Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Atlanta Falcons or Philadelphia Eagles?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to support an NFL team and start following it. I've narrowed my two potential teams to be Atlanta Falcons or Philadelphia Eagles. Which one should I support and why?

The reason I've picked these two are because Atlanta seem to be good but when they reach their first playoff game they always lose, that's happened the past 3 years lol. They do have some really good players too. (Reminds me of West Ham lol).

Philadelphia have a very quick team and some amazing players too. They make the playoff every other year but when they do get in the playoffs they are good.

What do you guys think? Who should I support and why?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What are your views on dogfighting? You might want to rule out the Eagles once you read about Michael Vick.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walterwhite123)
    What are your views on dogfighting? You might want to rule out the Eagles once you read about Michael Vick.
    or, indeed, the Falcons.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with Atlanta. All my Eagles supporting mates are always pissed off at something or the other, with their favourite targets being Andy Reid, the Linebackers, other Eagles fans, Michael Vick, Andy Reid, the play calling, other Eagles fans, Andy Reid and Andy Reid.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Falcons, just because the eagles are in my teams division.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    or, indeed, the Falcons.
    Yes, good point. Although they did at least sack him when he was found guilty, unlike the Eagles who rewarded him when he got out of jail.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Philadelphia!

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Philadelphia!

Why didn't you post the 2011 highlights?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evan7788)
    Why didn't you post the 2011 highlights?
    ...Couldn't find any videos... :flute:

(We can only improve)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should support Atlanta. All the best people do.

or, indeed, the Falcons.
    Because, of course, getting rid of him when found guilty is the same as signing him afterwards.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, good point. Although they did at least sack him when he was found guilty, unlike the Eagles who rewarded him when he got out of jail.
    It's up to the commissioner to reinstate him though. If the Eagles felt he improved their team they're absolutely right to sign him.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    neither . Pittsburgh steelers! Woot! Woot!

Okay fine... i'd say go with the eagles.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    It's up to the commissioner to reinstate him though. If the Eagles felt he improved their team they're absolutely right to sign him.
    How far do you take it though? If he had murdered someone would that be ok?

The dogfighting is not the only dodgy thing from Vick's past.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claret_n_blue)
    I want to support an NFL team and start following it. I've narrowed my two potential teams to be Atlanta Falcons or Philadelphia Eagles. Which one should I support and why?

The reason I've picked these two are because Atlanta seem to be good but when they reach their first playoff game they always lose, that's happened the past 3 years lol. They do have some really good players too. (Reminds me of West Ham lol).

Philadelphia have a very quick team and some amazing players too. They make the playoff every other year but when they do get in the playoffs they are good.

I have watched the NFL for the majority of my life and the only thing I can say is.... NOT THE FALCONS...
    I must say... I am being a bit biased being a Saints supporter myself. The Falcons have recently struggled in the playoffs because of the strength of their division. They've had to play wildcard games and haven't had much opportunity to play in the Gerogia Dome postseason... I would say though that they have a significantly better chance this year with the penalties that the Saints are getting for the bounty scandal...
    With the Eagles, they're definitely a promising team and Vick can be a great QB when he puts his mind to it but for my taste, the Eagles are just a little too rough around the edges... that's just me though...
    Enjoy
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    How far do you take it though? If he had murdered someone would that be ok?

The dogfighting is not the only dodgy thing from Vick's past.
    Not that it would ever possibly happen, but I'm of the opinion that once the guy has paid his debt to society then you sign him if you think he improves your team.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxffm)
    I have watched the NFL for the majority of my life and the only thing I can say is.... NOT THE FALCONS...
    I must say... I am being a bit biased being a Saints supporter myself. The Falcons have recently struggled in the playoffs because of the strength of their division. They've had to play wildcard games and haven't had much opportunity to play in the Gerogia Dome postseason... I would say though that they have a significantly better chance this year with the penalties that the Saints are getting for the bounty scandal...
    With the Eagles, they're definitely a promising team and Vick can be a great QB when he puts his mind to it but for my taste, the Eagles are just a little too rough around the edges... that's just me though...
    Enjoy
    Mind you the Falcons don't have a first this year and they've lost Lofton, and their OL sucks.

I fancy the Panthers to do well.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    Mind you the Falcons don't have a first this year and they've lost Lofton, and their OL sucks.

I fancy the Panthers to do well.
    True that, Lofton has joined the Saints... but then again they're going to lose Vilma... Matt Ryan isn't a great QB in the first place and you're right about their offensive line troubles. Draft wise the Saints also don't have a 1st this year.
    And the Panthers.... I very much doubt it... I don't think Cam Newton is half as good as they say he is... he can run but bar that there are too many other weaknesses on the team.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claret_n_blue)

Actually my main recommendation would be that you want to look at the city's sports scene as a whole. If you start following the one sports club, you're going to be reading the local sports papers and following them on ESPN America, and you're going to be heavily exposed to the other three main sports teams as well, and you will no doubt start to take an interest in all the teams from that city.

This is a good thing. Even if you're an american football guy mainly, all four sports are definitely worth watching and the more teams you support the more year round interest it is.

So its not just Eagles vs Falcons, its Eagles, Phillies, Flyers and 6ers vs Falcons, Braves, Thrashers and Hawks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually my main recommendation would be that you want to look at the city's sports scene as a whole. If you start following the one sports club, you're going to be reading the local sports papers and following them on ESPN America, and you're going to be heavily exposed to the other three main sports teams as well, and you will no doubt start to take an interest in all the teams from that city.

This is a good thing. Even if you're an american football guy mainly, all four sports are definitely worth watching and the more teams you support the more year round interest it is.

So its not just Eagles vs Falcons, its Eagles, Phillies, Flyers and 6ers vs Falcons, Braves, Thrashers and Hawks.
    Thrashers moved to Winnipeg, but I agree with the sentiment. Admittedly I support Atlanta due to my Uncle living near the city but even then I only supported the Falcons for a long time. Hawks have grown on me massively recently and the Braves are my favourite baseball team although I'm far from a baseball fan).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.