Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Young British Muslims more conservative than their elders?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaboon-supreme)
    every culture has proplem but some have less proplems then others and i think we know who those are.lol

keep up the good work
    No, I wouldn't say that necessarily. There are many things wrong with Arab and pseudo-islamic culture. There is blatant racism; Shi'a and Sunni muslims are extremely racist towards each other, with violence escalating in the middle east. Furthermore, Ahmadiyya and other small denominations of Islam are being unjustly persecuted for their allegiance. And the final one is the anti-semitism of the Arab nations. I mean there is mutual racism between Israelites and Arabs, however this is an escalating problem and many people have died because of this.

Arabs in general are bigots, and the other muslim societies tend to have either some inhumane dictatorship or they have unmerciful Shari'a law.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think another reason why they dislike Western culture is because it promotes independence and making decisions for yourself. This is unlike in Asian culture, where even adult children are expected to follow and listen to everything their parents say, because there is a major emphasis on how the community views your family (hence the honour killings). Then when they come here they see more what they consider to be bad things of independence (e. g. not being religious, less emphasis on family) rather than the good things (e. g. being able to have more of a choice in how to live your life). Although the opposite could be said for how Western people view Asian culture .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I mean there is emphasis on family, but it's not like there isn't independance in Islamic life.

If you're talking about far east, the Oriental Asians, the definitely, they are teamwork oriented. They believe more in co-ordination and efficiency as a society rather than for each individual person.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmudz_009)
    Shut up. Thts a tiny minority of people who actually do that stuff. There's twisted people everywhere, so how can u generalise and say thts the main reason? You just need a reason to Badmouth western culture dont you?
    Totally agree.

Its so odd how they just ignore how worse muslim countries are and use absoloutely anything to attack the West.

They ignore the fact much more people from Muslim countries come to live here than Westerners go to live there.

Wonder why that is? :rolleyes: :2euk48l:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    every culture has proplem but some have less proplems then others and i think we know who those are.lol

keep up the good work
    Yeah we do. The South Asian and Muslim cultures have the more backward, anti-semitic dictatorship. In the west, you can live your life how you wish without fear of being beheaded.

I know where I am glad I was born.

We have freedom to live our lives how we want. Its hilarious that you try and indicate their culture is superior to Western.

I do hope you are writing this nonsense from a non-western country :rolleyes:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe xxx)

Nah he'll probably be from here, they always are!

I don't understand why you'd continue to live somewhere if you hated the society. He'll sit there and slag it off but will reap the benefits no doubt :rolleyes:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyanohydrin)
    Firstly the West isn't just America, I don't see Germany, Canada or New Zealand "attacking everyone".

Secondly, the West is just too damn powerful and too damn rich. It can do what the hell it wants because it is so successful. The Islamic world should stop living in the dark ages and actually create some successful societies if it wants to counter the West or else it will continue being screwed over, it's a dog eat dog world and the powerful dominate the weak I am afraid. The fact is, the custodian of the two holy mosques (the Saudis) are a American puppet installed by the British - sad state of affairs for for Muslims surely, yet most Muslims are perfectly happy about it. Funny eh?

Keep ranting and raving, Muslims need to build successful countries or they are seriously going to get even more left in the dirt by the West, India and China. Rather than ranting about the West and how "filthy and disgusting" it is, maybe you should take a look at Islamic culture and ask some questions about why it is utterly dominated by the Western world, and identify what cultural problems are making it so weak and pathetic. You may consider the west filthy or whatever, but the fact is - it is powerful way, way, way beyond the Islamic world and is responsible for global creativity - the internet was created in Britain and America, not Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Maybe the Islamic World should adopt this "filthy culture" and you might one day stop being such pathetic pushovers. Look at Egypt, it just elects religious nutters to govern it - do you think the West and China are successful because they elected religious nutters to rule them? People are laughing at you mate, sort your own sad state of affairs out first.
    Couldnt have said it better.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we do. The South Asian and Muslim cultures have the more backward, anti-semitic dictatorship. In the west, you can live your life how you wish without fear of being beheaded.

We have freedom to live our lives how we want. Its hilarious that you try and indicate their culture is superior to Western.

My experience, I've been to Pakistan. Wasn't beheaded. Wasn't fearful apart from the lizards. I lived at peace and I couldn't live how I wanted, because it was far too hot. The only difference was to fit in with the culture there, my mum and aunt had to cover their hair in public. There was no antisemitism that I came across.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    the rest of the world isn't sinless and they are not all saints, but they are not allways trying to take the moral high ground. the rest of the world isn't imposing their views on anyone nor labbling people terrorists because they disagree with them
    Taking the moral highground!

You are the biggest hypocrite on TSR this month!

You know the west is far superior, you've been owned in this argument already. YOU are taking the moral high ground using daily mail articles (which funnily enough, muslims always refute themselves if it proves theyve been up to no good) to prove why western culture is so awful.

You are aware there are loads of articles online about awful, much worse things happening in muslim countries? Like just the other week a girl killing herself as she was forced to marry her rapist, in Morocco, North Africa, which is a Muslim dominated area?

Your so wrong and deluded its laughable. If the west is awful, why are so many people emigrating here and seeking asylum? God I worked with a woman who had a pakistani client offer her money to marry him so he could stay in the country. If this place is so horrendous, dangerous and diseased why are people from Muslim countries breaking the law to stay here?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)
    My experience, I've been to Pakistan. Wasn't beheaded. Wasn't fearful apart from the lizards. I lived at peace and I couldn't live how I wanted, because it was far too hot. The only difference was to fit in with the culture there, my mum and aunt had to cover their hair in public. There was no antisemitism that I came across.
    Interesting. To fit in with the culture over here do they remove their scarves?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The place is way way behind Europe and the US, theres no denying it.

If it is so fantastic there wouldnt millions of pakistanis who have come to live in the West. They'd stay in Pakistan.

I mean come on why would anyone want to come to the freezing UK from a hot country? They come because where they live is in a mess and you know it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    Interesting. To fit in with the culture over here do they remove their scarves?
    The actual hijab isn't a norm in Pakistani culture. :erm:

But my Mum does cover her hair now thanks to seeing Muslim girls at university here doing the same coupled with having a few grey hairs.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    Nah he'll probably be from here, they always are!

I don't understand why you'd continue to live somewhere if you hated the society. He'll sit there and slag it off but will reap the benefits no doubt :rolleyes:

They arnt aware no one in this country particularly wants them here, infact in areas where immigrants and such are housed (north west/east, midlands etc), a large majority of people wish they would get lost.

Its them, its them who hate the country and slag it off all the time. You never hear polish or chinese people or romanian people wingeing about how awful Western/British culture is.

Theres nothing more foul to us than foreigners who live here who dont appreciate the life it has given them whatsoever. They are so ignorant and bigoted its unbelievable.

They just cannot stand how rich, powerful and free the west is. Its pure jealously. You can tell from the feeble ways they attack like using the 15yo who killed his mum, as if thats whats happening around here all the time :rolleyes:

Of course, I'm sure in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia no woman has ever been murdered or hurt by a family member :rolleyes: Ridiculous.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

No culture is superior to the other. But crime is more common in Western countries than in Islamic countries.

And I hope you do realize that the death sentence is still active in the US. Hell they'll send prisoners to many torture camps without trial with stuff like NDAA. That's as bad as the punishments in the Middle East. Hell, Guantanamo and Al Gharib.... ASSDDHFKDHA

Furthermore, arabs are anti-semetic not due to islam but because of their culture.

And I'm probably not gonna bother responding to any other posts since I've already explained them in my posts before.

Scratch my previous argument about arab's being Bigots, the people posting here are too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The place is way way behind Europe and the US, theres no denying it.

If it is so fantastic there wouldnt millions of pakistanis who have come to live in the West. They'd stay in Pakistan.

I mean come on why would anyone want to come to the freezing UK from a hot country? They come because where they live is in a mess and you know it.
    Well, overall the West does have a better standard of living. But where my family lives, I couldn't see a huge amount of difference from where I live now in Manchester. Just different shops, different clothes, different food. I had access to the internet, I did watch WWE wrestling over there on TV, had clean water and decent food. Oh and you could hear 5x call to prayer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They arnt aware no one in this country particularly wants them here, infact in areas where immigrants and such are housed (north west/east, midlands etc), a large majority of people wish they would get lost.

Its them, its them who hate the country and slag it off all the time. You never hear polish or chinese people or romanian people wingeing about how awful Western/British culture is.

Theres nothing more foul to us than foreigners who live here who dont appreciate the life it has given them whatsoever. They are so ignorant and bigoted its unbelievable.

They just cannot stand how rich, powerful and free the west is. Its pure jealously. You can tell from the feeble ways they attack like using the 15yo who killed his mum, as if thats whats happening around here all the time :rolleyes:

Of course, I'm sure in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia no woman has ever been murdered or hurt by a family member :rolleyes: Ridiculous.

wow don't you have a big mouth
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bey Taco)
    Okay so a group of people of muslim background were quizzed on what they think is and isnt accepted in Islam and you have given us the results by age group. If a group of Christians were quizzed on what muslims can and cannot do in islam you might find a similar trend. These people might not think it but all this questionare does is prove how much each group knows about Islam compared to the other one as each of those questions have a right and wrong answer in the Qur'an. As a agnostic of Muslim background, I can say that had I been asked the question, can a muslim marry a non muslim, my answer would have been a 'no', not meaning that I think it is wrong but what I think the Muslims can and cannot do according to their religion.
    "Homosexuality is wrong and should be illegal'. If you agree with this then you do think it is wrong. If you are a Muslim and 'according to Islam' you think it is wrong then you are forced to believe it is actually wrong.

Overall, this questionare is ****ed up to ****ing cuckoodoo land. Sort yourselves out people.
    No it isn't. It is an important survey and these things need to be known.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The actual hijab isn't a norm in Pakistani culture. :erm:

But my Mum does cover her hair now thanks to seeing Muslim girls at university here doing the same coupled with having a few grey hairs.
    you said that whilst over there you cover up to respect local customs.

do you do the same when in britain? respect local customs?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, overall the West does have a better standard of living. But where my family lives, I couldn't see a huge amount of difference from where I live now in Manchester. Just different shops, different clothes, different food. I had access to the internet, I did watch WWE wrestling over there on TV, had clean water and decent food. Oh and you could hear 5x call to prayer.
    Pakistani is actually quite advanced and half decent in some places, I know that.

In general though, what about Mauritania, Yemen, and Saudi Arabia, or Somalia?

All muslim countries and all cancers of the earth. I mean, the slave trade is still heavily active in Mauritania like it was when Muhammed was alive, as well as FGM.

What planet are these people on?

Oh, thats it, the Islamic one.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloodrazor)
    No, I wouldn't say that necessarily. There are many things wrong with Arab and pseudo-islamic culture. There is blatant racism; Shi'a and Sunni muslims are extremely racist towards each other, with violence escalating in the middle east. Furthermore, Ahmadiyya and other small denominations of Islam are being unjustly persecuted for their allegiance. And the final one is the anti-semitism of the Arab nations. I mean there is mutual racism between Israelites and Arabs, however this is an escalating problem and many people have died because of this.

Arabs in general are bigots, and the other muslim societies tend to have either some inhumane dictatorship or they have unmerciful Shari'a law.

lol you deserve thee biggest idiot of the year award. there is no racism in muslim countries.plus the arabs might be anti-semetic but even they can't beat europes anti-semitism which saw the death of 6 million jews.

you seem to have a proplem with asians. now i myself don't like their culture but it is not my place to say something about it.

p.s are you black

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.