Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
does anyone know likely grade boundaries
are they really low?
cause i looked at some and its like 70/120 for an A
will it be the same this year/ or around 70-75
:smile:
Depends on how people do.
But I doubt it'll be anything much higher than 75, probably lower in fact.
Reply 82
Anyone got any notes on Energy Issues -TransNational Corporations they can share? :smile:
Original post by Cathy190
Hey! I'm also doing rivers, population and health. Population is a good topic the only thing that I dislike is the inner city areas etc. They aren't always that generous with the marking. It depends on the difficulty level of the paper and how well people across the country do as a whole. For example if a large amount of people who are predicted an A get around 75/120 they will place the boundary there and so on and so forth.
Oh and river rejuvenation is actually simpler than you think. It's simply defined as "an increase in the energy of a river caused by either a fall in its base level or an uplift of the land". This just means that basically the river wants to produce a perfect concave shape and in order to complete this cuts down into the ground so it can produce the curve shape. However, when sea levels drop or land rises the river either has to cut down deeper to achieve the curve or to stop cutting down. Rejuvenation cannot be fully produced by a river due to the constant changing of the land and sea levels. You also need to know some information about the formation of knick points (mini waterfalls), waterfalls, river terraces (remnant of a former floodplain) and incised meanders (deepend meanders). Hope this has been helpful. (:

oh yeah!!!! i hate stupid byker ward jesmond ward blah blah!! oh thanks so much for making rejuvination appear so much simpler :redface: thats not too bad, actually thanks!!! any advice on those horrible long profile/crossprofile questions? I get so confused with drawing cross sections :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by sarah-xx
Geog 1 is the hardest exam ever. 3rd time doing it. Need a B! Populations is the worst one! Any one have a prediction on what question they could ask us for the 15 mark essay? x

Is it really that hard? My teacher is probably the worst teacher ever so I am already at a disadvantage but the info doesn't seem too bad, but I guess the exam is pretty hard in the way that they ask questions and mark it right?
For real? I heard that like 45% of students got As or A*s in geography! That's half the reason I chose it!
Reply 86
Original post by nehaxx
does anyone know likely grade boundaries
are they really low?
cause i looked at some and its like 70/120 for an A
will it be the same this year/ or around 70-75
:smile:

I got 84/120 which is a B, thus i guess 95-120 is an A.
i hope that helps :smile:
Reply 87
Any predictions as to what might come up? This is my retake from AS and desperately need to do well for uni. Need a minimum of a C overall in Geog but want better!
Reply 88
Who else is "****ting it"
Original post by stonge20

oh yup! :frown:
Original post by arb123
Any predictions as to what might come up? This is my retake from AS and desperately need to do well for uni. Need a minimum of a C overall in Geog but want better!

A prediction is a prediction, your guess is as good as mine..

Probably safe to assume that everything is going to and cram like ****. (what i'm doing)
Reply 91
Original post by K_12
I got 84/120 which is a B, thus i guess 95-120 is an A.
i hope that helps :smile:

95!!!! omg when was this? was this for unit one???
Reply 92
has anyone got any exams tips?
WOAH! I've had a look at AQA's UMS converter for this course and the A grade has never been above 75! To get 100 UMS you need mid-80s...definitely not 90s for an A grade...unless the AQA UMS converter is...lying?
Reply 94
Original post by stonge20

fuark i am, i know absolutely nothing
Reply 95
Any 15 Marker predictions?
Reply 96
Original post by knowledgecorruptz
WOAH! I've had a look at AQA's UMS converter for this course and the A grade has never been above 75! To get 100 UMS you need mid-80s...definitely not 90s for an A grade...unless the AQA UMS converter is...lying?

Thats what really irritates me, all of my friends think that geography is really easy because some years it is almost half marks for an A, but it is deceptively hard to get an A, as they mark it quite harshly and the questions can be vague.
Reply 97
Original post by blade63
Any 15 Marker predictions?

I think maybe something on Antarctica may come up, if you're doing cold environments?
Reply 98
Original post by funkscam
I think maybe something on Antarctica may come up, if you're doing cold environments?

Nope coasts, we were tryna guess today but didn't have a clue :L
Original post by Brainiac
Thats what really irritates me, all of my friends think that geography is really easy because some years it is almost half marks for an A, but it is deceptively hard to get an A, as they mark it quite harshly and the questions can be vague.

That's so true. I get the same problem, no one takes it seriously at my school...but tbf, it's not a hard subject...there's a lot to learn, but I really wouldn't call it a hard subject - definitely not a doss. Kinda wish I'd chosen something like English Lit. instead now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending