Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Young British Muslims more conservative than their elders?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe xxx)
    With this logic, what about food, shall we ban that as people can become addicted to it?
    Depends what type of food you eat, I guess?

What about coffee, or shopping, or spending money, these things are also addictive. Lets ban them too?
    There's a difference between necessities and comfort, even you should see that.

Me sees a dictatorship coming along. Oh well, not a surprise really.
    The dictatorship of corporatism, you mean?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What? Please elaborate.

Vaccinating against what? Diseases people get by accident? How is that comparable in any way whatsoever?

Clutching at straws come to mind.
    Harmony, you clearly think people are brainless drones who cannot think for themselves or look after themselves.
    They can think and look after themselves. There is no point of the NHS.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    With this logic, what about food, shall we ban that as people can become addicted to it?

What about coffee, or shopping, or spending money, these things are also addictive. Lets ban them too?

Me sees a dictatorship coming along. Oh well, not a surprise really.
    Alcohol was prohibited after Muhammad realised people couldn't their prayers whilst drunk, they did used to drink in the beginning
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishy786)
    It's full of big holes. If you actually stopped to listen, I reckon you'll hear the air hissing out or a jumbo jet actually flying through.

Explain. You cant, because my whole point is completely valid.

Na then. Alcoholism is the word you are looking for.

What?

There's a difference. Islam in it's inherent nature is striving to do good. Alcohol on the other hand contains more harm than good.

Not in many peoples eyes. Thats your opinion, try telling that to the millions of people who drink problem free.

On the other hand, Islamic terrorism should be wiped out. I'm sure everyone would agree with you if you say that.

You seen the NHS bill yet or are you living in ignorance?

You see the NHS bill, which has also been made huge from obesity, and an added cost with the genetic problems many foreign minorities are producing? There was an article about it posted a bit back. Likewise, maybe all these practices should be outlawed too?

Tell me, do university students or even 13 year olds regularly get hammered whilst going to clubs? If that is the state of our youths today, imagine how much alcohol they will consume when they are in their 40's and 50's. And who will foot the bill?

Failed logic again, where are all these 13 year olds you speak of? Many older people are already alcoholics. Let me ask, does banning heroin etc stop people from using it? No. Infact, on the other hand the vast majority of people are aware it has made the problem worse. Banning things doesnt work, not in this society. You have to accept this country isnt religious and we see no problem with drinking.

The NHS. i.r: taxpayers.

Quite the contrary, your views on ISLAMIC TERRORISM is also tarnished by "exaggerated media stories".

I acknowledged this already, I used your own logic and excuses to likewise prove my own point. Hope you liked it.

Oh, and have some respect for your mother.

What a foolish response when you have nothing else to say. Disrespecting her? No, pointing out a factual flaw in her logic which you similarly have. In this society, we can critisize the parent also. I didnt say anything awful about her. Its called free speech, which of course being an Islamic cult follower you'd have no idea of.

When people resort to name calling, it demonstrates that they have no more arguments and are just blowing a whole load of hot air.
    Says you. You havnt presented one factual argument here.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends what type of food you eat, I guess?

There's a difference between necessities and comfort, even you should see that.

The dictatorship of corporatism, you mean?
    So basically you want to go further with the dictatorship and ban food you see fit?

No surprise there, again.

This wont happen in this country, thankfully.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Explain. You cant, because my whole point is completely valid.
    Should I leave? Because it seems like you are having a conversation with yourself. Answering your own questions, Jeez!!!

What?
    The addiction to alcohol. Did you know that "Islamloverignorance" is the name given to people who are addicted to talking about the Islam yet they have no valid arguments.

Not in many peoples eyes. Thats your opinion, try telling that to the millions of people who drink problem free.
    Any stats to support this????????

On the other hand, Islamic terrorism should be wiped out. I'm sure everyone would agree with you if you say that.
    So you agree or not?

You see the NHS bill, which has also been made huge from obesity, and an added cost with the genetic problems many foreign minorities are producing? There was an article about it posted a bit back. Likewise, maybe all these practices should be outlawed too?
    Islam also encourages eating in moderation. I think a meal should consist of "1/3 for food, 1/3 for water and 1/3 left for air". Good philosophy, don't you think?

Failed logic again, where are all these 13 year olds you speak of? Many older people are already alcoholics. Let me ask, does banning heroin etc stop people from using it? No. Infact, on the other hand the vast majority of people are aware it has made the problem worse. Banning things doesnt work, not in this society. You have to accept this country isnt religious and we see no problem with drinking.
    [BThe majority of Britain's 13-year-olds have drunk alcohol, marking a worrying "tipping point" for underage drinking, the home secretary, Jacqui Smith, warned yesterday as she promised to step up enforcement action.[/B]

I acknowledged this already, I used your own logic and excuses to likewise prove my own point. Hope you liked it.
    No you didn't. Stop telling porkies.

What a foolish response when you have nothing else to say. Disrespecting her? No, pointing out a factual flaw in her logic which you similarly have. In this society, we can critisize the parent also. I didnt say anything awful about her. Its called free speech, which of course being an Islamic cult follower you'd have no idea of.
    They should've aborted you when they found out you were going to turn out like this. < Now THAT was "free speech".

Says you. You havnt presented one factual argument here.[/QUOTE]

I've proven that Alcohol is addictive.
    I've proven that Alcohol is a burden on the NHS.
    I've proven that Islam does not REGULATE private homes, only public sphere.

Oh, and what "factual argument" have you presented? That you think your mother is a dumb **** like all the Muslims? :faceplam2:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So basically you want to go further with the dictatorship and ban food you see fit?

No surprise there, again.

This wont happen in this country, thankfully.
    One man army. That's me.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)
    Failed logic again, you really are an expert at this.

This point is so ridiculous I dont even need to point out why. I suppose every person requiring health care does so because they cant think or look after themselves?

:lolwut:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Failed logic again, you really are an expert at this.

This point is so ridiculous I dont even need to point out why. I suppose every person requiring health care does so because they cant think or look after themselves?

:lolwut:
    They can think for themselves but NHS offers guidance and healthcare.
    If you cannot accept that, then I'm just going to the pharmacy now to remove all those leaflets about how to live a healthy lifestyle.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Should I leave? Because it seems like you are having a conversation with yourself. Answering your own questions, Jeez!!!

The addiction to alcohol. Did you know that "Islamloverignorance" is the name given to people who are addicted to talking about the Islam yet they have no valid arguments.

Any stats to support this????????

Any stats to support alcohol damages everyone that drinks it? No, thought not. Oh well.

So you agree or not?

Yes.

Islam also encourages eating in moderation. I think a meal should consist of "1/3 for food, 1/3 for water and 1/3 left for air". Good philosophy, don't you think?

Yes. Very odd though the amount of overweight muslims I see. I guess though, that they arnt real muslims either, even though they are wearing muslim clothes.

[BThe majority of Britain's 13-year-olds have drunk alcohol, marking a worrying "tipping point" for underage drinking, the home secretary, Jacqui Smith, warned yesterday as she promised to step up enforcement action.[/B]

Because Jaqui Smith says it its right? Let me find you an article about Islamic terrorism and its threat to the UK, if you want to play at this game. https://www.mi5.gov.uk/output/intern...terrorism.html

No you didn't. Stop telling porkies.

Course. Keep telling yourself that.

They should've aborted you when they found out you were going to turn out like this. < Now THAT was "free speech".
    Offended are we? Think from this we can conclude you have lost the argument.
    Says you. You havnt presented one factual argument here.
    I've proven that Alcohol is addictive.
    I've proven that Alcohol is a burden on the NHS.
    I've proven that Islam does not REGULATE private homes, only public sphere.

Food is also addictive, as is online shopping, coffee, and allsorts of things.
    Incest breeding causing physical defects, predominantly from south asian minorities is also a burden on the NHS. What shall we do about that, eh?

Oh, and what "factual argument" have you presented? That you think your mother is a dumb **** like all the Muslims? :faceplam2:[/QUOTE]

Quote where I said my mum is a dumb ass. Your making yourself sound ridiculous here.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    um... because we all have to live in this society?
    Don't have to...

You could emigrate, not conform, kill yourself etc.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    They can think for themselves but NHS offers guidance and healthcare.
    If you cannot accept that, then I'm just going to the pharmacy now to remove all those leaflets about how to live a healthy lifestyle.
    People know how to live a healthy lifestyle already, yet they don't. That doesnt just include drinking, which the government recommends to do in moderation, not not at all.

Face it, alcohol does no damage, only to those weak minded individuals who don't know their limits.

I can say I know more about this than you, seeing as though I drink, go out and know many people that do that still have a job, their health, family and life.

You get these opinions from Islam and thats it, therefore they are not of merit in mine and a lot of peoples books.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    WTF?

Are you a caveman?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People know how to live a healthy lifestyle already, yet they don't. That doesnt just include drinking, which the government recommends to do in moderation, not not at all.

Face it, alcohol does no damage, only to those weak minded individuals who don't know their limits.

I can say I know more about this than you, seeing as though I drink, go out and know many people that do that still have a job, their health, family and life.

You get these opinions from Islam and thats it, therefore they are not of merit in mine and a lot of peoples books.
    So how do you identify those weak-minded individuals and help provide a solution? This is where I find it confusing. I understand you might not feel the same way about alcohol as I do.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie123)
    WTF?

Are you a caveman?
    :mute:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any stats to support alcohol damages everyone that drinks it? No, thought not. Oh well.
    From the second you take your first sip, alcohol starts affecting your body and mind.

Yes.
    Wow! You really don't want to destroy Islam after all.

Yes. Very odd though the amount of overweight muslims I see. I guess though, that they arnt real muslims either, even though they are wearing muslim clothes.
    Have you got a learning deficiency? I said "Islam ENCOURAGES", not Islam dictates.

Because Jaqui Smith says it its right? Let me find you an article about Islamic terrorism, if you want to play at this game.
    No, because the respondents in the survey, the 13 year olds, have stated this.

As you earlier stated, "media exaggeration". Let me give you the REAL picture based on facts and figures.

Course. Keep telling yourself that.
    Still living in denial?

Offended are we? Think from this we can conclude you have lost the argument.
    The person who has TO CLAIM HIS WIN IN AN DEBATE IS USUALLY THE ONE THAT HAS LOST.

Food is also addictive, as is online shopping, coffee, and allsorts of things.
    Incest breeding causing physical defects, predominantly from south asian minorities is also a burden on the NHS. What shall we do about that, eh?
    What do you want me to do?

Quote where I said my mum is a dumb ass. Your making yourself sound ridiculous here.
    You know you implied that through the suggestion that as "my mother thinks drinking is harmful, this is a logical flaw and therefore, she is a dumb ass because she cannot differentiate between logic and exaggerated media stories".
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    :mute:
    "There is no point of the NHS"

Stupid thing to say.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie123)
    "There is no point of the NHS"

Stupid thing to say.
    Why not?
    They can think and look after themselves. Forget the old people, forget the babies, forget ever guiding people to a healthy lifestyle, forget helping people to cure illnesses. They can do it all themselves according to Chloe!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the man from space)
    Most Muslims are liberal

Haha. Come on, yo.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why not?
    They can think and look after themselves. Forget the old people, forget the babies, forget ever guiding people to a healthy lifestyle, forget helping people to cure illnesses. They can do it all themselves according to Chloe!
    People can look after themselves to a certain level, but beyond that, expertise is required, and having a system where care is available to anyone at any time is of paramount importance.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.