The Student Room Group

Can someone give me a run down on MBAs etc please

I've looked at a few and they are like 30,000-50,000+ are they all this price?

What is the general entry requirements? I've seen min3year work experience and a degree.

What type of work experience and what type of degree?

Do employers sponsor you or do most pay the full fee themselves?

Anything else of relevance please state, thanks
Reply 1
Normally the better career prospect the expensive the programme.
In US you can go with just an internship to many reputed MBAs but it seems like in UK you need at least 3 years.
WE: Leadership demostrated.
Degrees: Doesn't matter, you just have to take GMAT to see if you can manage basic level of analytical issues.
Some employers could be be your sponsor but you would have to be a rising star in your team.

MBA adcoms love 3 things: Leadership, Leadership, Leadership......they want to see that in your cv, no matter if it was in college as a president of student union.
Reply 2
Original post by Econla
Normally the better career prospect the expensive the programme.
In US you can go with just an internship to many reputed MBAs but it seems like in UK you need at least 3 years.
WE: Leadership demostrated.
Degrees: Doesn't matter, you just have to take GMAT to see if you can manage basic level of analytical issues.
Some employers could be be your sponsor but you would have to be a rising star in your team.

MBA adcoms love 3 things: Leadership, Leadership, Leadership......they want to see that in your cv, no matter if it was in college as a president of student union.

The majority of MBA students, would the be sponsored or would they have funded themselves?

Would the MBA tend to be the first postgrad. course they go on? Or would most already have MSc etc in the like of finance etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending