The Student Room Group

Can anyone help me out with SF and NHS funding?

Basically I'm a first year on a non-nhs course getting my tuition fee loan for SFNI + grant and maintenance loan.

I know that SF only gives you one degree + an extra year e.g. if you change a course etc.

But if I was to go into second year this year and but dropped out after 2nd year and went to do physiotherapy, what way would my tuition fees work?
Original post by bestofyou
Basically I'm a first year on a non-nhs course getting my tuition fee loan for SFNI + grant and maintenance loan.

I know that SF only gives you one degree + an extra year e.g. if you change a course etc.

But if I was to go into second year this year and but dropped out after 2nd year and went to do physiotherapy, what way would my tuition fees work?

You would still get your full fees paid automatically by the NHS, but you would have to check with SF as to when you would have to pay back your fee loan for the previous 2 years.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You would still get your full fees paid automatically by the NHS, but you would have to check with SF as to when you would have to pay back your fee loan for the previous 2 years.

are the NHS paying th full £9k?
are the NHS paying th full £9k?

Yes, you get all your fees paid, and the grant and bursary from the NHS. You have less entitlement to SF funding though, which makes up the difference.
Reply 4
Yes, you get all your fees paid, and the grant and bursary from the NHS. You have less entitlement to SF funding though, which makes up the difference.

****ing torries, as if the NHS budget wasn't stretched thin enough...

Thanks, as for repaying my loan, I would only have to start repaying that after 15k so that wouldn't really matter?

Would I still be entitled to a grant, bursary, maintenance loan?
****ing torries, as if the NHS budget wasn't stretched thin enough...

Thanks, as for repaying my loan, I would only have to start repaying that after 15k so that wouldn't really matter?

Would I still be entitled to a grant, bursary, maintenance loan?

You would still get the NHS grant and bursary, but you would only get the SF maintenance loan in your last 2 years, due to having 2 years of funding already.
Reply 6
You would still get the NHS grant and bursary, but you would only get the SF maintenance loan in your last 2 years, due to having 2 years of funding already.

no biggy, it would only be a three year course anyway. I'd just try for a job in 1st year. I'll ring SF to double check with them.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending