The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Clare~Bear
Precisely. Sure there are women that choose to wear it but god knows how many are forced to. I'd either find it comical or probably plain idiotic at how a symbol of my and many other womens oppression is being used as such a symbol.

I find the bolded sentence quite interesting. I didn't know you were a muslim. When you see the multiple threads on TSR that rip on muslims, does it bother you personally or do you feel that some of that animosity is justified in some way?
Original post by ajtiesto
What a great thread and story. Respect to these non-muslim women who will be wearing the hijab to show their support. To the Islamaphobic ***** out there I wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire!

A bit extreme bro, "It may be that God will ordain love between you and those whom you hold as enemies. For God has power over all things; and God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."- Qur'an 60.7
Original post by King-Panther
Etemananki Baylonian actually existed, so Quran was referring to what actually is.

Can't find a source for that, that isn't a christian website.

Is that story really in the Quran?

The first story of a flood is nothing like the story of mosses, it is of Gods and lesser gods, and the Gods created man the help the gods.... However, the story below (The Epic of Gilgameš) is also very different but similar. However, the story came after the time of moses (pbh), thus could have been copied from his teachings (Moses (pbh) being a prophet of Islam, the jews will confirm that).

"The Epic of Gilgameš

The second Babylonian text is the Epic of Gilgameš (text), which was composed in c.1100 BCE"

http://www.livius.org/fa-fn/flood/flood3.html

Best guess for Moses Date of birth is 1526 BC

(google)

The story of Enuma is very different to that of the Quran and Moses is also older.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enûma_Eliš

Story is similar but not the same and actually quite different, god has sex with the earth??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panbabylonism

Can you show me?

Another story after the time of moses (pbh)....

The story is first attested in the Kassite period (14th century BCE).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adapa

Just because other people have similar traditions, doesn't mean they copied one another, does it??? The difference is, Mithra and the christian Jesus are identical, with that case its more like spot the difference, and the examples you've given me, its very hard the spot the similarities, if at all any.

I'm afraid you've been reading too many anti-islamic websites, but go ahead and bring your argument.

God sent prophets to all nations on earth,

"And for every nation there is a messenger." (10:47)
"And there is not a people but a warner has gone among them." (35:24)

So, people from different parts of the world may have some truth in their beliefs but because of human corruption, the message has been distorted and deviated. God promised that this will never happen to the message of muhammed (pbh) and it hasn't, the Quran hasn't changed, nor will it.

Surely, if people from different parts of the world have similar ideas, surely there might be some truth in it, like jinns, from far east asia, europe and america, how can these people have the same idea about this creature, if there was no truth in it?

Indeed, check out that guys desperate attempt.

Seriously, are you a 5 year old , i thought you claimed to be a student? your best re-buttal to proven historical fact is " Moses was born 3500 years ago before all these stories, so they must have copied him :facepalm:

Please, thats so stupid its laugable. most of the translated stories above have been dated, certainly the tablet records, to many thousands of years before islam was even invented. What scientific evidence convinced you Moses as was born in 1526 BC, or that any of the stories about him existed before the the babylonains, sumerians etc, given that the first quran was only written no earlier than 640 AD.

really you are embarrassing yourself now, and muslims in general
Reply 144
A bit extreme bro, "It may be that God will ordain love between you and those whom you hold as enemies. For God has power over all things; and God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."- Qur'an 60.7

No offence man but don't think you should be quoting the Quran here.

Have a look at this gem:

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Graphic isn't it?
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Seriously, are you a 5 year old , i thought you claimed to be a student? your best re-buttal to proven historical fact is " Moses was born 3500 years ago before all these stories, so they must have copied him :facepalm:

ad hominem

ad hominem |ˈad ˈhämənəm|
adverb & adjective
attacking an opponent’s motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain : vicious ad hominem attacks.

How about you actually attack my argument rather than me. ad hominem, a sure sign you're losing the debate.

The fact of the matter, those stories came after his birth and he is a prophet of God....

Please, thats so stupid its laugable. most of the translated stories above have been dated, certainly the tablet records, to many thousands of years before islam was even invented. What scientific evidence convinced you Moses as was born in 1526 BC, or that any of the stories about him existed before the the babylonains, sumerians etc, given that the first quran was only written no earlier than 640 AD.

Islam was not created by muhammed, he was the final prophet of Islam, the Jews will confirm that. If the stories in the Quran are copies, why are they soo different! Google the birth of moses, research indicates he was born at that date, but I'm sure you know more than the historians that suggested that date.

really you are embarrassing yourself now, and muslims in general

How about providing a counter argument rather than resorting to ad hominem. A sure sign you're losing the debate.
Original post by .eXe
No offence man but don't think you should be quoting the Quran here.

Have a look at this gem:

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Graphic isn't it?

Yes when you take it out of context. That verse is in reference to a treaty the pagans broke by slaughtering many innocent muslims. That verse is in reference to individuals who were war criminals. Indeed, capital punishment is used in Islam as a deterrent, as it was in the Britain a a couple of hundred years ago, and proved to lower crime rates (I learnt that whilst attending a criminology lecture at the university of Cambridge).

However, don't take my word for it, this lovely jewish women will put that verse into context for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y2Or0LlO6g
ad hominem

ad hominem |ˈad ˈhämənəm|
adverb & adjective
attacking an opponent’s motives or character rather than the policy or position they maintain : vicious ad hominem attacks.

How about you actually attack my argument rather than me. ad hominem, a sure sign you're losing the debate.

The fact of the matter, those stories came after his birth and he is a prophet of God....

Islam was not created by muhammed, he was the final prophet of Islam, the Jews will confirm that. If the stories in the Quran are copies, why are they soo different! Google the birth of moses, research indicates he was born at that date, but I'm sure you know more than the historians that suggested that date.

How about providing a counter argument rather than resorting to ad hominem. A sure sign you're losing the debate.

please dont just paste things you have googled - i have already attacked your argument, you havent answered yet. I asked what was your evidence of Moses birth? Google? :facepalm: where has this "research " done, the bible i would guess. Where is the science exactly?

The evidence i quoted has been carbon dated back to the 2nd millenium BC, thats is the application of science. What are you offerring exactly?
Like i said you are embarrassing yourself ...

Latest

Trending

Trending