Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Beans on toast - cooking disasters!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Recently I went round my brothers and he left me to babysit his eldest son (my nephew) because he had to go out to get something. I decided to do myself some beans on toast but first of all buttered the bread before i put it in the toaster, then decided to try and open the can of beans with a tin opener (which had a ring pull on it) which i broke! Then i went to use the electric hob, but the beans weren't cooking! When my brother came back i said to him 'my beans are taking a long time to cook!' To which he replies with nothing and leans over to the wall and turns the hob on aha :L he is now mocking me for trying to cook beans without the hob being on has anyone else had disasters in the kitchen ?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshohill)
    Recently I went round my brothers and he left me to babysit his eldest son (my nephew) because he had to go out to get something. I decided to do myself some beans on toast but first of all buttered the bread before i put it in the toaster, then decided to try and open the can of beans with a tin opener (which had a ring pull on it) which i broke! Then i went to use the electric hob, but the beans weren't cooking! When my brother came back i said to him 'my beans are taking a long time to cook!' To which he replies with nothing and leans over to the wall and turns the hob on aha :L he is now mocking me for trying to cook beans without the hob being on has anyone else had disasters in the kitchen ?
    Wow, you are a failure!

Once I put butter in the microwave with the wrapper on and it caught fire :facepalm:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlNextDoor)
    Once I put butter in the microwave with the wrapper on and it caught fire :facepalm:
    Haha this happened to me once when my friend and I tried to bake a cake and the butter was brick hard! I screamed... :rolleyes:
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfergs)
    Haha this happened to me once when my friend and I tried to bake a cake and the butter was brick hard! I screamed... :rolleyes:
    Gotta admit, it was pretty funny :rolleyes:

I have also left the gas hob on (very low flame) and forgot it was on and put a bag of grated cheese on it :facepalm: Thank God my nose wasn't blocked that day!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I once cooked my pasta for 45 minutes (because I had forgotten all about them), when I went into the kitchen it was full of smoke, all the pasta had turned into coal :s

And today when I got back from work I noticed I had left my hob on, unattended, for about 3hours - I can't believe I did that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know somebody who cooked a pizza with the plastic on, in the oven. :facepalm:

This is probably the biggest fail ever, though :teehee:
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Someone-Like-You-)
    Did they complain about the plasticky taste? :rolleyes:

LOL :lol:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mr Beans
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really can't believe you failed to make beans on toast. :rofl:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I once accidently put something in the microwave for 10 mins that was only meant to be on for 3. It set alight
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've had cooking disasters at school- put my icing sugar into the cake mix thinking it was another bag of sugar.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow you are seriously retarded OP, no offence intended but wow. That is an incredible fail, who can't cook beans on toast? Were you on crack?

I once put a magnum in the microwave with the wrapper on to take the frost off of it, it made loads of sparks and the wrapper fused to the magnum. Even worse, when I peeled the wrapper off it was still frosty.

Aside from that, not a great deal of disasters, minor things, oversalting, underspicing. All the little things you learn in the first few years.
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megaross)
    Wow you are seriously retarded OP, no offence intended but wow. That is an incredible fail, who can't cook beans on toast? Were you on crack?

I once put a magnum in the microwave with the wrapper on to take the frost off of it, it made loads of sparks and the wrapper fused to the magnum. Even worse, when I peeled the wrapper off it was still frosty.

Aside from that, not a great deal of disasters, minor things, oversalting, underspicing. All the little things you learn in the first few years.
    I would find it hard because I really can't cook anything-so bad at Cooking and practical stuff:rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I would find it hard because I really can't cook anything-so bad at Cooking and practical stuff:rolleyes:
    I genuinely don't get how some people are such bad cooks, maybe it's because I've been cooking from such a young age.

Last time I messed something up it was rice and thats because I was using a dreadful pan from wilkos on a gas hob. Very uneven heat distribution so it burned a small ring of rice to the pan. It was otherwise good though.

It's just the fact beans on toast is foolproof though.
    Put bread in toaster or under grill, toast until desired doneness. Butter.
    Open a can of beans and either cook on the hob or microwave til hot, pour on toast. Season and done. It's the easiest damn recipe in the world, a 2 year old could do it.
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megaross)
    I genuinely don't get how some people are such bad cooks, maybe it's because I've been cooking from such a young age.

Last time I messed something up it was rice and thats because I was using a dreadful pan from wilkos on a gas hob. Very uneven heat distribution so it burned a small ring of rice to the pan. It was otherwise good though.

It's just the fact beans on toast is foolproof though.
    Put bread in toaster or under grill, toast until desired doneness. Butter.
    Open a can of beans and either cook on the hob or microwave til hot, pour on toast. Season and done. It's the easiest damn recipe in the world, a 2 year old could do it.
    How would you know when it is hot and how do you season?and Butter+Beans=Disaster
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    How would you know when it is hot and how do you season?and Butter+Beans=Disaster
    Are you not capable of judging temperature or following the instructions on the side of a tin?
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Are you not capable of judging temperature or following the instructions on the side of a tin?
    I can't follow the instructions on the side of the tin-I'm not being sarcastic either.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how some people can be so incapable. :facepalm2:

I'm no expert in the kitchen, but I can certainly cook a wide range of meals without too much effort. Not even being able to cook beans on toast is ridiculous.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

LOL! oh my god, I was thinking he had just brought a pizza base and not realised. What a ****, I can't believe how nice that asda phone man was being, I would have just laughed at him intill I wet myself.
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGirlNextDoor)
    :eek:

So how did you put the fire out!?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 3, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.