The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I always see photos of people wearing shirts and polo shirts with the top button done up, but I have never once met one of these people in real life. I wonder who they are? I guess they must be kept in a big hospital together and only let out for photo shoots.
I personally do , it adds to my geeky look and gives people the impression that I'm really clever :cool:
Never do mine up under any circumstances.

I'll undo two on a night out/informal occasion, for work/wearing ties/formal events etc i'll just have the top undone.

Original post by py0alb
I always see photos of people wearing shirts and polo shirts with the top button done up, but I have never once met one of these people in real life. I wonder who they are? I guess they must be kept in a big hospital together and only let out for photo shoots.

Everyone does it here, seems to be a trend these days. Looks stupid if you ask me!
If wearing a tie, yes.

Otherwise, no. I'm not retarded.
Reply 24
only when wearing a tie.

I find it strange that kids in school undo their top button and untuck their shirt then go and put on a casual shirt yet tuck it in and do the top button up :confused:
Reply 25
Sometimes, sometimes not. I t depends on what I feel like haha
What's a short sleeved shirt?

The only time I'd ever have the top two done up is with a tie.
No. I sometimes don't do my top button even if I'm wearing a tie. But I tighten my tie just high enough to stop anyone noticing that my top button is undone, so there you go.

I'll probably do up my top button when I want to look extra smart and presentable, like for an interview or something.
Original post by concubine
What's a short sleeved shirt?

The only time I'd ever have the top two done up is with a tie.

How about typing 'short sleeved shirt' into google images to see it for yourself?

I'm still shocked you don't what it is though.
Reply 29
No I'm not a ****, i will do if im wearing a tie/Bowtie but if its a casual shirt i think it looks stupid having the top button done up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Why not do a Simon Cowell?

Answer to your question - no, I don't.

My eyes! :nooo:
Original post by Ice Constricter
How about typing 'short sleeved shirt' into google images to see it for yourself?

I'm still shocked you don't what it is though.

Usually the top one is unbuttoned, but sometimes I'll button it if it looks nicer, which isn't common.
Yes because I am a sir.
It depends on the shirt, some casual shirts can look good with the top button done up.
Original post by concubine

:redface:
I don't wear shirts but still... think that buttoned up is a bit meh.
Reply 37
I just leave the top button undone and nothing else. I find it uncomfortable with it done up anyway
As said by someone above, it depends on the shirt. If it's a really nice shirt that actually looks better done up, then yea. But some shirts don't even have equally cut collars these days so not one those.

Unless it's too warm then no, and polo shirts god no!
The first two undone.

Latest

Trending

Trending