The Student Room Group

Does anyone here lead a double life???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 99luft Balons
it must be fun tho having a secret bf?like the thrill of having a secret relationship?the enigma

Not really lol. In a sense, even though I do sorta have a secret life it doesn't feel that way because I don't live at home, so I'm not sneaking around or anything.

if your dad find out will your bf be in danger?

No not at all lol, only my marital status :wink:

I just don't want them knowing as they'll say "oh you've been dating for 2 years now, you know eachother well enough you may as well get married!". Firstly neither of us are ready for that, and I want to get married after uni so I can pay for my wedding and try and have some influence on it :smile:

i think my aunt lives a double life.she is a law-abiding woman in her 50s but has another “self” who shoplifts :colone:

Oh dear lol, now that's what I'd call living a double life!
Original post by Mr Fish
Do not get me wrong but from your post I could tell that you were in fact under 18/still in college and that you hadn't begun University yet. I think as you are still under/in your parents 'bubble' and you aren't in your own true personal life, you wont understand the premise of a double life. Assuming you move away from home for university, I guarantee you that the world as you perceive will change as you find your 'own' life, and not the world set out by your parents. Very difficult to explain till you get to uni yourself (maybe reply to this again in 2 years time hehe) but your double life will most probably begin as your new life forms, you will find it very different to your home one....

Uni isn't the only thing that could trigger a double life. For example, when I was 13yo I know of other 13yo boys and girls who started leading double lives (and still do) because of what culture and religion prevented them from doing in front of their parents.

My world hasn't been set out by my parents. I choose to stay in the bubble I've created at home because I'm safer here. Like I said before, I've seen what leading a double life can do to people and thier families and I don't want that for myself or my family. Unlike a lot of other people, a double life is not for me. I know what the benefits are in certain situations, but what might benefit other people won't benefit me. If it was up to me I'd be a hermit lol.
Original post by Ayshizzle
Do you ever question your parents? Just our of interest :smile:

Now and again - only when I know for a fact that they're wrong. But it's stupid little things like my mum thinking that drinking water makes you fat lol. She thinks feeling bloated makes you fat. I've told her time and time again that it doesn't but she just doesn't wanna know. She also thinks eating rice and curry will make you lose weight because for a 49yo Bengali mother, my mum is pretty thin (size 12) but that's because she moves a lot and has been working for over 25 years! But again, she just doesn't wanna listen lol

I rarely get extremely pissed off at my mum because 85% of the time I know she's wrong about whatever we're arguing about so I keep myself calm coz I know losing my temper will just be a waste of time (when I lose my temper I need hours before I can calm down again) so I just start laughing at both of us for having the argument and just walk away lol
Reply 83
Forget double or triple even. Its several. Home>Me>Me on a night out>and then with the whole different friends groups.
yes uni me and home me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending