Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of my singing voice? cover of 'Free Fallin' by Tom Petty/John Mayer

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Me singing the song mentioned in the title, what do you think? Btw the 'drumming' and 'guitar noises' are done by me too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQR9u...ature=youtu.be
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebeast89)
    Me singing the song mentioned in the title, what do you think? Btw the 'drumming' and 'guitar noises' are done by me too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQR9u...By5bphhHrtaaM= Thisis the link
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've not listened to it yet, I will after I post this - but I am a HUGE Tom Petty fan (with Free Fallin' being in my top three) so you best not insult the music :p:

EDIT: :mad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather listen to Justin bieber than listen to that again
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_23)
    I'd rather listen to Justin bieber than listen to that again
    Ok Thank you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ok Thank you
    Might be better if you got a better mic
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't really tell at all because the recording is so so bad. Take a better recording and post again!

Use a backing track instead of making your own 'guitar noises'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchdd02)
    I can't really tell at all because the recording is so so bad. Take a better recording and post again!

Use a backing track instead of making your own 'guitar noises'.
    The problem is the mic on my laptop isn't working so I have to record it on my phone mic and then upload it
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The problem is the mic on my laptop isn't working so I have to record it on my phone mic and then upload it
    Yeah, I can tell.

That's no good if you want people to really hear what your voice sounds like.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    You really could do with a backing track, or if you know someone with some audio know-how, edit the vocals out of the original.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletchdd02)
    Yeah, I can tell.

That's no good if you want people to really hear what your voice sounds like.
    Alright then, what about this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSK9iH0uMHA
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alright then, what about this one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSK9iH0uMHA
    Hi,
    First of all thank you for posting a video of your singing. It can be difficult to get that feedback and so I applaud you on doing that. You have quite a nasally voice from what I can hear and so you need to try to take steps to minimise the effect of that coming across in your singing. Certainly singing in a lower key may help you in this respect or alternatively singing from the diaphragm a little more. The singing apart from that was good. You seem to be singing at the top or near the top of your range so you may want to look to perform future covers which are mostly in the comfortable part of your range. Pronunciation is good, but make sure that all last consonants are heard and emphasised just so we can understand especially when you are singing quite quietly.

It's good, but by looking for songs which are within your range more, you can show off your talent a lot more.

I look forward to listening to your future work,

toronto353
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Hi,
    First of all thank you for posting a video of your singing. It can be difficult to get that feedback and so I applaud you on doing that. You have quite a nasally voice from what I can hear and so you need to try to take steps to minimise the effect of that coming across in your singing. Certainly singing in a lower key may help you in this respect or alternatively singing from the diaphragm a little more. The singing apart from that was good. You seem to be singing at the top or near the top of your range so you may want to look to perform future covers which are mostly in the comfortable part of your range. Pronunciation is good, but make sure that all last consonants are heard and emphasised just so we can understand especially when you are singing quite quietly.

It's good, but by looking for songs which are within your range more, you can show off your talent a lot more.

I look forward to listening to your future work,

toronto353
    Thank you, that was really good, constructive feedback. I will be singing 'Piano Man' by Billy Joel next so hopefully that should fit my vocal range a bit better.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, that was really good, constructive feedback. I will be singing 'Piano Man' by Billy Joel next so hopefully that should fit my vocal range a bit better.
    You're welcome. I think that should definitely fit your vocal range a lot more. It's a great song. One of my favourites.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 7, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.