The Student Room Group

What are the 5 greatest TV Series' of all time?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
Haven't given this nearly as much thought as I should've really so I've probably overlooked a host of classics and been too heavily influenced by nostalgia but.. off the top of my head..

Drama:

Lost
Bugs
X Files
Sharpe

Comedy:

Spaced
Blackadder
Alan Partridge
The Mighty Boosh
Flight of the Conchords

Oh my god I love all of these!! Especially the mighty boosh, alan partridge and flight of the conchords :smile:
I have to say first of all, only comedies are in for contention, as theyre the only tv series I could easily watch over and over and over and over... and still not get bored. So don't shoot me down if I'm missing out some obvious dramas or whatever :smile:

1. Friends
2. Inbetweeners
3. Blackadder
4. Only Fools and Horses
5. Family Guy

How I Met Your Mother, Gavin and Stacey, Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Two and a Half Men all could easily have made any top five as well but something had to give way right :/
Sherlock
Glee
Doctor who
Merlin
Big bang theory

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
spooks and band of brothers have go to be in there
Original post by iSMark
This is a great series, very much looking forward to the third series, if it continues until the end of the story (of the same standard) then I think it deserves maybe 1. position, but not just yet....?

If it's to the standard of the second half of Season 2, or even Season 1, then it's going to be brilliant. I just hope the writers learnt their lesson from people's opinions of the first half of Season 2. My god, that dragged....
Reply 225
1. Silk
2. Blue Bloods
3. Dexter
4. Person of Interest
5. Family Guy

Quick Reply

Latest