Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Can you solve this ??

Announcements Posted on
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    I suspect she's talking about this prophecy in the Qur'an about some pharaoh.
    Am I correct in guessing this prophecy is extremely ambiguous and could potentially be linked to any number of pharaohs at any point of time in egyptian history?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Am I correct in guessing this prophecy is extremely ambiguous and could potentially be linked to any number of pharaohs at any point of time in egyptian history?
    Hmm, I must say it must be a massive coincidence, that the Qur'an mentioned that "Today we will preserve your body so you can be a Sign for people who come after you", and that the body was discovered in 1897, only one. It is amazing that a body could have been preserved for so long by any standards.
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulexk)
    Hmm, I must say it must be a massive coincidence, that the Qur'an mentioned that "Today we will preserve your body so you can be a Sign for people who come after you", and that the body was discovered in 1897, only one. It is amazing that a body could have been preserved for so long by any standards.
    Seriously, that's it?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    There was a huge conversation on here about this the other day. Which pharaoh are you on about?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Erm just a quick point.... many bodies have been well preserved through history.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amime)
    Erm just a quick point.... many bodies have been well preserved through history.
    Hmm, that is astonishing. To think a body (or bodies) can be preserved for thousands of years. However how do we know whether it were a hundred years or thousands of years?(I understand they use carbon dating).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What criteria can we use to recognise whether certain historical accounts are true or not?
    • 102 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, that is astonishing. To think a body (or bodies) can be preserved for thousands of years. However how do we know whether it were a hundred years or thousands of years?(I understand they use carbon dating).
    If you know how they determine the age of a body, why are you asking how they determine the age of a body? :facepalm2:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    If you know how they determine the age of a body, why are you asking how they determine the age of a body? :facepalm2:
    It is possible that they may use other techniques.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not really that astonishing. It's called mummification, It is well documented on how it is done, and has even been repeated with a man I believe called 'Dave' who died about a year or two ago and the results of the body so far look really promising. We can tell the bodies age through various dating methods.

edit: The man was called Alan not Dave lol...

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/m...ts-last-secret

Another way of determining the age is looking at how old the tomb is that they were buried in I presume.

Here is the head of King tut...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Yeah, think we were all arguing about it on the ex- Muslims thread the other day. Not sure if you saw it. We ended up coming to the conclusion that this mysterious pharaoh hasn't been found yet, or that it's not a miracle and is just describing a mummified pharaoh of which there are a fair few.

Haven't you heard of mummification before?! It was an extremely common and well- known practice among the ancient Egyptians. And there wasn't just one found- there's been loads.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member910132)
    I don't know about you, but in my life I am considering all mainstream religions, not these one's people make up to support an argument (a religion/God whose sole purpose is to punish Muslim's)
    the point is no religion can provide any real evidence that their god exists, if they could then everyone would follow that religion. The concepts of gods people make up for an argument have the same possibility of being true as the gods proposed by mainstream religions because neither has any evidence supporting the idea. Simply having a lot of people believe it isn't proof of anything, if you want to join a religion because you like the teachings, think it will better your life or for cultural reasons then that's your choice but joining one simply because you are trying to cover all bases so to speak makes no logical sense since even if we consider there is a god we have absolutely no way of knowing what its personality is like and who it will choose if anyone to take to an afterlife.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can you make such a claim when you consider the history of mankind over the last 16 centuries?
    I think some elaboration is required?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the biggest problem with Pascal's Wager (which isn't usually the first that people think of) is that belief isn't something you choose. It's just a result of whatever appears to be the case.

For example: I believe that there are clothes in my wardrobe, because they were there last time I checked.
    I can't just voluntarily decide to believe that there are no longer clothes in my wardrobe. I can promise to say that they're gone, sure. But I can't actually believe that they're gone, out of choice. If I opened up the wardrobe and saw they weren't there, then I'd be forced to believe they were gone, and I wouldn't be able to believe otherwise.

The Muslim the OP is talking about appears to have the wrong idea about what Islam commands with regards to belief anyway.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 7, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.