Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey guys, could anyone give me any Help/Tips

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Study Helpers megatr
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm in year 10 currently, and this time next year I will be taking all of my GCSE's. In 7 weeks I have half of my edexcel business GCSE exam.

Well, first off, I have messed around in school for the last 3 years thinking I don't need school. And lately I have come to my senses and realised I need school to help me on my way in life. So I was wondering does anyone know any websites where I can brush up on my education for the last 3 years, preferably English, Chemistry and physics! Or any revision Tips, I am willing to put all my time and effort into this.

Thanks, Dylan
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought of getting some revision books or past papers from your teachers? I do this for my GCSE exams and it works good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qu33n)
    Have you thought of getting some revision books or past papers from your teachers? I do this for my GCSE exams and it works good.
    Thankyou, I shall try that
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylan01)
    Thankyou, I shall try that
    You're Welcome
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's not too late lol
    I only started to work at the end of year 10 and did really well in my GCSEs
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abed1993)
    it's not too late lol
    I only started to work at the end of year 10 and did really well in my GCSEs
    Wow, we'll done!

How did you get back up to scratch with your work?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm in year 10 currently, and this time next year I will be taking all of my GCSE's. In 7 weeks I have half of my edexcel business GCSE exam.
    Is it the multiple choice one (unit 1)?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Is it the multiple choice one (unit 1)?
    I have no idea, all I know is that the business exam in 7 weeks counts as 40% towards my overall exam mark
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea, all I know is that the business exam in 7 weeks counts as 40% towards my overall exam mark
    Oh okay, then you're doing a different one that I did. Sorry to have bothered you.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qu33n)

really helps cuz you would get those questions that are mostly asked, second you get to familiarize yourself with exam conditions hence removing phobia during real ones.
    Try testing yourself with past papers on your own with a stop watch.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bukhatir)
    really helps cuz you would get those questions that are mostly asked, second you get to familiarize yourself with exam conditions hence removing phobia during real ones.
    Try testing yourself with past papers on your own with a stop watch.
    Yep!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Oh okay, then you're doing a different one that I did. Sorry to have bothered you.
    Don't worry, it's fine!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1. Don't worry- just get organised
    2. Look at the specifications to see what you need to know and get informed about the papers you are taking
    3. Get exam (board) specific textbooks preferably those with good reviews (see Amazon or ask friends) as well as revision guides.
    4. Past paper questions are a great way to revise quickly as they allow to see what the examiner wants you to know and how they want you to answer the questions (see mark schemes)
    5. If there is anything you don't understand don't be afraid to see your teachers or ask friends/parents (or people on TSR!- I don't mind (I'm in Year 11 and also revising!) )

Good Luck!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, we'll done!

How did you get back up to scratch with your work?
    To pass GCSEs all you have to do read the texts books and memorise it, honestly..

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 7, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.