The Student Room Group

Why are most people rushing into things?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jblackmoustache
I'd hate to have a woman in my yard telling me what to do and what the place will look like, etc.

Wtf?!

Anyway, I think things are probably equal. The women who stay at work till they're 30 ish are hardly going to be posting pictures of their work on facebook but of course married woman and mothers are going to be posting photos of their hubbies/babies.

I don't think it's bad that people are married in their 20s, I mean think what it was like in the 1920s, 1930s - it was expected that you settle down quickly, even in traditional/more religious families it's still kinda expected. It's up to them really.
Reply 41
Original post by The_Jammy_Witch
As far as I can see (and admittedy I haven't gone through this thread with a fine-tooth comb), all anyone has said to sheepy equates to

'give it up, you loser.'

Is enough to make anyone defensive. Sheepy, you just do whatever you think is for the best, because as much as the 17-24 age gap WOULD raise eyebrows (and understandably so), you've stuck with it and it is therefore utterly irrelevant now.

She's a bit of a repeat (annoying, rude) offender around these parts. I do agree that change isn't the end of a relationship, but statistics are also heavily against relationships that start when one or both of the participants are teenagers. I think we'd all be a lot more convinced that she was going to have a successful marriage if her attitude wasn't that of a spoiled kid throwing her toys out of the pram whenever anyone says something as inoffensive (and true) as, "only 20? Bit young to marry, people change quite dramatically during their 20s".
Original post by Dark Horse
No relationships will be had. I'm still a 22-year-old boy.

But yes I know many women around here who could be described as "man traps".

That awkward moment when Dark 'generic self-congratulatory username' Horse pretends that his not having a relationship with a girl is a choice.
Reply 43
Original post by The_Jammy_Witch
That awkward moment when Dark 'generic self-congratulatory username' Horse pretends that his not having a relationship with a girl is a choice.

What are you implying, my friend? :smile:
Reply 44
I'm with you. Went out with my 'home friends' t'other day and they're talking moving in together, marriage and mortagages. I'm 20 for goodness sake, I have the rest of my life to have those things, right now I have ambitions and dreams! I don't want a long-term partner now because I'd have to compromise on things I want to do: ie move to a different city, work abroad etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending