Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I text her?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    In the library two weeks ago when this girl (whom I know a little though don't speak to much) follows behind me. I didn't realise until I turned around and she said "hey, I've been lookig for you". We were chatting for a bit, just about work. Before we parted, she asked me to being her something and asked me to give my number so we could arrange for me to drop it off. We texted for a bit, though nothing flirty. After all, even though we've been in the same seminar classes, we don't know each other very well.

Anyway, she's a real nice person and really pretty, so was thinking of texting her again to ask how things are with her work and whatnot. Would this be ok? It's been about a month since we last text though we have seen each other at uni and acknowledged each other.

I don't wanna give the impression that I like or am 'chasing' her.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    In the library two weeks ago when this girl (whom I know a little though don't speak to much) follows behind me. ... It's been about a month since we last text though we have seen each other at uni and acknowledged each other.

I don't wanna give the impression that I like or am 'chasing' her.
    Wat. Time machine?

Why wouldn't you want to give her the impression that you like her if you actually do like her? Texting her isn't going to kill anyone. May as well give it a bash.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alawhisp)
    Wat. Time machine?

Why wouldn't you want to give her the impression that you like her if you actually do like her? Texting her isn't going to kill anyone. May as well give it a bash.
    Ohh, sorry. I meant about two months ago we bumped into each other in the library.

I see what you're saying. What I mean I don't want her thinking I'm texting as I'm trying it on with her. She has so many guy friends so she'd probably laugh at any such attempt of mine.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I see what you're saying. What I mean I don't want her thinking I'm texting as I'm trying it on with her. She has so many guy friends so she'd probably laugh at any such attempt of mine.
    Why would she think that unless you send her a text asking what colour undies she has on? And if she is a really nice person, as you say in your OP, she won't laugh at an attempt to flirt with her. I haven't really known many women who laugh at things like that, unless it's been an incredibly awkward/amusing situation. We're not all heartless harpies you know

Just do it, don't think about it. If she replies, then great! If not, no big deal, at least you know.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why would she think that unless you send her a text asking what colour undies she has on? And if she is a really nice person, as you say in your OP, she won't laugh at an attempt to flirt with her. I haven't really known many women who laugh at things like that, unless it's been an incredibly awkward/amusing situation. We're not all heartless harpies you know

Just do it, don't think about it. If she replies, then great! If not, no big deal, at least you know.
    What colour are you wearing alawhisp?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Cheers. It's just we hardly speak to each other in person so she'll definitely think something's up if I text.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    What colour are you wearing alawhisp?
    http://www.whitesandsmalls.co.uk/lg_...100%5B2%5D.jpg

Cheers. It's just we hardly speak to each other in person so she'll definitely think something's up if I text.
    Well, probably not. She might just think, "ooo, a text! ". You want to talk to someone, just talk to them. It's not a big deal.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=alawhisp;37031752]http://www.whitesandsmalls.co.uk/lg_...100%5B2%5D.jpg

Just that colour or the style too? :confused:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Just that colour or the style too? :confused:
    I took that picture just for you. So, both.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.whitesandsmalls.co.uk/lg_...100%5B2%5D.jpg

Well, probably not. She might just think, "ooo, a text! ". You want to talk to someone, just talk to them. It's not a big deal.
    Thanks. I might just go for it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    just ask her how it's going, no harm in that, and doesn't sound 'chase-ish' at all
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    she completely chased you though...
    text now! Just a general not seen/heard from you in a while just wondered how you were getting on...type thing.

It's very 'normal' and very 'ok'. Go for it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why would you not want her to think that you're trying it on with her by texting... when you ARE trying it on with her by texting?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP, text her. What's there to lose? Her not replying? I doubt that'll be the case but if it were you haven't lost anything - its not as though you two are in touch at the moment.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    she completely chased you though...
    text now! Just a general not seen/heard from you in a while just wondered how you were getting on...type thing.

It's very 'normal' and very 'ok'. Go for it.
    But she 'chased' me because she wanted me to give her something. But after I have it to her she told me to keep in touch. It's so hard to read her.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    If she told you to keep in touch, go for it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 7, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.