The Student Room Group

How much is your car insurance?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
£740 for the year.
280 a year for both my cars.
Original post by Thomas x
Isn't it suppose to go down if anything?

Not up. :eek: Unless you have a crash of course.

The law is changing and insurers aren't allowed to give women better rates because so their sex, so there just going to bump up their prices to match men of the same age.

So where as at the moment it seems a 17 Year old Woman could get insurance of about £1500 on a car like a saxo and for a guy it would be about £5000. They have to change it so they are the same. And with some cars some girls could be in for a massive price hike.
Reply 63
£1050 for my first year!
Reply 64
Renewed mine today.
Agreed valuation, drive other cars extension, legal protection and a bit of road side cover chucked in & all modifications declared.
£127. and a few pence.

Best quote I got was £115 but that didn't give me the drive other cars clause or earn me NCB so I figured it'd be worth an extra 12 quid?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
I pay £1250 on my Porsche Boxster 987 and I'm 21.
Reply 66
At the moment I'm paying about £950 with the Co-op young person monitoring insurance thing, while being 20 and in a safe postcode, with only passing my test about 6 weeks ago.

It not great knowing you're being monitored the whole time but it's better than paying the £1700+ that I was being quoted before. Hopefully it's a lot cheaper for me next year.
Reply 67
I paid just under £500
Reply 68
It was £1500 in 2009 when I was 18, that was for a 1 years fully comp with Churchill on a Yaris. Sold it now though, occassionally drive a golf 1.6 which is open driver for £400 :smile:
Passed 5 months ago. I got quoted over 3k on a Fiesta but got it down to £900 fully comp on my Corsa.
0 NCB, 18 and got insured 6 months after passing my test and I paid £740 fully comprehensive with me as the main driver. Alloy wheels declared and my car has no security what so ever. My postcode is rated D too, so the price is brilliant really.
(edited 12 years ago)
I pay about £900 at 22 for my RX8, the postcode it's insured at is pretty good though.
Reply 72
I'm just about to renew mine at £720 all in, which is about £30 cheaper than last year. I'm 20, 2 years no claims on a Peugeot 106
Reply 73
Mine was £952 last year when I was 25 and only passed 3 months before insuring, this year it's down to £575.
Reply 74
£414 first car, no no-claims in Manchester Moss-side. I was 22.

Reduced to less than £300 when I moved to bristol then portsmouth.
I'm 19, nearly 20 and I passed my test just over a year ago.
Peugeot 107, 08 reg
About £80 a month with Admiral with my dad and my gran as named drivers.
Reply 76
this june will be my 3rd year of getting car insurance. so 2 years' no claims discount, plus having my mum as a named driver means insurance is going to be around £650 on a 1.4 toyata corolla (w reg). i'm SO happy, considering my first year was £1200 on a very old 1.2 corsa. i'm 20.
£1026 for first year, 1.0 Nissan Micra 2001. Three years on, and Endsleigh insured me this year for £460 for 12 months, same car.
Quoted £12,000

My main transport will continue to be tricycle.
£800 per year for a 1.5 diesel (19yo male) :redface:

The joys of being a named driver. Obviously the downside is that I don't actually own the car and other people drive it more. But still.

Have you all tried adding parents/relatives as named drivers on your policy? Apparently that can drive the cost down a lot.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending