutes of most Barcelona matches and enjoy them. I feel as though their style of play is less "random" than when I see the sorts of games with a goal almost scored every 5 minutes at either end of the pitch.

True, they don't play "beautiful" football for the entire 90 minutes. But it still feels like more of a team than 11 individuals.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 7, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.