Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Young British Muslims more conservative than their elders?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    That's not the case. You don't think us having gay rights etc is just, do you?
    Nope. I already spoke about with Chloe in respect to alcohol. But overall, yes I do feel the West is a lot more just & merciful compared to the rest of the world (albeit its foreign policy).

You take advantage of our liberalism, the liberal elite are too naiive to see this because of their worldview in which non-westerners are less responsible for their actions.

I mean don't worry, you're winning, it's the English people that are having their country quite literally taken from them. Just saying maybe remember that we were largely gentle simpletons when we are in the minority in the coming years. Please. lol.
    If you feel that way, go produce/encourage more Western babies then. Win hearts and minds about the growing threat posed to you by me and other non-Westerners, "we're all onto you and set out to harm and oppress you and your family AAAAAAHHHHH, they will come with pitchforks soon :horse:!" style of rhetoric etc...

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)
    Nope. I already spoke about with Chloe in respect to alcohol. But overall, yes I do feel the West is a lot more just & merciful compared to the rest of the world (albeit its foreign policy).

If you feel that way, go produce/encourage more Western babies then. Win hearts and minds about the growing threat posed to you by me and other non-Westerners, "we're all onto you and set out to harm and oppress you and your family AAAAAAHHHHH, they will come with pitchforks soon :horse:!" style of rhetoric etc...

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
    You support gay rights? Gay marriage?

Well, it's evident that you don't like us, you haven't got any respect for our culture or way of life. Why wouldn't we be worried? Most racist attacks are against white people.

I fail to see how I'm going to convince anyone to increase their birth rates, people are far too apathetic.

I know. Britain must be a really exciting place for a young non-british person. Things can only get better.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You support gay rights? Gay marriage?
    No.
    Well, it's evident that you don't like us, you haven't got any respect for our culture or way of life. Why wouldn't we be worried? Most racist attacks are against white people.

I fail to see how I'm going to convince anyone to increase their birth rates, people are far too apathetic.

I know. Britain must be a really exciting place for a young non-british person. Things can only get better.
    I don't respect any culture at present. I want to choose my way of life, I respect some parts of your way of life and not others but the ultimate decision to live how I want to live is upto me. Why shouldn't it be?

I do and will continue to care and respect Non-Muslim individuals because I would like the same back and to inspire my faith. Racism is bad.

It is indeed an exciting place. If you don't like it, you know where to go...?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.

I don't respect any culture at present. I want to choose my way of life, I respect some parts of your way of life and not others but the ultimate decision to live how I want to live is upto me. Why shouldn't it be?

I do and will continue to care and respect Non-Muslim individuals because I would like the same back and to inspire my faith. Racism is bad.

It is indeed an exciting place. If you don't like it, you know where to go...?
    So your perception of just and merciful is flawed. You would persecute gays due to your religious bias.

What if non-muslims do not respect your religion?

I literally don't know where to go. I'm English, If I become a minority in England, where can I go? apart from hell when I die? lol
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    So your perception of just and merciful is flawed. You would persecute gays due to your religious bias.

I literally don't know where to go. I'm English, If I become a minority in England, where can I go? apart from hell when I die? lol

Should you be living in Wales then, by your logic i mean?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indo-Chinese Food)
    Should you be living in Wales then, by your logic i mean?
    what do you mean? I go to uni in wales.

ohhh I get what you're saying. yeah sure I actually learn welsh and appreciate welsh culture, I have done some celtic studies in my spare time. Also I'm not imposing my englishness on anyone, people can tell me what they like and don't like about english people and we get along after being able to talk about these things. welsh people aren't projected to become a minority in wales for a while longer than english people anyway. they've still got some time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll repeat it again, I don't characterise my faith to be rule-based. You have inspire others towards it first and then you submit to God's will. It doesn't make logical sense to submit to God, if you don't believe in it. CofE is trying that at the moment, see the unsurprising backlash it is acquiring. Foolish. Islam believes that Allah does not burden a soul for more than they can bear. To be entirely consistent with doctrine, it can be overcome, just like any other sin.

I'll carry on respecting them.

I literally don't know where to go. I'm English, If I become a minority in England, where can I go?
    You guys have overrun Spain, parts of France, Thailand, Dubai etc? That's where.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll repeat it again, I don't characterise my faith to be rule-based. You have inspire others towards it first and then you submit to God's will. It doesn't make logical sense to submit to God, if you don't believe in it. CofE is trying that at the moment, see the unsurprising backlash it is acquiring. Foolish. Islam believes that Allah does not burden a soul for more than they can bear. To be entirely consistent with doctrine, it can be overcome, just like any other sin.

I'll carry on respecting them.

You guys have overrun Spain, parts of France, Thailand, Dubai etc? That's where.
    ..leave my homeland? but you are able to go back to a homeland. I can't. I actually like england and want to stay. The countryside etc. I don't want to leave that.
    • 86 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zangoose)
    Good day Sir,

I couldn't help but notice your username and display picture. Would I be correct in assuming you are a Facejacker/Fonejacker fanatic?
    I wouldn't say that I'm a fanatic, but yeah I do like the show. Also, I have de monies

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean? I go to uni in wales.

ohhh I get what you're saying. yeah sure I actually learn welsh and appreciate welsh culture, I have done some celtic studies in my spare time. Also I'm not imposing my englishness on anyone, people can tell me what they like and don't like about english people and we get along after being able to talk about these things. welsh people aren't projected to become a minority in wales for a while longer than english people anyway. they've still got some time.
    Depend who you ask there(my g/f is from wales) SOme welsh people already think english influence and migrants are too many in wales, and already the use of the welsh language has dwindled to about 5% and 95% english.
    I supposse you could say the same thing about New zealand, where the mauri are already a minority there. But new zelanders accept they live ina multicultural country.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=joey11223;37031664]Stumbled upon a few reports by independent think tanks on differing cultural views and It was interesting to see that in surveys the 16-24 age group of Muslims seem the most conservative, or at least more approving of certain aspects of Sharia law, then older generations.

http://dvmx.com/British_Muslim_Youth.pdf (report I've just read here, there are other surveys too.)

Just a few selected questions and comparisons..

"The following is a list of laws that are defined in most scholarly
    interpretations of sharia law. Please say if you personally agree or
    disagree with the law mentioned..."

1) That a Muslim woman may not marry a non-Muslim:

16-24: 56% agree

45-54: 40% agree

2) That Muslim conversion is forbidden and punishable by death:

16-24: 36% agree

45+ (covers two age brackets, 45-54 and 55+): 19% agree

3) That homosexuality is wrong and should be illegal:

16-24: 71% agree

45-54: 54% agree

55+: 50% agree

Just wondering why this is the case? I would have assumed that being born and growing up with a Western influence, over their parents and grandparents who may have immigrated here, todays Muslim youth would actually be more liberal then previous generations, yet the opposite appears true?[/QUOT

Firstly I am a muslim.

My answers to the above questions are:

1) Agree. It is written in the Qur'an it is forbidden. End of
    2) Dont get what this says? ~Is this converting away from Islam? Well its forbidden but I don't think should be punnished by death, as they will suffer on the day of judgement.
    3) Add "and should carry the death penalty". Then I totally agree
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mortaz786)
    Firstly I am a muslim.

My answers to the above questions are:

1) Agree. It is written in the Qur'an it is forbidden. End of
    2) Dont get what this says? ~Is this converting away from Islam? Well its forbidden but I don't think should be punnished by death, as they will suffer on the day of judgement.
    3) Add "and should carry the death penalty". Then I totally agree
    Why do you think homosexuality should carry the death penalty?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    Well if I found myself in a position where I had to move continents to find a job, I'd be pretty pissed off with the government and would want to dissociate myself from them as much as possible, and I can't see why Pakistanis wouldn't either.
    thats rather stupid and naive to think so isn't it..... there are plenty of "patriotic" and "indigenous" brits who are really pissed off at past and present british governments but would never dissociate themselves from their nation, culture, hertiage, religion etc . . . . . don't see pakistanis any different.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    Why do you think homosexuality should carry the death penalty?

Well I'm muslim and have been brought up beliving it is wrong..

plus the idea of it makes me want to throw up.....
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:

Why is homosexuality so evil that you agree that it deserves the death penalty?
    Does it harm you in any way?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why is it wrong?

Argument from disgust is a fallacy.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes and that's fair enough, but it doesn't mean you can kill people for it. There are lots of people who think Muslims are evil etc and they should be killed. Is that ok too?

Well tbh I find your ideas sickening too but I wouldn't kill you for them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    Why is homosexuality so evil that you agree that it deserves the death penalty?
    Does it harm you in any way?
    It doesn't harm me in anyway but I just find it morally wrong.

Also Gays having kids makes me feel sooo sorry for the kid....

What will he say at school when people ask him "how your mum?"
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mirpuri_Freshie)
    Bro u dnt even kno wat ya on bout, jst shut up innit yh
    Innit doh blud. Gimme touch Cuz ya get me, Fam. Mirpur represent.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Well I'm Atheist and I've been brought up to accept different sexual orientations exist.

The idea of killing two men because they love one another romantically, not out of choice but because of innate sexuality, makes me want to throw up.

So if we use the same logic that you can decide someone deserves to die because the idea of their activities sicken you. I should be able to say people with your views deserve the death penalty since they sicken me.

Weighing the two, the world would be better off without humans that think as you do with divisive, discriminatory and hateful (one must truly hate something to wish death to someone for it) thinking. Obviously it's down to the religion though and one day it'll be a distant memory like all other religions are...lost to the sands of time like those that have come before it.

..I don't quite think what you've said has sunk in. Homosexuality deserves a death sentence..wow...fascinating stuff.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.