Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stray Cat

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    About three or so days ago a cat wandered up to my house and got in when I went for a fag. I started petting it and showed him affection until I put him outside, but he kept on coming back and getting in sometimes for a few hours, he's currently asleep beside me on my couch.

I dunno who he belongs too, it could be one of my neighbors, but I do think he's a stray as one of his ears is slightly bent and looks like it hurts =/

He's a pure black cat, and looks healthy but I do think he needs sometime to eat, he was meowing in a high pitched tone and has big sad eyes.

Personally, I wanna keep him, but what should I do, phone the RSPCA or something?
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, maybe take him in and feed him while putting up some posters in the nearby area asking if anyone has lost a black cat? And then if you don't hear anything within a week or two, either phone the RSPCA or keep him and take him to a vet.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me 3 years ago, we went to the RSPCA and they vaccinated it for us and let us adopt the cat however it went missing after staying with us for 2 years -.- But make sure it is actually a stray cat because cats are actually not that loyal and when it comes to food they will accept it from anyone.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Keep him! I had 5 cats but ones gone missing I also have a black cat as well
    But before you keep him permanently... Do take him to a vet to see if he's got any illness or disease and to see if he's actually been microchipped... If he is you can bring him back to his owners... If not then I would keep him if I was you... Seems like you two have fate anyways
    Good luck ~
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    Hmm, maybe take him in and feed him while putting up some posters in the nearby area asking if anyone has lost a black cat? And then if you don't hear anything within a week or two, either phone the RSPCA or keep him and take him to a vet.
    I agree with this Keep him if you're fond of him but do advertise him incase he has went missing from another home, they will miss him if hes not a stray
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Put up posters around your area and see if anyone knows anything. Also if you take him to the RSPCA they can scan him to see if hes micro chipped, if he is they will be able to contact the owners. You might not want to get rid if him, but someone really might be missing him.
    If he isn't micro chipped they will probably let you keep him
    You could also try getting a collar and putting a note in it, with your number. Then if he does have owners he's going back to they can let you know.
    Hope this helped
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Me and my sister adopted a stray cat back in the summer, we put up posters in pet shops and noticeboards nearby, but no-one claimed her, so we kept her.

If he does seem unwell or badly injured i would reccommend taking him to a vet, but just to warn you, sometimes if you take them to the rspca, they may not think you have a suitable home, so you may end up not being aloud to keep him.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Take it to the vet to see if it's been microchipped, easiest way to know if it had an owner
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, I called the Scottish version of the RSPCA and they just said that I should ignore it completely and see if it goes back to his owners, after a few days if he is still around then I have to go and get it scanned =/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    :O don't ignore the poor baby..I'd say sod their advice, let it in for food and cuddles whilst also putting up posters and asking neighbours if they know who's it may be

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered animals and pets threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.