The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by dwydwy
Thank you, how do you think it went overall? Cause I think it wasn't too bad I reckon >C

I think that paper was pretty decent, other than cocking up the question on expiration (wrote about inspiration) and the silly one marker about sucrose and phloem (wrote sieve elements). I think I got above 40 minimum but coz of those two mistakes it might be the boundaries that determine if I get an A or not
Reply 1501
Original post by Amz1217
I think that paper was pretty decent, other than cocking up the question on expiration (wrote about inspiration) and the silly one marker about sucrose and phloem (wrote sieve elements). I think I got above 40 minimum but coz of those two mistakes it might be the boundaries that determine if I get an A or not

Good! me too actually found it really good apart fro the last one i put about evaporation of the water and forgot denaturing but yanno.Me too i better get an A
Reply 1502
My answer for the last one was so stupid! I talked about how more osmosis was happening from the xylem to the phloem, so as there was more water, the sucrose was more diluted and therefore it dripped off at a faster rate.
f212 is a killer
A few questions from the exam are still haunting me.

For the question about what is found in the cytoplasm of a Prokaryote but not a Eukaryote, I wrote - plasmid. At the time is seemed correct. After having looked at my text book again, it appears that not all Prokaryotes have plasmids. I know this is only a one mark question but do you think that the answer that I wrote will be considered as wrong? I think a better answer would have been 'naked circular DNA'.

For the addition of water to a plant cell and animal cell, I did not mention 'osmosis' once. Do you think that that is a key word??

For the last question, the suggest question with a graph, I didn't write about denaturing proteins; only about transpiration being greater than water uptake, water evaporating in the stem, an increase in kinetic energy so the sucrose moved faster along the stem. As the stuff travelling in the sieve tube elements is dissolved in water, if there is less water, then the stuff can't move as well.
--Thinking about it now, I could have talked about denaturing cotransporter proteins in the companion cell, the increase in kinetic energy affecting the mitochondria, more water moves up and down the stem from source to sink. I have a feeling I may only get 1 or 2 out of the total 3 marks.

Also, in the labelling question, I wrote 'eukaryotic ribosome' for the arrow that was pointing at the ribosome. Is that right?
Original post by Ashfak786
f212 is a killer

The worst parts are:
biodiversity (EIA, CITES, CBD)
social stuff relating malaria, HIV, AIDS
the names of random bacteria and diseases
Classification systems - domains, kingdoms

Basically, all the sociology and geography part of Biology that is to do with the environment and global problems that no one is interested in
Anyone want to revise for F212? :smile:
Original post by ribenablob

Basically, all the sociology and geography part of Biology that is to do with the environment and global problems that no one is interested in

Completely agree, literally so boring and geography-ish. There's a reason I dropped geog in year 9..!
Original post by Bubble734
Completely agree, literally so boring and geography-ish. There's a reason I dropped geog in year 9..!

SAME
Reply 1509
Original post by dwydwy
Good! me too actually found it really good apart fro the last one i put about evaporation of the water and forgot denaturing but yanno.Me too i better get an A

hey You seem really confident can you please do an unofficial mark scheme please all those people that found the paper ok :biggrin:
also who ever is 100% sure they got one question right should right what they had written. this will help who ever is going to make the unofficial mark thanks people 's
Reply 1510
Original post by petitmuffin
Anyone want to revise for F212? :smile:

Lol I bloody neglected all my other exams because of this stupid exam. I really don't want I don't want to go anywhere near the textbook.oh well.Y.O.L.O! (You Only Live Once)
Original post by Boqore
Lol I bloody neglected all my other exams because of this stupid exam. I really don't want I don't want to go anywhere near the textbook.oh well.Y.O.L.O! (You Only Live Once)

Yepp same here -_- now i'm cramming for chemistry!!
Reply 1512
I retook f212 in January, and I found it way easier than this paper, everyone will probably pick up the marks on it, hope it went well for whomever sat it on Monday :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest

Trending

Trending