Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Golf: The Masters

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone following it?
    Lee Westwood's stormed his opening round and put himself in a strong position, he's got high ranking experience to carry it on as well. Be good to see him take his 1st major.

Of course it's still VERY early days. Tiger's scrapped about and saved a level par round so he's still very much in contention.

Thoughts?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see Westwood win, I reckon he deserves it after his consistent form. You can't rule out Woods or Mickelson yet though, and there is always a dark horse in the mix come Sunday. I reckon Jimenez and his cigars could be in and around the top 5!

Heart-in-mouth moment for Luke Donald aswell, despite an indifferent opening round... Nearly DQ'd!
    • 62 followers

ReputationRep:
    Westwood looked good in the first round, meant to watch some of it live but sleep pattern is fecked, hopefully catch some of Day Two tonight.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary Barlow)
    Anyone following it?
    Lee Westwood's stormed his opening round and put himself in a strong position, he's got high ranking experience to carry it on as well. Be good to see him take his 1st major.

Of course it's still VERY early days. Tiger's scrapped about and saved a level par round so he's still very much in contention.

Thoughts?
    Glad I found this thread! no one in my family wants to discuss golf with me... :cry:
    Westwood's on from, but then again so are many others; including Woods, McIlroy, Donald etc.
    Not too sure who I'd like to see win this one yet... Maybe Woods; or maybe McIlroy as I felt so sorry for him last year.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aye Mcllroy is favourite right now. He's been on form and has experience winning a major. That being said i've has a silly fiver on jimenez to win. I don't care about the money but i want to see his victory cigar.

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenRef)
    I'd love to see Westwood win, I reckon he deserves it after his consistent form. You can't rule out Woods or Mickelson yet though, and there is always a dark horse in the mix come Sunday. I reckon Jimenez and his cigars could be in and around the top 5!

Heart-in-mouth moment for Luke Donald aswell, despite an indifferent opening round... Nearly DQ'd!
    for some reason i couldn't see your post about 5 mins ago, weird.

I'd like to see Westy win more than anyone i think, he's been up there in majors before but never managed to clinch one. As of now im ruling Woods out of contention, he's not close enough and his heads not there to play his best. Theres some big names who seem to have finally come round, Garcia namely be good to see him win a major. Shaped up nicely for the weekend. If i had to call it now i'd go with Mcllroy. But you can never rule out a wonder round from Mickelson which he has a habit of doing at Augusta.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Westwood and McIlroy are definitely in contention atm. Yeah, I don't think Woods will win it now... too much competition. Bit disappointed with Donald, but I guess there's still time...
    I'm just glad that they're going to start showing it live on the BBC :yep: So far I've had to make do with videos on the Masters website and BBC highlights.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear McIlroy! oh well shows how unpredictable this sport is. Should be anyones game now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The must frustrating thing about golf is that theres hardly any consistency, almost every major is won some random slob ranked 79 or something, who'll then go on to tank their next couple of tournaments, reflecting their true limited ability as a player. The ranking system bears no relevance whatsoever, its almost all luck.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    That being said Mickelson is putting together an immaculate round which i sort of predicted. :rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    brilliant eagle shot by Mickelson on the 13th hole :yes: He could win it...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keyboard-warrior)
    The must frustrating thing about golf is that theres hardly any consistency, almost every major is won some random slob ranked 79 or something, who'll then go on to tank their next couple of tournaments, reflecting their true limited ability as a player. The ranking system bears no relevance whatsoever, its almost all luck.
    Aye it has seems to have been the case for the past couple of years. A dominant player needs to emerge, or Woods needs to get back to his best. Back when Woods was winning here there and everywhere there seemed to be a bit more consistency to the leader boards. I think players could gauge their position when he was leading as when he was winning he was unlikely to drop any shots come closing sunday. I think some of the players with less major winning experience don't know weather to play agressive or lay back if there in the lead.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't see anyone BUT Mickelson winning now. He's got his 'Phil' look about him.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aye he's definitely in the 'zone' today. I'm keeping my eye on Stenson now as a dark horse.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That flop shot O.o
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary Barlow)
    Aye it has seems to have been the case for the past couple of years. A dominant player needs to emerge, or Woods needs to get back to his best. Back when Woods was winning here there and everywhere there seemed to be a bit more consistency to the leader boards. I think players could gauge their position when he was leading as when he was winning he was unlikely to drop any shots come closing sunday. I think some of the players with less major winning experience don't know weather to play agressive or lay back if there in the lead.
    the only reason I even watch golf is because of tiger woods , the game desperately needs him back
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oosthuizen's also looking strong today. How unlucky was he on the 11th hole? That should have been a birdie
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magdaplaysbass)
    Oosthuizen's also looking strong today. How unlucky was he on the 11th hole? That should have been a birdie
    Yeah looking very solid. I don't think he'll crumble after last week as well. But I am disappointed that Tiger's out of it now... Was looking forward to some fireworks tomorrow!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaaderBajwa)
    Yeah looking very solid. I don't think he'll crumble after last week as well. But I am disappointed that Tiger's out of it now... Was looking forward to some fireworks tomorrow!
    same golf is always more exciting when Tiger's on form. After his recent success, I expected better. With him being 3 over, I don't think he'll win; but he could still play some good golf tomorrow...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magdaplaysbass)
    same golf is always more exciting when Tiger's on form. After his recent success, I expected better. With him being 3 over, I don't think he'll win; but he could still play some good golf tomorrow...
    Haha yeah exactly. Oh well. Here's hoping Bubba can do something good

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.