Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Young British Muslims more conservative than their elders?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmudz_009)
    Shut up. Thts a tiny minority of people who actually do that stuff. There's twisted people everywhere, so how can u generalise and say thts the main reason? You just need a reason to Badmouth western culture dont you?

lool don't get angry at me, it is you progresive people that are doing this.

by the way this is the latest news on the anti-muslim daily mail
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ked-watch.html

once again i am sorry for you about your disgusting culture and people. i hope you westerners find a cure for you sickness( don;t go to a priest for the cure as he will rape you specail if you are a child and defensless)

much love
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ohh
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Youger generations have grown up with freedom of thought whereas the older generation where forced to conform to the conservative ways so some of them now accept more liberal views because they can coz no one has a hold over themanymore?..Just a thought
    Im only speaking from the pov of my aunts and uncles who hrew up with their dad being as strict as hell. Once he died, 4 or 5 out of 9 of them rebelled and some tried to turn away from Islam but now, 17 years later they're all back lol
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaboon-supreme)

once again i am sorry for you about your disgusting culture and people. i hope you westerners find a cure for you sickness( don;t go to a priest for the cure as he will rape you specail if you are a child and defensless)

much love
    Now I'm Muslim, but I really hate the arguments you're using. You're using the daily mail to generalise against all of western culture?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    You've obviously not been on TSR for long
    Good day Sir,

I couldn't help but notice your username and display picture. Would I be correct in assuming you are a Facejacker/Fonejacker fanatic?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think the main difference is that they can see what is realy going on in western society. they see can see the real image other then the 'perfect civilization' that western media portrays is false and deep down it is SICK and TWISTED. these people see the dirty little secrets that westerners try to hide. i mean if you go on the news then you will see what i mean. front page stories like father locks up doughter for 24 years and rapes her, 15 year old son kills his mother and not to mension the horrid sexual crimes that one could only imagin. they don't want their sister suffering the same fate as a 14 year old pregnant british girl, hence they are more conservative.
    while politics and the like has never been my strong point, this is just dopey...

keep hearing *******s about how the west is twisted, devious etc...as if the rest of the world is filled with sinless, law abiding, kind as hell saints... :lolwut:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Youger generations have grown up with freedom of thought whereas the older generation where forced to conform to the conservative ways so some of them now accept more liberal views because they can coz no one has a hold over themanymore?..Just a thought
    Im only speaking from the pov of my aunts and uncles who hrew up with their dad being as strict as hell. Once he died, 4 or 5 out of 9 of them rebelled and some tried to turn away from Islam but now, 17 years later they're all back lol
    were do you get this idea of people being forced to a more conservative view. i am sorry but it is a myth. you people try to think you are right by making up things
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

much love
    You can find horrid stories everywhere you idiot :rolleyes:

You may find it a disgusting culture, so why live here? Why come and live in the West? As I said, most people living in the West would be glad to say goodbye to weird religious people like you. The Western "disgusting culture" had achieved rather a lot in the last few centuries - the car, the aeroplane, the internet, televisions, electricity, modern medicine and muslims seem desperate to be part of this "disgusting culture" given the millions hiding in the backs of lorries and hanging onto rafts in a desperate attempt to get into Europe.

All I see is jealousy, Westerners are rich and powerful whilst the Islamic world is poor and pathetic.

Honestly, where would you rather live? Sweden or Yemen? Pakistan or Canada? Saudi or Germany? Somalia or New Zealand? Iran or Switzerland?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    while politics and the like has never been my strong point, this is just dopey...

keep hearing *******s about how the west is twisted, devious etc...as if the rest of the world is filled with sinless, law abiding, kind as hell saints... :lolwut:

the rest of the world isn't sinless and they are not all saints, but they are not allways trying to take the moral high ground. the rest of the world isn't imposing their views on anyone nor labbling people terrorists because they disagree with them
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emclme)
    The topic is about Muslims
    the topic is about muslims and being conservative
    not about islam being peaceful or not :lolwut:

just because the word muslim is in the thread title doesnt mean you can instigate bullcrap
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    the rest of the world isn't sinless and they are not all saints, but they are not allways trying to take the moral high ground. the rest of the world isn't imposing their views on anyone nor labbling people terrorists because they disagree with them
    :lolwut: @ bold

if you saw a kid get beaten by his parents severely, are you just going to mind your own business and walk off?

im sure the big adults of the west know that
    disagreeing =/= terrorism
    :rolleyes:
    'terror'-ists are lebelled such for the inhuman acts they use, 'terror'-ising a population to achieve their aims....hence 'terror'-ists
    i...an offspring heavily under the influence of the west, consider you a dope, not a terrorist....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyanohydrin)
    You can find horrid stories everywhere you idiot :rolleyes:

You may find it a disgusting culture, so why live here? Why come and live in the West? As I said, most people living in the West would be glad to say goodbye to weird religious people like you. The Western "disgusting culture" had achieved rather a lot in the last few centuries - the car, the aeroplane, the internet, televisions, electricity, modern medicine and muslims seem desperate to be part of this "disgusting culture" given the millions hiding in the backs of lorries and hanging onto rafts in a desperate attempt to get into Europe.

All I see is jealousy, Westerners are rich and powerful whilst the Islamic world is poor and pathetic.

Honestly, where would you rather live? Sweden or Yemen? Pakistan or Canada? Saudi or Germany? Somalia or New Zealand? Iran or Switzerland?

loool have i upset you little man. i think yamen and somalia would be very rich if they slaved people and killed people while forcing millions to fight their wars. i think they would be rich if they invaded other contries and took their natural riches.

how did these countries get rich, let me give you a clue. they didnt get rich from their own natural resources as they don't have any.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Let's be honest and say that most people came for work, and not because they wanted to escape any thing. Most Muslims in this country are Pakistani and AFAIK, Pakistan was a lot more peaceful back then (Minus the whole East/West Pakistan, Bangladesh thing)
    Well they wanted to escape the (relatively) high poverty and unemployment rates in their homeland. I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about the history of Pakistan but IIRC its recent history features numerous wars with India, as well as frequent military rule.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Replace the poll subjects from "muslim" or even "christian" to "non-religious secularist" then all those respondants that give the most illiberal answer would probably be in jail for hate speech.

Religion is so wrapped up in cotton wool its rediculous.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    loool have i upset you little man. i think yamen and somalia would be very rich if they slaved people and killed people while forcing millions to fight their wars. i think they would be rich if they invaded other contries and took their natural riches.

how did these countries get rich, let me give you a clue. they didnt get rich from their own natural resources as they don't have any.
    Upset me? Dude, I'm not the one sitting in the West, enjoying all the benefits of the West, whilst ranting and raving like an idiot about how much you hate living in the "filthy culture" :rofl:

I don't care about colonial empires 200 years ago, although it is worth noting that Europeans were wealthier and hence had more successful societies prior to any colonialism - otherwise how would they have been able to travel overseas and establish an empire with no opposition? Did the West enrich itself at the expense of minorities and the Third World through its distinctive crimes of slavery and colonialism? This thesis is hard to sustain, because there is nothing distinctively Western about slavery or colonialism. The West had its empires, but so did the Persians, the Mongols, the Chinese, and the Turks. Some Western empires like Britain and France grew rich, while others like Spain and Portugal remained poor. And if colonialism is a universal institution, so is slavery. Slavery has existed in every known civilization, from China to India to Africa to pre-Columbian America.

None of this is to deny that the West, like every other culture, has shown itself to be arrogant and oppressive when it had the chance. Oppression and exploitation, however, were not the cause of Western success; they were the fruits of that success. Those who say that the developed world has exclusively grown rich at their expense are simply wrong. The real cause of Western wealth and power is the dynamic interaction of science, capitalism, and democracy. Working together, these institutions have created our commercial, technological, participatory society.

All I see is a jealous little boy angry that the West is obviously the best place to live in the world
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    i think the main difference is that they can see what is realy going on in western society. they see can see the real image other then the 'perfect civilization' that western media portrays is false and deep down it is SICK and TWISTED. these people see the dirty little secrets that westerners try to hide. i mean if you go on the news then you will see what i mean. front page stories like father locks up doughter for 24 years and rapes her, 15 year old son kills his mother and not to mension the horrid sexual crimes that one could only imagin. they don't want their sister suffering the same fate as a 14 year old pregnant british girl, hence they are more conservative.
    What on earth are you talking about? I honestly don't understand what this paragraph of nonsense is trying to say?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cyanohydrin;37036945]Upset me? Dude, I'm not the one sitting in the West, enjoying all the benefits of the West, whilst ranting and raving like an idiot about how much you hate living in the "filthy culture" :rofl:

I don't care about colonial empires 200 years ago, although it is worth noting that Europeans were wealthier and hence had more successful societies prior to any colonialism - otherwise how would they have been able to travel overseas and establish an empire with no opposition? Did the West enrich itself at the expense of minorities and the Third World through its distinctive crimes of slavery and colonialism? This thesis is hard to sustain, because there is nothing distinctively Western about slavery or colonialism. The West had its empires, but so did the Persians, the Mongols, the Chinese, and the Turks. Some Western empires like Britain and France grew rich, while others like Spain and Portugal remained poor. And if colonialism is a universal institution, so is slavery. Slavery has existed in every known civilization, from China to India to Africa to pre-Columbian America.

None of this is to deny that the West, like every other culture, has shown itself to be arrogant and oppressive when it had the chance. Oppression and exploitation, however, were not the cause of Western success; they were the fruits of that success. Those who say that the developed world has exclusively grown rich at their expense are simply wrong. The real cause of Western wealth and power is the dynamic interaction of science, capitalism, and democracy. Working together, these institutions have created our commercial, technological, participatory society.

All I see is a jealous little boy angry that the West is obviously the best place to live in the world

i don't personaly hate the west but they need to stop attacking anyone that speaks out aganist them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    What on earth are you talking about? I honestly don't understand what this paragraph of nonsense is trying to say?

read again
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    read again
    Yeah I read it a few times, still no idea what you are talking about.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sorry man but i think you might have to go back to the first page so you can understand

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.