Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Neg rep?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what I keep saying to get negative rep, I've had loads!! :eek:

I may 'talk' a bit proper but I promise I'm actually nice & genuinely want to help people Not sure I actually like seeing who gives them either, it's quite depressing!!

I am genuinely trying to help, I am not even that well spoken verbally; I am actually quite scouse, but I don't know how to write other than the way I do. So, anyway, I'm sorry if I am offending anyone, I'm on here to meet others who are like me & to join in the community. I also know that I can be opinionated at times, but I never force my opinions on people.

Really shocked & very gutted that I am coming across badly, I am totally excited by this forum; I feel relieved that others are experiencing all that I am & I really enjoy & feel inspired by everyone's stories.

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can work on it? I really have no idea
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    +1, welcome to tsr
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't care about it. Reputation on this forum, especially in its current form, is simply silly. You mostly get positive rep from making sarcastic comments, being vaguely funny/witty or just agreeing with the most popular opinion. On the other hand, people like to use negative reputation on people whose opinion they disagree with, no matter how well you argued your point or how politely you got it across.

Judge your effect on this community by the responses of those who you have mature discussions with, not by those how like to randomly click the 'thumbs-down' button
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    On the other hand, it's pretty much a given that anyone with loads of red bars is a complete oxygen thief. The rep doesn't lie.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clip)
    On the other hand, it's pretty much a given that anyone with loads of red bars is a complete oxygen thief. The rep doesn't lie.
    And someone with loads of green bars is saintly???

<3 x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

I'm a member of a few forums but none with negative rep. It's quite disheartening, makes me a little scared to even contribute on here!

Appreciate the input & the positives I shall try not to take it too personally x
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LETSJaM)
    And someone with loads of green bars is saintly???

<3 x
    God-ly, even.

Edit: people don't understand a joke.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Srsly, don't take any note of it :holmes:

I once made a sound argument to do with religion, negs all day
    Then I posted a picture of a child dressed like scooby doo - swimming in green gems

Take it with a pinch of salt
    • 89 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP, I don't really ever recall seeing you on the forums to be able to comment on your particular posts, but you sound kinda like me in that I try to just be a genuine, nice positive person on here but unfortunately it doesn't get recognised by everyone. Some people will be pricks no matter what. But don't worry, just keep doing your thing and your pos reps will build up eventually

I guess a benefit in seeing who reps you, is that you can always revenge negs if you want

(Original post by Y__)
    You shouldn't care about it. Reputation on this forum, especially in its current form, is simply silly. You mostly get positive rep from making sarcastic comments, being vaguely funny/witty or just agreeing with the most popular opinion. On the other hand, people like to use negative reputation on people whose opinion they disagree with, no matter how well you argued your point or how politely you got it across.

Judge your effect on this community by the responses of those who you have mature discussions with, not by those how like to randomly click the 'thumbs-down' button
    This, pretty much sums it up very well :top:. Deserves a pos rep but I've run out unfortunately!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetiepie82)
    Not sure what I keep saying to get negative rep, I've had loads!! :eek:

I may 'talk' a bit proper but I promise I'm actually nice & genuinely want to help people Not sure I actually like seeing who gives them either, it's quite depressing!!

I am genuinely trying to help, I am not even that well spoken verbally; I am actually quite scouse, but I don't know how to write other than the way I do. So, anyway, I'm sorry if I am offending anyone, I'm on here to meet others who are like me & to join in the community. I also know that I can be opinionated at times, but I never force my opinions on people.

Really shocked & very gutted that I am coming across badly, I am totally excited by this forum; I feel relieved that others are experiencing all that I am & I really enjoy & feel inspired by everyone's stories.

Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can work on it? I really have no idea
    Can you see who gives them?

I seem to get random negative reps and often close together, sometimes I wonder if they are from the same person but mostly I assume they meant to click the green button but miss-judged the click.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty much useless, but I do look at the number of reps certain posts have in order to filter out the crappy content in long threads.

I'm sure you're a nice person, but you should just leave that to people in real life to judge. That said though, some of the stuff you see on this site is absolutely hilarious. Embrace it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jami74)

I seem to get random negative reps and often close together, sometimes I wonder if they are from the same person but mostly I assume they meant to click the green button but miss-judged the click.
    You can see if you're subscribed yes I prefer not to see though :lol: I genuinely have no idea why some posts were neg-repped, madness x

(Original post by jamboogy)
    I'm sure you're a nice person, but you should just leave that to people in real life to judge.
    :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I will remember that. Just to be clear; I'm not 'biggin' myself up, I just like to convey that I'm not a demon & people in real life normally do judge me to be a nice person
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    God-ly, even.
    Get out! I can hear the size of your ego from here. :rolleyes:

<3 x
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    God-ly, even.
    :adore:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love how this is posted in the 'Mature Students' forum.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I may 'talk' a bit proper
    *talk properly.

You demonstrably don't. Most people couldn't give a twit about rep, it's quite depressing that you do.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    imo people with 7 rep bars are the most decent people on this site
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I will remember that. Just to be clear; I'm not 'biggin' myself up, I just like to convey that I'm not a demon & people in real life normally do judge me to be a nice person
    Don't feel like you have to restrict what you say. Just say whatever you want, you're entitled to your own opinion. Remember, TSR should be a form of relaxation for you and anyone else, well it is for me.

Bacon. I love bacon. In fact, I had bacon with my eggs and toast this morning.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    They just disagree with you, thats the real world for ya, not everyone agrees.
    Seriously dont get how anyone can be bothered by it, to the point of even moderating their own posts, so what if someone doesnt like what you've written, man up, thats life.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jami74)

+rep for optimism

edit: when i get some back
Updated: April 7, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.