The Student Room Group

Chemistry OCR AS F321 Atoms, Bonds and Groups May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scorpio22
haha me too:biggrin:
I have spent 2 weeks just on chemistry..I know my content i just need to remember them too.I forget all the time.I'm getting 75%

Since i have started revising f322 ,f321 has become so much easier.but the is so much more improve on f322 lool.

Ahaha, same! I spent most of these last 2 weeks on Chemistry. Hopefully it pays off in the exam :biggrin: I haven't even looked at Maths yet *panics* I just did my first past paper and only just managed 42 marks...damn redox reactions! :tongue: 75% is good! That equates to 45 marks, which is really close to an A :smile: Hopefully the next 4 weeks will make the differenvce between a B and an A.

F322 is a nightmare! :redface:
Reply 61
You have good answers,have you learnt this or your looking at notes?

No I have learnt this ! How are u finding? Do u think this paper will be easier than jan 2012?
Original post by otrivine
No I have learnt this ! How are u finding? Do u think this paper will be easier than jan 2012?

Wow that's really good,Im going to try and remember exact answers too lol...
I think because it's a re-sit they are going to make it slightly harder however we know most of our content so we should be able to pass lool. :smile:
Original post by PrincessMedic

F322 is a nightmare! :redface:

40/60 is pretty good for a first time by the way.

I hope a get an A in both exams. 9/12 people on the front row that i sit got an A.
It kind of encourages me too get one too as I do not want to be the failure of the bunch lol.

My biology teacher is gonna hate me.I know nothing!but hopefully it will just comes to me in my last minute intense revision lool.I have exactly 1 month from today.
Reply 64
Wow that's really good,Im going to try and remember exact answers too lol...
I think because it's a re-sit they are going to make it slightly harder however we know most of our content so we should be able to pass lool. :smile:

what did u get fro the jan 2012 paper?
what did u get fro the jan 2012 paper?

An embarrassing grade...30/60 = D grade
now that i have revised and practised the questions i feel really stupid for not passing.
what did you get?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 66
An embarrassing grade...30/60 = D grade
now that i have revised and practised the questions i feel really stupid for not passing.
what did you get?

i got B 65/90 ums only because of silly mistakes ugggggg:angry: do the june boundaries tend to have a higher grade boundary
i got B 65/90 ums only because of silly mistakes ugggggg:angry: do the june boundaries tend to have a higher grade boundary

the are slightly higher..thats a good grade though...i only got 50 ums :sigh:
I really need to get my game together.
-We have still not finished the topics yet..we have 2 more big booklets..such a fail:mad:
Reply 68
the are slightly higher..thats a good grade though...i only got 50 ums :sigh:
I really need to get my game together.
-We have still not finished the topics yet..we have 2 more big booklets..such a fail:mad:

I want to retake cause i am so much capable of doing better!! 50ums is not bad as well if u think about it cause it will get combined with the practicals and unit 2 are u doing unit 2 as well?? what did u get on your practicals?
I want to retake cause i am so much capable of doing better!! 50ums is not bad as well if u think about it cause it will get combined with the practicals and unit 2 are u doing unit 2 as well?? what did u get on your practicals?

Ev :13/15
Quant: re-take ....i totally messed up...
1) I dropped my stirring rod dropped into my clonical flask
2) I forget to remove my filter when reading the burette.
Im going to do it again next week and improve.
My teacher said if i pass this practical resit, pass my f211 f322 i still have a chance at getting High B/A

..My family have gone away on holiday and im at home alone because I wanted to revise..How sad.My study leave starts a day after I finish all 8 of my exams.
Reply 70
Ev :13/15
Quant: re-take ....i totally messed up...
1) I dropped my stirring rod dropped into my clonical flask
2) I forget to remove my filter when reading the burette.
Im going to do it again next week and improve.
My teacher said if i pass this practical resit, pass my f211 f322 i still have a chance at getting High B/A

..My family have gone away on holiday and im at home alone because I wanted to revise..How sad.My study leave starts a day after I finish all 8 of my exams.

oh bless sorry about that u should have gone on holiday ! It is good you could have taken like fresh air new place to get more energy for revision. I came back from my holiday 3 days ago but I was studying there everyday so not really holiday but new fresh air! Are u doing the unit 2 as well and A2 in summer ?
oh bless sorry about that u should have gone on holiday ! It is good you could have taken like fresh air new place to get more energy for revision. I came back from my holiday 3 days ago but I was studying there everyday so not really holiday but new fresh air! Are u doing the unit 2 as well and A2 in summer ?

where did you go on holiday?
is unit 2 f322..?Yes i am doing that exam too.Im in As level currently but I hope to pass to carry it on next year.
40/60 is pretty good for a first time by the way.

I hope a get an A in both exams. 9/12 people on the front row that i sit got an A.
It kind of encourages me too get one too as I do not want to be the failure of the bunch lol.

My biology teacher is gonna hate me.I know nothing!but hopefully it will just comes to me in my last minute intense revision lool.I have exactly 1 month from today.

Aha thanks :biggrin: I really want an A in both too, but I know literally nothing for F322 :eek: Wow, that's a a lot of people with A's! We haven't sat the paper yet, but people didn't do too well in the mocks :redface: Ah, same with me for Biology...oh my gosh, the Cells, Exchange and Transport exam is in exactl a month! I don't like the plants section, just doesn't make sense! :confused: And we just started Bilogical molecules and the exam is in 5 weeks :eek:
*NEXT QUESTION:* At room temperature, Chlorine is a gas and Iodine is a solid. When heated together, Chlorine reacts with Iodine to form Iodine monochloride, ICl.
ICl has a higer boiling point than Cl2. Explain, in terms of intermolecular forces present, why ICl has a higher boiling point than Cl2. (2 marks.)
Reply 74
where did you go on holiday?
is unit 2 f322..?Yes i am doing that exam too.Im in As level currently but I hope to pass to carry it on next year.

thats good shall we test each other opn F322 And F321? i Went to Iran and from there went to Abu Dhabi. when i was in ABu Dhabi i saw many people with the OCR chemistry AS book revising next to the beach lool
Reply 75
Original post by PrincessMedic
*NEXT QUESTION:* At room temperature, Chlorine is a gas and Iodine is a solid. When heated together, Chlorine reacts with Iodine to form Iodine monochloride, ICl.
ICl has a higer boiling point than Cl2. Explain, in terms of intermolecular forces present, why ICl has a higher boiling point than Cl2. (2 marks.)

this was the jan 2012 question ICl has stronger an der waals foprces due to more number of electrons and more energy needed to break bonds
Yes I am re-doing this one and hoping to score a high A after a disasterous C in January.

Anticipating a hard paper really stretching to the edge of the syllabus with a lot of odd applications just like the Jan!

I do really like the spec for this module though, very fundamental :-)
[QUOTE=otrivine

I'm so jealous,my highlight of holiday was only getting taken shopping to meadow hall shopping centre since i have been ''revising and good'' lol.:angelwings:

Q: methylpropan1-ol and butan-1-ol are structual isomers, explain why methylpropan-1-ol has a lower boiling point (2mrks)
(edited 12 years ago)
this was the jan 2012 question ICl has stronger an der waals foprces due to more number of electrons and more energy needed to break bonds

ICL has dipole-dipole forces though which have a higher relative strength than van der vaals forces, so that'd be the main reason wouldn't it?
cl-cl is symmetrical as the dipoles cancel out therefore its polar therefore with weak van der waals forces
ICl has a non symmetrical molecule as the dipoles do not cancel out as cl is more electronegative than I causing a non polar molecule with dipole dipole forces which require more energy to overcome
...im not sure if that is right:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending