The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes just start tomorrow if you have been instructed to three doses a day. Don't try to make-up for missed doses by taking more than you were instructed.
Reply 2
Original post by Elwyn
Yes just start tomorrow if you have been instructed to three doses a day. Don't try to make-up for missed doses by taking more than you were instructed.

Okay, so just have one (wait 8 hours) another one (wait 8 hours) and another one... just as i should, starting tomorrow :biggrin:
No excuse not to capitalize 'I's.
Reply 4
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

I am sorry. :ashamed2:
Reply 5
Original post by KellySapphire
Okay, so just have one (wait 8 hours) another one (wait 8 hours) and another one... just as i should, starting tomorrow :biggrin:

Yep.
Reply 6
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

joker.gif
Original post by KellySapphire
I took one dose yesterday at 2pm(my first), but fell asleep too early to take my other dose, i've also forgotten to take doses today so could i just started again tomorrow with my three doses of amoxicillin (liquid form).

If you can forget your illness so easily you can't be that ill.
I mean once is understandable, but multiple doses in the first 48 hours..?
Original post by Jamie
If you can forget your illness so easily you can't be that ill.

You're an idiot.

Wait, I've got warned for writing that as a post before.

Your behaviour and assumption is idiotic.

(and clearly OP's doctor thought they were 'that ill' to prescribe the medicine)
Reply 9
Original post by takethyfacehence
You're an idiot.

(and clearly OP's doctor thought they were 'that ill' to prescribe the medicine)

You realise this "idiot" is actually a qualified doctor? :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Original post by Democracy

:rofl:
Original post by Democracy

I repeat,
"[His] behaviour and assumption [was] idiotic."
Original post by takethyfacehence
You're an idiot.

I'm still trying to think of an illness where you would take amoxicillin on its own which you can 'forget about'
Because if you have a sore throat, or an ear that feels like it is going to explode, a pneumonia ridden cough etc then you find it rather hard to forget 3+ of the first 5 doses.
I can't think of an illness (but apparently I'm an idiot) when it is used as a solo prophylaxis dose, it isn't used solo for asymptomatic STDs, and when used for asymptomatic H.Pylori cleansing it is used in combination.

And how ill you are does not determine whether antibiotics are needed.
A relatively mild proven bacterial UTI needs antibiotics, but a rip roaring case of the flu does not.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jamie
I'm still trying to think of an illness where you would take amoxicillin on its own which you can 'forget about'
Because if you have a sore throat, or an ear that feels like it is going to explode, a pneumonia ridden cough etc then you find it rather hard to forget 3+ of the first 5 doses.
I can't think of an illness (but apparently I'm an idiot) when it is used as a solo prophylaxis dose, it isn't used solo for asymptomatic STDs, and when used for asymptomatic H.Pylori cleansing it is used in combination.

A relatively mild proven bacterial UTI needs antibiotics, but a rip roaring case of the flu does not.

I don't think the OP meant taking it as a solo. I assumed she was talking about the pill.
Reply 14
Um, actually it was for a suppose tooth infection because i was having tooth aches but when he took the tooth out i didn't feel the pain so i forgot i had medicine for it, but i've been taking it regularly now since the post. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Jamie

I am currently taking Amoxicillin for wisdom tooth extraction. The procedure was 3 days ago and I have not had any pain and therefore I have forgotten a couple doses of the Amoxicillin. So there's your example.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
I am closing this since it's a thread that has been bumped from over a year ago.

Latest