The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4560
what the hells going on with this flexible enzyme?
Original post by CosmicVengeance
What did people write on the two types of variation question? I wrote allopatric/sympatric,speciation,intraspecific/interspecific ?
Think i lost all marks there

I did continuous and discontinuous, eg the frequency of the echo thing would be continuous as all values lie within a range, and discontinuous would be something like colour of fur. Then you had to explain that continuous can be affected by genetics or environment (like they'll weigh more if they have a better diet) but discontinuous like colour of fur is only down to genes.
Original post by Salmonidae
I understood how smoking causes a cough, but did anyone get why the long term cough is bad for you?

i think it was to do with the gradual bursting of the alveoli due to the rough cough and then that it leads to emphysema and you get breathless tired etcccc but im not sure tbh
Reply 4563
I understood how smoking causes a cough, but did anyone get why the long term cough is bad for you?

i said that it causes alveoli to eventually burst, from lack of useful elastic fibres
Reply 4564
Original post by Student-Andrew
The question about the 'many nuclei threaded' was fungi, just checked now

indeed it says in the book that they are multi nucleated
Reply 4565
Original post by suncake
I am also team L, after crossing out K with about 10 seconds to spare :tongue:

which one was L?? xD
Original post by Corryms
i put protoctist.
didn't have a clue.

To be fair, I learn the entire exam content in one weekend.

I put protoctist too! I made it up, because I had spent too much time on that question. Me too, I only revised using the weekend!
Reply 4567
Original post by AS01

what question was that?

I had no idea what that was, I've never seen anything about how the cough itself can damage the lungs
I just guessed that it can rupture like the alveoli/bronchi?
fuaaark
Original post by benex381
you're not going to get anywhere with that, i found it easy so its just about what you learnt and what you chose to ignore

You have a point, but try to be a bit nicer about it please? You can see that the majority of people in this thread found this test difficult, so insisting that it was really easy and everyone didn't try hard enough is a bit unfair and demoralising.
the genus name for the bird or watever was peristelles right ?
Reply 4571
Original post by otrivine
i spent 5 min thinking about that
for why the student thought that i said cause other factors like temp , concentration e.t.c could affect it?

what do you mean about why little reducing sugar was present?
what did you keep for how can we know after long time if they are same species or different one?
Original post by AS01

My book doesn't say that anywhere :'(
Reply 4573
Original post by niaghez
why are enzymes flexible?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe it's to do with disulfide bonds in tertiary structure.
Original post by Iloveeverything
I put artificial insemination.

ah sweet then
How did you find the other questions?
Original post by loser_like_me
the genus name for the bird or watever was peristelles right ?

yup
Reply 4576
My book doesn't say that anywhere :'(

oh:colondollar: It was there in mine :smile:
Original post by AS01
what do you mean about why little reducing sugar was present?
what did you keep for how can we know after long time if they are same species or different one?

the question you remember about the student if said something?
i said fossil like date fossil compare dna sequencing , fossil changes over time'?
Original post by suncake
You have a point, but try to be a bit nicer about it please? You can see that the majority of people in this thread found this test difficult, so insisting that it was really easy and everyone didn't try hard enough is a bit unfair and demoralising.

How you found the exam does not correlate with what result you get.
So it means nothing when people say they found it easy.
Reply 4579
btw you ahd to underline and put capital P on the Peristelles.

Darn their dirty game

Quick Reply

Latest