Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    ...and heavy users feel less happy about their lives

To view the article, click here

Tell us something we don't know. :rolleyes:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a FB account, but I rarely use it except when it concerns family or buying stuff. I also get regular Nietzsche quotes. I cannot understand why anyone would write such things as 'going out tomorrow! yay!", or "com'n you reds! YNWA!!", or, "just thought I'd have my hair brushed to the left this time", and other such stupid comments.

I can remember reading "Can't get to sleep. Am bored."
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    TSR too.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    For me facebook has just become a convenient means to keep track of my social calendar.

That and stalking people.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    TSR too.
    we all educated here :smug:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We could say the same for TSR, it is very addictive indeed.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could say the same about anything where user generated content is broadcast to others in real time. People like to feel like they are valued and what they say is important, hence why facebook/twitter/forums are so popular.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on your reasons for using it.
    For some people (including myself), we have friends all around the country, and maybe a long distance partner, so things like facebook are brilliant for keeping in touch and are much easier and much more useful than other forms of communication.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    ugh, I wish I didn't have facebook, I waste so much time on it. There's no chance I'm going to get rid of it, but I wish I could. Damn you society.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    You talk about addiction but I swear i've seen you make about four threads today? Hypocritical much? For an 'Iron lady' you sure are a bit of an addict too as much as these 'poorly educated' souls you refer to.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've probably been addicted, not to Facbook itself but the giving me something to do. When you've got nothing to do and no money or one to do it with even the simple things keep the mind occupied.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i dont particularly think education has a significant factor in this

technology in general and its advancement, while awesome, has led us to being more dependent on it, more isolated, not as active... this can easily develop into other issues such as being unfit/obese, have behaviour/social problems etc...
    we are social active creatures after all....

thank you A level ICT :smug:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and.... personal experience
    Spoiler:
    Show
    OHHH THE SHAME!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grad_dentist)
    We could say the same for TSR, it is very addictive indeed.
    TSR is much more addictive than fb especially when there is revision to be done.

<3 x
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    had to deactivate for exams being the addict i was 8-)
    But occasionally I reactivate for a day and.....its just so boring :s and I hate the timeline set-up :|
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    ugh, I wish I didn't have facebook, I waste so much time on it. There's no chance I'm going to get rid of it, but I wish I could. Damn you society.
    lol same here

and sup cambridge lawyer :cool:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    DO IT
    trust me! I was an addict! You can really get out of it! It used to be on my mind 24/7...whether someone had liked my status/replied/commented/liked something..... looking back its such a waste of time...
    deactivating is just a click away
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    TSR too.

TSR is more addictive. If anything TSR has made me more educated.

Not surprised, looking at your friend's holiday pics or liking a status is hardly a skill.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissRiah12345)
    DO IT
    trust me! I was an addict! You can really get out of it! It used to be on my mind 24/7...whether someone had liked my status/replied/commented/liked something..... looking back its such a waste of time...
    deactivating is just a click away
    I deactivated my account a few hours ago, but I only need to put my in my email address and password and BAM... I'm back. I suppose it has given me an incentive not to login though.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    TSR is more addictive. If anything TSR is made me more educated.

Not surprised, looked at your friend's holiday pics or liking a status is hardly a skill.
    :mmm:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    ...and heavy users feel less happy about their lives

To view the article, click here

Tell us something we don't know. :rolleyes:
    I didn't bother opening the article, but imo Facebook has become unbearable most of them time. People keep on spamming walls, posting idiotic statuses and pictures and brag about the most stupid things on earth. :eek:

I don't wanna know what you ate for lunch, where are u heading tonight or how many times per month you change bfs.

It used to be cool, some years ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	260.6 KB 
ID:	140104

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 7, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.