Original post by fionywy
heya everyone im resitting unit 1 and doing unit 2
so stressful :frown:(((

same here! :frown:
How are you all revising??
I've only done one past paper so far

I cba to revise anymore :ashamed2:
Reply 23
Done any1 have the January 2012 F211 and F212 paper???
If yes can you please upload it
Original post by saim101
Done any1 have the January 2012 F211 and F212 paper???
If yes can you please upload it

It's on here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1943168

:smile:
Reply 25

Ty sooo much, you are a life saver :smile:
Just have cardiac cycle left, then will have memorised all of my notes, only have to practise ECGs and spirometer, just going to make extra notes by looking for extra info on the internet that's not in the books. Going to start memorising F212 tomorrow going to try and finish that by Monday and do the same thing till 21st, make extra notes...
The jan 2012 exam was so difficult and had a lot about plants so hopefully it wont come up as much in this exam!

how is everyones revision getting on? ive been doing mindmaps and trying to memorise it all but theres so much to remember :frown:

good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Natalie21
I made this thread as I couldn't find a thread for the F211 paper being sat in May 2012.

How is everyone getting on with revision?

Revision is quite well, there are lots of logical questions from module 3, which I seemed to be getting wrong :mad:I find the questions relating to module 1 and 2 quite simple.
Reply 29
Original post by Tackla
Revision is quite well, there are lots of logical questions from module 3, which I seemed to be getting wrong :mad:I find the questions relating to module 1 and 2 quite simple.

What is module 3? Plants?
Reply 30
Original post by Natalie21
What is module 3? Plants?

It is biodiversity and evolution, it is simple for most people and easy marks to score, I seem to be an idiot in these type of questions. I prefer the normal technical answers. :p:p
Reply 31
Original post by Tackla
It is biodiversity and evolution, it is simple for most people and easy marks to score, I seem to be an idiot in these type of questions. I prefer the normal technical answers. :p:p

Ah okay sorry I didn't realise you was talking about F212.

Yeah I hate that section too - it's awful :///
Can someone help me answer this:

Describe the stages of mitosis (6 marks)...

I'm having difficulty understanding this section so any help would be appreciated :redface:

Or even if someone could explaining it would be really helpful
Original post by itsmehello
Can someone help me answer this:

Describe the stages of mitosis (6 marks)...

I'm having difficulty understanding this section so any help would be appreciated :redface:

Or even if someone could explaining it would be really helpful

Pre Mitosis: Interphase - DNA is replicated
Prophase:
-Chromosomes supercoil (shorten and thicken),
- nuclear envelope breaks down and disappears,
-centrioles split and move to opposite poles to form spindle

Metaphase:
- Chromosomes move to equator of spindle and attach to it by means of their centromere

Anaphase:
- Centromere splits and replicated chromatids separate
- spindle fibres shorten and thicken and pull sister chromatids away from each other to opposite poles

Telophase:
- As sister chromatids are pulled to opposite poles, a new nuclear envelope forms around each set
- Spindle fibres break down and disappear
- Chromosomes uncoil

Cytokinesis (different in animals and plants)
- Cell splits into 2, these are genetically identical to each other and to the parent cell as they have diploid number of chromosomes and so will perform the same function as parent
ooh dreading this exam. Hopefully heart and stuff will be on it as apparently there wasn't any in jan?
Original post by mathsclown
Pre Mitosis: Interphase - DNA is replicated
Prophase:
-Chromosomes supercoil (shorten and thicken),
- nuclear envelope breaks down and disappears,
-centrioles split and move to opposite poles to form spindle

Metaphase:
- Chromosomes move to equator of spindle and attach to it by means of their centromere

Anaphase:
- Centromere splits and replicated chromatids separate
- spindle fibres shorten and thicken and pull sister chromatids away from each other to opposite poles

Telophase:
- As sister chromatids are pulled to opposite poles, a new nuclear envelope forms around each set
- Spindle fibres break down and disappear
- Chromosomes uncoil

Cytokinesis (different in animals and plants)
- Cell splits into 2, these are genetically identical to each other and to the parent cell as they have diploid number of chromosomes and so will perform the same function as parent

Okay thank you sooo much that would probably be 6/6 :colondollar:

But btw could you mention that the chromatin condenses to visible chromosomes firstand then it supercoils
Or does condensing it and supercoiling basically mean the same thing?
Original post by itsmehello
Okay thank you sooo much that would probably be 6/6 :colondollar:

But btw could you mention that the chromatin condenses to visible chromosomes firstand then it supercoils
Or does condensing it and supercoiling basically mean the same thing?

Good question, im not quite sure, i think the supercoiling leads to its condensation, condense means thicken, and supercoil leads to thickening so I guess so, that maybe a "suggest" question in the paper loool :s-smilie:
Original post by mathsclown
Good question, im not quite sure, i think the supercoiling leads to its condensation, condense means thicken, and supercoil leads to thickening so I guess so, that maybe a "suggest" question in the paper loool :s-smilie:

Ahh okay cool, praying we don't get a question on mitosis :/
Reply 38
:eek: I'm in super panic mode. I thought I was ready for the January 12 exam, but ended up with a C grade. I just don't want my life to be a mediocre faaaiiill :unimpressed: :stupido:
Reply 39
Can someone help me with a question on the January 2009 paper
1)a)iii) Calculate the actual length of structure C. Show your working and give your answer in micrometers. The answer is 3.75 but don't understand why.
If someone can explain this it'll be very helpful, thanks. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending