The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincessMedic
Ahaha, don't worry...that plan failed too :biggrin: :colondollar:

Hahaha :P

I think we should try to come up with exam style questions of our own.

How did everyone find the practicals for Biology?

Sounds like a good idea - I've seen people do this on previous exam threads :biggrin:

Fine - harder than the chemistry ones though!
Ahaha, don't worry...that plan failed too :biggrin: :colondollar:

You've motivated me; I did that last night :redface:

Easter is such a caffeine hit :blush:
Original post by Natalie21
Hahaha :P

Sounds like a good idea - I've seen people do this on previous exam threads :biggrin:

Fine - harder than the chemistry ones though!

Yeah, me too! That's where I got the idea from ahaha! :P I liked the Biology practicals, but hated the Chemistry ones :redface:

Original post by Lily Academia
You've motivated me; I did that last night :redface:

Easter is such a caffeine hit :blush:

Yay, it's nice to know I motivated someone else to do :tongue:
I know, right?! It should be Easter eggs, but for us it's caffeine :biggrin: How is revision going for you? :smile:
Yeah, me too! That's where I got the idea from ahaha! :P I liked the Biology practicals, but hated the Chemistry ones :redface:

Yay, it's nice to know I motivated someone else to do :tongue:
I know, right?! It should be Easter eggs, but for us it's caffeine :biggrin: How is revision going for you? :smile:

Ah, my inference was actually the combination of coffee + chocolate :coffee:

Revision is arduous and slow, but I'm getting there. I really cannot stand all the CITES/Biodiversity stuff - I DO NOT WANT TO BE AN ECOLOGIST!
Reply 24
I am dreading the exam :frown: apparently it will be loooooooooooooong. Agh my teacher still hasn't done any of the biodiversity stuff.. :/ hmm.
Reply 25
Howdiiee Dudes!

does any one have f212 2012 paper in Jan?
Reply 26
Original post by Ali Shamsah
I would like to ask a question which would benefit all, if answered that is :tongue:
What exactly is the likely topics, looking at the past exams and the trend they follow, that will show up heavily on this paper? After all, The Jan 2012 Unit 1 paper was heavy on membranes and the first module of Unit 1.

Also, what will be the best course of action to revise the topics? I tend to read the book, make notes in my own words (but use the key terminology) and then read the same topic form a book I was advised to read up with, "Collins Advanced Science Biology 3rd edition, (by Mike Boyle & Kath Senior)" then past papers for exam techniques. However, I don't think this is enough if they decide to experiment with their questions like they did this January, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much and Good luck to you all, I know you can all do it :biggrin: :biggrin:

I personally think you should revise the Classification topic the most, I also think they'll focus on using microorganisms in food, smoking, DNA replication, protein synthesis, familial hypercholesterolaemia, epidemiology for smoking, water properties and maybe properties of carbohydrates and colorimetry.
Hi F212 people!
At school we got given a revision disc with loads of past questions (from the previous specification) that are relevant to this course.

I've uploaded them to Google Docs, and they should be viewable from the below link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By84nmCmJZnWMU5EN2RDcmtBU2s

This includes questions for F211, F212, F214 and F215

Please +ve rep if this has been helpful!
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
Hi F212 people!
At school we got given a revision disc with loads of past questions (from the previous specification) that are relevant to this course.

I've uploaded them to Google Docs, and they should be viewable from the below link:

Brilliant; I'll have a go at these. Thank you for sharing!

:jumphug:
Reply 29
Hi F212 people!

amazing! thankyou
Reply 30
this is really helpful guys, sums up everything in simple and in better detail than the OCR text book!

positive rep pleaseeeeeee!

http://asbiology101.wordpress.com/downloads/

Its a good idea :biggrin:

Other way round for me :P

Hi F212 people!

Don't suppose you have the answers? :biggrin:
the answers are with them i believe. and beanstalkgirl, thank you so very much for that! my schools stopped giving us a past paper booklet like we were given for f211:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by MadeForChemistry
the answers are with them i believe. and beanstalkgirl, thank you so very much for that! my schools stopped giving us a past paper booklet like we were given for f211:biggrin::biggrin:

Not for the questions from the old spec
Not for the questions from the old spec

Its a good idea :biggrin:

Other way round for me :P

Don't suppose you have the answers? :biggrin:

Ignore me just seen the answers!!! Thank you :biggrin: :biggrin:
you're welcome:smile: hey, are the questions from both the new and old spec?
Original post by MadeForChemistry
you're welcome:smile: hey, are the questions from both the new and old spec?

The majority of the questions are from the old spec, however there are a few (file names start with 'Mod...') that come from the new spec. These questions were specifically scanned in by my teachers because they were the relevant questions to the current course.

Oh, and for whoever was asking about answers, scroll to the bottom of each question and they should be there. If not, it will usually say 'question only' in the file name.
Reply 37
I did this exam last year, here is something that may help...
http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/biological_molecules_spec_notes

If you dont have a Get Revising account, i REALLY REALLY recommend getting one, it is SO helpful!! :smile:
Hope the exam goes okay!
Anyone else feeling proper exam fear yet? I've never had it so early :K: Not looking forward to this exam or chem2, so much more difficult than the first modules!
Reply 39
Original post by ammzz
I did this exam last year, here is something that may help...
http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/biological_molecules_spec_notes

If you dont have a Get Revising account, i REALLY REALLY recommend getting one, it is SO helpful!! :smile:
Hope the exam goes okay!

thanks for the notes! i haven't been on getrevising in a while hehe thanks for the reminder!

Quick Reply

Latest