The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexok
Another question ;what are the 3 stages of selective breeding?

Just some random questions of what i think could appear in this exam:smile:

- isolation
- atifical breeding
- mating
Original post by Dave23
I always used to hate biodiversity and all that stuff but since I've revised it again I think that it's OK. Probably prefer it to that immunity B/T lymphocytes stuff. Lot of confusing words in that. :confused:

yes this time i revised biodiversity hard not to make mistakes again
Reply 322
one huge huge tip!...DO THE PAST PAPERS..you'll find that all the questions are so so similar..!!
Original post by Raj K
one huge huge tip!...DO THE PAST PAPERS..you'll find that all the questions are so so similar..!!
hi raj from which year to year/
Reply 324
Original post by otrivine
- isolation
- atifical breeding
- mating

artificial breeding?
Original post by fayled
artificial breeding?

sorry meant artifial selection
Reply 326
hi raj from which year to year/

hey do all the recent ones on the ocr website. do them again AND AGAIN AND AGAIN until you get 90% or more..and make sure you understand it and anything you get wrong..go back to your notes and figure out what you should have put..i can guarantee you can get an A this way..i must say i hated this exam SO MUCH.
Reply 327
Quick question do cytokines act a chemicals for cell signalling, do they bind to plasma receptor or what?!
Not quite sure revision isn't going well haha!
Original post by dwydwy
Quick question do cytokines act a chemicals for cell signalling, do they bind to plasma receptor or what?!
Not quite sure revision isn't going well haha!

He's I'm quite sure they act like any other hormone :smile: remember they are released from t helper cells :smile:
Reply 329
Isn't cytokines like the big category for chemical messengers by several different cells? for example, macrophages releasing monokines to attracted the neutrophils; and T,B and macrphages release interleukins which stimulate the mitotic division and cell differentiation? And since they are chemical signals, they are binded with target cells and I'm guessing same thing happens like the cell recognition - complementary shape, degree of specificity blahblah
Original post by chiny94
Isn't cytokines like the big category for chemical messengers by several different cells? for example, macrophages releasing monokines to attracted the neutrophils; and T,B and macrphages release interleukins which stimulate the mitotic division and cell differentiation? And since they are chemical signals, they are binded with target cells and I'm guessing same thing happens like the cell recognition - complementary shape, degree of specificity blahblah

For f212 all we are interested in is t helper cells cytokines to activate division of b cells :smile:
Reply 331
Original post by Salmonidae
For f212 all we are interested in is t helper cells cytokines to activate division of b cells :smile:

Cool! But just making sure since in F211 there were so many application questions and suggest questions! So F212 might be of that same difficulty so i'm trying to soak in all the information! So not working though haha... Ah better revise stats though actually since I have stats exam on Friday eekkkk!

But yeah, I need to do so well on this to get an A since my coursework is on B as it is and I think I have underperformed on F211! Ready for it all then? :biggrin:
i did it in Jan 2012 and got a depressing C :frown: cause i lost so many marks in biodiversity part i hate you parrots lool

What did you get in your F211 Unit 1 exam? (I remember seeing your posts in the revision thread in jan)
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
What did you get in your F211 Unit 1 exam? (I remember seeing your posts in the revision thread in jan)

hi i did well got a High B and for my coursework practical got 40/40 marks i only need 112ums in unit 2 for an A?
Reply 334
Original post by Harriet : )
A dream!? More like nightmare haha! Much prefer one on DNA replication or lymphocytes :rolleyes:

Hoping this paper is nicer than the January one:colone::colone:

heyaaa... can anyone teach me about B and T lymphocyte??
i havev been figuring out the whole night but still dont get it

thanks
Reply 335
Original post by Raj K

once they are asking another way...i dont really know how to answer :frown:
Reply 336
Original post by chiny94
Cool! But just making sure since in F211 there were so many application questions and suggest questions! So F212 might be of that same difficulty so i'm trying to soak in all the information! So not working though haha... Ah better revise stats though actually since I have stats exam on Friday eekkkk!

But yeah, I need to do so well on this to get an A since my coursework is on B as it is and I think I have underperformed on F211! Ready for it all then? :biggrin:

Thanks guys:smile:
How do you feel about the stats tomorrow? And are we allowed to all about the c1 yesterday?
Reply 337
guys help me !!!!!!!!!
plzzzzzzz
can anyone i mean .... anyone plzzzzz
go through the selective breeding /natural selection part for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plzz i do not understand a single thing
everytime i went through a questions in the pat paper i end getting 1 or even 0 ot the total marks
plzzz help me out guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by fionywy
heyaaa... can anyone teach me about B and T lymphocyte??
i havev been figuring out the whole night but still dont get it

thanks

I've pm'd you explaining it :smile:
Reply 339
Original post by fionywy
once they are asking another way...i dont really know how to answer :frown:

i feel the same way about A2 bio i know what you mean..but maybe they're not too too similar but you just have to understand everything and apply it to the question given..(also read the question properly) first time i did this i got a U..second time i got a high A..i just made sure i understood everything and then did past papers and those questions which i got seriously stuck on i read the book ..good luck though (: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending