The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography Unit 1 and 2 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

hi,
I got 104 in unit 1 which is a B and 54 in unit 2 which is an A, so have a total of 158ums marks, with an A being 160 ums, therefore do you think i should get my geog 1 paper remarked and what are my chances of getting an extra 2ums marks?
thanks
Reply 901
Original post by MrAlex95
Yeah most likely if the remark doesnt give me the result i want. Ive heard weather and climate is quite difficult for A2 :/
Do you think i have a good chance of the remark going in my favour?

i think it will, whenever i've remarked something it's gone up, not down! and the thing is, the markers tend to miss out points if they're in a rush because they have a deadline to mark all papers, so it's worth remarking it! otherwise, why not call a copy of your paper back, get your teacher to mark it, see what you get, and if he/she thinks you deserve a better grade, get it remarked then!
Reply 902
I had retaken geog unit 2 and got even lower than In January! Ah well ended up with a B overall anyway :biggrin: Ergh this subject gives me so stress! Can't wait to drop it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 903
Original post by V95
i think it will, whenever i've remarked something it's gone up, not down! and the thing is, the markers tend to miss out points if they're in a rush because they have a deadline to mark all papers, so it's worth remarking it! otherwise, why not call a copy of your paper back, get your teacher to mark it, see what you get, and if he/she thinks you deserve a better grade, get it remarked then!

Allright thanks for that is there a cut of point for when i can ask for a remark or can i just ask for one when i go back to school in September?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 904
Original post by MrAlex95
Allright thanks for that is there a cut of point for when i can ask for a remark or can i just ask for one when i go back to school in September?

there is a cut off point, but that's a while after you start school again, so just ask as soon as you get back!
Hi everyone, I'm a bit confused with the results showing my UMS marks and not the marks I got on the actual two exams. Does anyone know how to work out what marks in the exam I got from my UMS? I'm just really curious to exactly what mark I got. In Unit 1 I got 106 UMS and in Unit 2 I got 45 UMS.
Original post by josephg123
Hi everyone, I'm a bit confused with the results showing my UMS marks and not the marks I got on the actual two exams. Does anyone know how to work out what marks in the exam I got from my UMS? I'm just really curious to exactly what mark I got. In Unit 1 I got 106 UMS and in Unit 2 I got 45 UMS.

According to this http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/index.php
unit 1 - 106 UMS is 69/120 marks
unit 2 - 45 UMS is 30/50 marks

Hope that helps:smile:
Original post by lonelyknight

Thanks man, that's helped a lot! :smile:
Original post by Ellie_May :)
I got an A! :smile: Got full marks on unit 1 (140) and 47 on unit 2!

you may not have got full marks, you just hit the cap for unit 1.

Unit 1 is 140 UMS and you needed to get 86 or more
Unit 2 is 60 UMS and you needed to get 40 or more

I have only read your post, as it showed up when I was searching for something else.
Original post by lonelyknight

that is a very good resource, and will help you next year in working out exact marks for things.
Original post by Crucial
no you don't need to know them

yes you do, it could very well come up. you need to know case studies for all that you study.
For remarks/appeals there's no point,

I walked in to AQA this morning to get all the stuff for Unit 2 and Unit 4A/4B and so far marks aren't changing and if they are it is by a mark or 2.
Reply 912
hey guys i got - 122/140 (unit 1) and 48/60 (unit 2), so overall i'm on 170/200 - should i retake any of them? i was thinking of retaking unit 2, thanks in advance for any help!
Original post by V95
hey guys i got - 122/140 (unit 1) and 48/60 (unit 2), so overall i'm on 170/200 - should i retake any of them? i was thinking of retaking unit 2, thanks in advance for any help!

read what I put in the other thread, will hopefully help. I'm tempted to say Unit 1 as it will be easier to get more marks, but then think unit 2 would be easier as you'd be doing unit 4A or 4B.
Reply 914
Original post by clareramos
read what I put in the other thread, will hopefully help. I'm tempted to say Unit 1 as it will be easier to get more marks, but then think unit 2 would be easier as you'd be doing unit 4A or 4B.

oh yeah just read that, thanks! yeah i didn't really want to retake unit 1 as there's a lot to remember and i want to focus on my a2's so i think i'll just go for unit 2, thanks a lot!
Unit 1 110/140 b
Unit 2 42/60 b

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Unit 1 126/140
Unit 2 41/60

Not bad at 16 :wink:
Unit 1 110/140
Unit 2 54/60
Overall A but probably dropping geography although not sure because I did hardly any work for unit 2 and managed to get 110 :confused:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 918
Has anyone got the aqa a level geography markscheme for May 2012
This may help for case studies... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/252380941352?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending