Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your at Uni, and you had £33,000 saved up .. what would you do?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infallible)
    Oh my goodness me. Could you be any more of a liberal? What makes you think that they wanted to learn English? Or did you just want to boost your ego? Хуй.
    :rofl: WHAT?

I didn't force English onto anyone, there was a school recruiting English Native Speakers to teach people who wanted to learn English.

A lot of people want to learn a new language it's something to be admired.

Can't believe I answered you though, you are obviously some sort of :troll:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ07)
    :rofl: WHAT?

I didn't force English onto anyone, there was a school recruiting English Native Speakers to teach people who wanted to learn English.

A lot of people want to learn a new language it's something to be admired.

Can't believe I answered you though, you are obviously some sort of :troll:
    Why did you teach English in SE Asia? Why didn't you make the relatively short trip to Moldova and help in the orphanages? Was that not 'worthy enough' of your time?

Yes, people want to learn a new language. Out of interest, how many languages do you know?

See, you lot always respond by calling someone a troll for asking legitimate questions. Why, if you are secure in your reasons, would you bother to label someone? It doesn't add up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infallible)
    Why did you teach English in SE Asia? Why didn't you make the relatively short trip to Moldova and help in the orphanages? Was that not 'worthy enough' of your time?

Yes, people want to learn a new language. Out of interest, how many languages do you know?

See, you lot always respond by calling someone a troll for asking legitimate questions. Why, if you are secure in your reasons, would you bother to label someone? It doesn't add up.
    I taught it to make some extra money to support myself while I was studying in China, I didn't teach it in SE Asia, I backpacked round SE Asia to see the sights and experience the culture. It was an enjoyable experience.

I know two languages my English and Russian. I'd love to know more to be honest and probably should but the language education is disgraceful in the UK.

I'm sure setting up an orphanage in Moldova would be very rewarding.

I called you a troll because you know rightly you attacked a harmless statement I made and accused me of having an ego and 'forcing' English Language upon people; which was clearly not the case.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Hindsight)
    Well obviously? The car is self explanatory and the deposit I already said? Using my own points against me and calling them your own is laughable
    I think you're missing MY point. My point is that using the money to pay off student debts (which you thought was logical..) is a daft thing to do. I'd spend the money how I said and keep the rest in a savings account for a rainy day.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd pay the three years rent whilst I was at uni. I'd use loans and stuff for actual tuition and stuff. then, with the remaining, just live happily and not blow it, because I'd use the rest to start living after uni is over
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in roughly the same position, I'm planning to hop on the property ladder as soon as possible (whenever I get a fixed address).

As it stands just putting 5k a year into Isas to avoid tax and the like.

Bit boring, but as some feel joy in exploring the world, I would feel achievement in settling down haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pay off any debts. Invest. Maybe take a holiday.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably learn the difference between "your" and "you're". :holmes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No idea which Uni you are at (with reference to getting a car) but I would go down the investment portfolio route.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finish uni and use the savings to put a deposit down on a house.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Amsterdam
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy you grammar lessons.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Convert it into 1,094,957,020 Vietnamise Dong just to feel even richer.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    you're*
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    save it, if you dont get a graduate job straight away/get offered an unpaid internship etc you'll be able to live comfortably for a while.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you invest it on high risk high reward vehicles (not talking cars here) you might be able to live comfortably for life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Save it for things you'll actually need. Deposit for a house, pension and in case you're ever unemployed.

I wouldn't bother investing it. £33k isn't that much.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cocaine and hookers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Short sell on Microsoft and JP MOrgan
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you shorted on JPMorgan right now you would have to be retarded. Buy low sell high, not the other way round!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.