Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi felloe candidates who will be doing this module in 21 May 2012. Didn't see a thread on this so decided to become useful and made one! crack on guys. share knowledge, ask questions discuss techniques.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heya I think most people were discussing this exam in the Jan thread but having a nice new thread does no harm :P
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I heard from someone that jan biology exam was so hard concentrating on the unnecessary details, and apparently they changed the exam to be more focusing on the application rather than information...do you think this is true? And if so, do you think may exam will be like jan ones as well? Really worried now
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i think for jan exams they usually use them to fiddle around a little to see how different techniques come across.
    ( according to my teacher)
    I really hope they do not do the same thing for may.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggy88)
    i think for jan exams they usually use them to fiddle around a little to see how different techniques come across.
    ( according to my teacher)
    I really hope they do not do the same thing for may.
    let's hope so
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be on all of the OCR Science threads aha :P How is everyone finding this topic? I like the Food and Health side of it, just a lot to memorise. Our class only just started Biological Molecules
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got 133/150 in Jan, good luck guys!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hi guys! how did everyone do in f211? and hows everyone finding f212?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Hate this exam. 3rd time lucky!!! hows everyone finding it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narli)
    hi guys! how did everyone do in f211? and hows everyone finding f212?
    I did well in my f211 (85/90). I like the majority of this module, learning about biological molecules, health and diet etc. I just hate learning classification and biodiversity :/
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessMedic)
    I'll be on all of the OCR Science threads aha :P How is everyone finding this topic? I like the Food and Health side of it, just a lot to memorise. Our class only just started Biological Molecules
    Woah that's late :/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie21)
    Woah that's late :/
    I know, right? I don't think we're going to finish in time, so I might just start teach myself
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know, right? I don't think we're going to finish in time, so I might just start teach myself
    Sounds like a good idea
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good idea
    Aha I never stick to revision plans, this week failed in terms of revision :P How's it going for you?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aha I never stick to revision plans, this week failed in terms of revision :P How's it going for you?
    Same my revision timetable absolutely flopped - I made most of my revision flashcards throughout the year though so I'm not too worried
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same my revision timetable absolutely flopped - I made most of my revision flashcards throughout the year though so I'm not too worried
    Wow, I seriously wish I did that now! I made my revision flashcards in the last week and I'm still not finished :O I'm planning an all nighter to finish unit 1's for all subjects and then start unit 2 tomorrow...need lot's of coffee...
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I seriously wish I did that now! I made my revision flashcards in the last week and I'm still not finished :O I'm planning an all nighter to finish unit 1's for all subjects and then start unit 2 tomorrow...need lot's of coffee...
    Woah how will you concentrate tomorrow!! Surely there is no rush to finish your unit 1 flashcards all tonight - you have all week plus 3/4 weeks back at school??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like to ask a question which would benefit all, if answered that is
    What exactly is the likely topics, looking at the past exams and the trend they follow, that will show up heavily on this paper? After all, The Jan 2012 Unit 1 paper was heavy on membranes and the first module of Unit 1.

Also, what will be the best course of action to revise the topics? I tend to read the book, make notes in my own words (but use the key terminology) and then read the same topic form a book I was advised to read up with, "Collins Advanced Science Biology 3rd edition, (by Mike Boyle & Kath Senior)" then past papers for exam techniques. However, I don't think this is enough if they decide to experiment with their questions like they did this January, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much and Good luck to you all, I know you can all do it
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Woah how will you concentrate tomorrow!! Surely there is no rush to finish your unit 1 flashcards all tonight - you have all week plus 3/4 weeks back at school??
    Ahaha, don't worry...that plan failed too
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali Shamsah)
    I would like to ask a question which would benefit all, if answered that is
    What exactly is the likely topics, looking at the past exams and the trend they follow, that will show up heavily on this paper? After all, The Jan 2012 Unit 1 paper was heavy on membranes and the first module of Unit 1.

Also, what will be the best course of action to revise the topics? I tend to read the book, make notes in my own words (but use the key terminology) and then read the same topic form a book I was advised to read up with, "Collins Advanced Science Biology 3rd edition, (by Mike Boyle & Kath Senior)" then past papers for exam techniques. However, I don't think this is enough if they decide to experiment with their questions like they did this January, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much and Good luck to you all, I know you can all do it
    I wanted to know this too
    What I do for revision is make notes and flashcards using the big textbooks and then read up on everything with my CGP revision guide. I haven't started any exam questions yet But I will sometime this week I think we should try to come up with exam style questions of our own. Awh, thanks...good luck to you too

How did everyone find the practicals for Biology?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2013
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.