Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much is your car insurance?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20, nearly 21. Passed about 5 months a go.

Drive a Golf 1.4 and costs me £212 a month. :eek:

That's by far the cheapest I can find with Quinn Direct. Other companies were quoting at least double that.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position you're in. :cry2: damn, costs far too much to drive!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    18 cheapest I can get is around £11,000 for Nissan Micra. Don't really bother driving. Life is hard :/ well to get a reasonable quote is hard!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Also the most I've been quoted was with endsleigh which was £23,458.38 and I got kind of excited when I saw the monthly payments of £2000 something thinking that was my annual premium which then gave me a heart attack to find out it was my monthly payments
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    mine is Quinn Direct- £3000 for the year. They were the cheapest I could find also, the car is a - Peugeot 207 1.4 2010
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    20, 21 in June.
    Passed in November.
    Costs me £260PM for a 1.2 Fiat Punto.
    • 110 followers

ReputationRep:
    £92 a month. Co-op Young drivers. Passed test 5 months ago.

I thought mine was expensive. Jeez.

Sucks to be you guys.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0583[1].PNG 
Views:	1102 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	139938 Just to prove I'm not trolling!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My insurance is due for renewal in a few days, when I saw two people on here with Quinn, I quickly tried to run a quote only to find they won't even give me one.

Renewal will be 3k+ didn't come down at all since last year.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    About £700 a year for a Fiesta, surprisingly, not much more for cars significantly more powerful. I imagine it's helped from my postcode more than anything else, although I do have 3 years no-claims.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    1.4 Astra 06 reg. £2200 named driver
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    £92 a month. Co-op Young drivers. Passed test 5 months ago.

I thought mine was expensive. Jeez.

Sucks to be you guys.
    Coop insurance is crap though - they monitor your driving 24/7. They quoted
    me the cheapest but I paid more for Admiral because there terms were reasonable.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drummer)
    1.4 Astra 06 reg. £2200 named driver
    That's because it's a Vauxhall. It's cheaper for me to get insurance on an M5 than some Vauxhalls for some reason.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    £120 a month for me without no claims bonus. I thought mines was dear before seeing this thread!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    That's because it's a Vauxhall. It's cheaper for me to get insurance on an M5 than some Vauxhalls for some reason.
    Really? :O

Can you give specific car models such as which year M5 or which Vauxhall?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Regardless, I was 18 when I got that done last October. An old Clio that's been ragged was quoted £1600 named. Maybe I'll try to punch in the details of an M5 to see what I get.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The post office is good for insurance! I passed my test just over a month ago and to add me onto my mum's insurance was only £180..pretty reasonable I think!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AquaDrops)
    The post office is good for insurance! I passed my test just over a month ago and to add me onto my mum's insurance was only £180..pretty reasonable I think!
    You're lucky lol, they wouldn't give me a quote at all, despite us receiving a letter saying 10% off.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got a quote of about £210 per month with Aviva, theyre the cheapest ive managed to find so far, would suggest trying them; I was advised to by a friend who found them cheap too but another said they were ridiculously expensive, which isnt too bad considering I dont have any no claims or anything and wont have had my licence for a month.
    Thats on a 1.4 Ford Focus too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You guys so expensive?! :O im 18 and mine is £1600 for a 1.4 golf 3rd party f+t and I am on my mums 2.0 turbo diesel merc which is £1800 fully comp for 9 months. This is with admiral

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.