The Student Room Group

why do you need £9000 per year?

Hey. i wanted to know why you need £9000 a year? It seems like alot of money for me considering that im staying at home.
So could someone tell me why i will need all the money as i live close to my uni so i doubt transport will cost me alot either!
HELP?!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
where did you get 9000 pounds from?

No one should be spending 9000 pounds a year on living costs whilst at university.
Tuition fees?
Wait, do you mean for living costs? Don't quite get your question :curious:
(edited 12 years ago)
tuition fees funnily enough...
I think most of it comes from the wages of the academic staff, when you prorate it across the students that's a lot because these guys are rollin in cash.

Also running costs like electricity and whatever.
Reply 5
somebody didn't budget.
Reply 6
who said you need all that?
Reply 7
Original post by Fuzzy12345
Tuition fees?
Wait do you mean for living costs? Don't quite get your question :curious:

Is 9000 to cover tuition fees?
Reply 8
Original post by Honey:)

Yes.
Reply 9

That's what you were being asked. What do you think you need £9000 for? Where did you hear that you did?

you do not need £9000 to live on. More £6-7000. If you need to pay tuition fees then it'll vary by uni how much they are
Reply 10
Original post by BKS
That's what you were being asked. What do you think you need £9000 for? Where did you hear that you did?

you do not need £9000 to live on. More £6-7000. If you need to pay tuition fees then it'll vary by uni how much they are

cause to study in london i thought you get a loan of £9000 and you have to pay it back once you earn over £21,000. When i went to an open day thats what they said that you need £9000 every year...
LOL.
Staffing the uni, energy, internet, equipment, expansions, scholarships, funding research(?), etc.
LOL
Reply 14
Probably a question for 'the university administrator room' tbh... Though some places charge less than 9000.
cause to study in london i thought you get a loan of £9000 and you have to pay it back once you earn over £21,000. When i went to an open day thats what they said that you need £9000 every year...

...for tuition fees :P
Reply 16

You don't need £9000 a year. I doubt they are all talking crap so I think you must have misunderstood

You can get a fees loan to pay tuition which is up to £9000 then you can get £4,375 if you stay at home or £7,675 away from home in London for living costs. Those reflect actual costs of living. So depending on how you count it you need £4,375 or £13,375 (or a bit less if the uni don't charge £9000 but I think most in London are pretty close to it)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Are you sure you're ready for University life? You don't seem to have a clue what it entails...
Reply 18
Original post by Pthaos
Are you sure you're ready for University life? You don't seem to have a clue what it entails...

Lol looks like i dont! Lets see how it goes:biggrin:

please dont go to uni, i'd save your money....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending