Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

should sex offenders be sterilized?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    Some people can beg to differ till the cows come home- looking from a rational, objective viewpoint, murder is the worst crime in society.

Ending someone's existence is exponentially worse than any emotional damage inflicted on a single victim of a sex crime, no matter how bad the sex crime may be. Nothing can be worse than killing another human being.
    and thats your opinion, not everyones though.
    if you ever get brutally raped we'll see how you stand on it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumsteele1)
    and thats your opinion, not everyones though.
    if you ever get brutally raped we'll see how you stand on it.
    lulz how is that evidence? brb going to ask the dead people what their opinion is on the matter.. oh no wait. for the very fact rape victims have an opinion and thought it is quite apparent murder is worse.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natchina)
    Yes. They should be sterilised The very least. Better to castrate though.

Compassion for evil is cruelty towards the innocent.
    What is the point of sterilising them?

Do you think they do it to reproduce?

If so, explain why.

If not, then what exactly is the point :lolwut:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    What is the point of sterilising them?

Do you think they do it to reproduce?

If so, explain why.

If not, then what exactly is the point :lolwut:

So they cannot pass on their degenerate genetics.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sconter)
    lulz how is that evidence? brb going to ask the dead people what their opinion is on the matter.. oh no wait. for the very fact rape victims have an opinion and thought it is quite apparent murder is worse.
    what are you talking about evidence? its an opinion some people hold you jackanape, not a hard boiled statistic.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    what are you talking about evidence? its an opinion some people hold you jackanape, not a hard boiled statistic.
    jackanape... just call me a **** throwing a thesaurus at me doesnt make you more intelligent.

i am asking how someone's opinion is proof or evidence, how if he got raped his opinion on the matter has any effect on the arguement. if someone thinks being raped is worse than murder they are retarded.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    jackanape... just call me a **** throwing a thesaurus at me doesnt make you more intelligent.

i am asking how someone's opinion is proof or evidence, how if he got raped his opinion on the matter has any effect on the arguement. if someone thinks being raped is worse than murder they are retarded.
    oh heaven forbid i know how to use the English language :O

do you even know what the argument is...? the fact some people would find dieing a more dignified end than having toi live with the physical and emotional scars of being brutally raped appears to be beyond you doesnt it? and lets be honest you undoubtedly have no idea what you're talking about do you? either way that is YOUR opinion and you have no right to bash others opinions just because you dont agree with them.
    take the girl who was raped in morocco recently and then topped herself, obviously she didnt think rape was so trivial as you did as she then committed suicide.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    oh heaven forbid i know how to use the English language :O

do you even know what the argument is...? the fact some people would find dieing a more dignified end than having toi live with the physical and emotional scars of being brutally raped appears to be beyond you doesnt it? and lets be honest you undoubtedly have no idea what you're talking about do you? either way that is YOUR opinion and you have no right to bash others opinions just because you dont agree with them.
    take the girl who was raped in morocco recently and then topped herself, obviously she didnt think rape was so trivial as you did as she then committed suicide.
    knowing how to use the english language and being needlessly verbose are two different things

im loathed to do it, but as i percieve that comment as sarcastic and arrogant... dying is spelt.. dying, there were numerous syntax and grammatical errors throughout too.

people commit suicide for countless non-reasons. im guessing as she's from morocco, is she muslim? hardly normal circumstances

dignity, is a stupid thing. having your sex tape released would be less dignified than being raped, as diginity is all about other people perceptions. noone blames you for being raped, and none saw it. the only loss in dignity is with the rapist. which is why if you would rather die than live in an 'undignified' way you are stupid, as you care more about how you are percieved rather than your own life.

and elaborate on i dont know what im talking about, please.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    knowing how to use the english language and being needlessly verbose are two different things

im loathed to do it, but as i percieve that comment as sarcastic and arrogant... dying is spelt.. dying, there were numerous syntax and grammatical errors throughout too.

people commit suicide for countless non-reasons. im guessing as she's from morocco, is she muslim? hardly normal circumstances

dignity, is a stupid thing. having your sex tape released would be less dignified than being raped, as diginity is all about other people perceptions. noone blames you for being raped, and none saw it. the only loss in dignity is with the rapist. which is why if you would rather die than live in an 'undignified' way you are stupid, as you care more about how you are percieved rather than your own life.

and elaborate on i dont know what im talking about, please.
    how is calling you a jackanape being verbose? its choosing not to be crass and call you a **** as you so eloquently suggested..
    yes that would be called dyslexia..
    naturally, none the less that is just one example that recieved a fair amount of news coverege lately.
    http://www.suicide.org/rape-victims-...o-suicide.html you think rape is so trivial have a look at that..

for countless non reasons? you think people chose to end their lives for 'non reasons'? do you have any idea how offensive that is?

people who are raped dont just loose their dignity what tosh are you talking about? if by dignity you mean the horrific invasion and disregard for their personal space/wellbeing and human rights then sure theyve lost their dignity but its not exactly something you can just flippantly disregard is it? and comparing it to having a sex tape released? i think your hyperbolizing a sex tape slightly ... considering they willingly had sex with said person and werent brutally assaulted at the same time [unless theyre a deviant] they arent really comparable..?

you dont know what youre talking about because your trivialising rape to the loss of mere dignity and comparing it to something like one night in paris which is abhorrent.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    how is calling you a jackanape being verbose? its choosing not to be crass and call you a **** as you so eloquently suggested..
    yes that would be called dyslexia..
    naturally, none the less that is just one example that recieved a fair amount of news coverege lately.
    http://www.suicide.org/rape-victims-...o-suicide.html you think rape is so trivial have a look at that..

for countless non reasons? you think people chose to end their lives for 'non reasons'? do you have any idea how offensive that is?

people who are raped dont just loose their dignity what tosh are you talking about? if by dignity you mean the horrific invasion and disregard for their personal space/wellbeing and human rights then sure theyve lost their dignity but its not exactly something you can just flippantly disregard is it? and comparing it to having a sex tape released? i think your hyperbolizing a sex tape slightly ... considering they willingly had sex with said person and werent brutally assaulted at the same time [unless theyre a deviant] they arent really comparable..?

you dont know what youre talking about because your trivialising rape to the loss of mere dignity and comparing it to something like one night in paris which is abhorrent.
    you are insulting someone, and you have a problem with being crass. ok.
    'naturally none the less'.. well that appalling english has nothing to do with dyslexia.
    soldiers are prone to suicide. doctors and farmers have high suicide rate. are we just throwing out facts?
    people do end their lives for non-reasons. just because you or someone else choose to take offense at something doenst mean it is offensive. rape it up there for some of the 'reasons' however i personally belive everything is a non-reason for suicide.

ok i'm going to try and decifer this:
    people who are raped dont just loose their dignity what tosh are you talking aboutno idea what you are talking about? if by dignity you mean the horrific invasion and disregard for their personal space/wellbeing and human rights then sure theyve lost their dignity but its not exactly something you can just flippantly disregard is it? and comparing it to having a sex tape released? i think your hyperbolizing a sex tape slightly ... considering they willingly had sex with said person and werent brutally assaulted at the same time [unless theyre a deviant] they arent really comparable..? well most of that lacked direction, but as you said sex is assault nothing more (don't get mad) and yes i said they lose dignity, but have already pointed out the flaws in caring about dignity. they have the same psychological issues as any assault (please pay close attention to my terminology here).. i have explained why there is a greater loss in dignity in having your sex tape released than being raped, as dignity is to do with people perceptions.

being raped is a lot worse than simply losing your dignity, and tbh you are triviaising rape by even commenting on it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you are insulting someone, and you have a problem with being crass. ok.
    'naturally none the less'.. well that appalling english has nothing to do with dyslexia.
    soldiers are prone to suicide. doctors and farmers have high suicide rate. are we just throwing out facts?
    people do end their lives for non-reasons. just because you or someone else choose to take offense at something doenst mean it is offensive. rape it up there for some of the 'reasons' however i personally belive everything is a non-reason for suicide.

ok i'm going to try and decifer this:
    people who are raped dont just loose their dignity what tosh are you talking aboutno idea what you are talking about? if by dignity you mean the horrific invasion and disregard for their personal space/wellbeing and human rights then sure theyve lost their dignity but its not exactly something you can just flippantly disregard is it? and comparing it to having a sex tape released? i think your hyperbolizing a sex tape slightly ... considering they willingly had sex with said person and werent brutally assaulted at the same time [unless theyre a deviant] they arent really comparable..? well most of that lacked direction, but as you said sex is assault nothing more (don't get mad) and yes i said they lose dignity, but have already pointed out the flaws in caring about dignity. they have the same psychological issues as any assault (please pay close attention to my terminology here).. i have explained why there is a greater loss in dignity in having your sex tape released than being raped, as dignity is to do with people perceptions.

being raped is a lot worse than simply losing your dignity, and tbh you are triviaising rape by even commenting on it.
    is the basis of your argument really just going to revolve around poor english?

no youre just attacking a straw man here, we're not talking about soldiers doctors or farmers we're talking about people who have been raped...

how can you compare rape to releasing a sex tape, i'm sorry i just cant get my head around this, they are not similar in any plausible way...
    what are you talking about sex is assault? sexual assault and rape are two different things darling ...
    people perceptions dont really factor in to rape that much though now do they? if someone beat the **** in to you in a dark ally then stuck his gentlemanly bits in you would you be walking around the next day giving a toss what anybody else thinks? i highly doubt it. youll be traumatized by the gross injustice that has been done to you that someone has assaulted and raped you and violated you in the most personal way.. not to be compared to your ex showing some people you and him having a jolly good time.

please stop saying the reasons for suicide dont exist.. you obviously have absolutly no idea why people would chose to end their lives do you? you think it would be an easy decision to do that? its something people turn to when theres nothing else they can possibly do with their lives and its the last option availible to them, please go up to the partner/child/parent of someone who just killed themselves and tell them the reason for said person killing themselves isnt actually a reason it was just them getting bored, see what they have to say about it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    is the basis of your argument really just going to revolve around poor english? make a comment at the begining and it is the basis of my arguement, interesting understanding

no youre just attacking a straw man here, we're not talking about soldiers doctors or farmers we're talking about people who have been raped...

how can you compare rape to releasing a sex tape, i'm sorry i just cant get my head around this, they are not similar in any plausible way... here is your problem, you arent very intelligent. anything can be compared. i am comparing them through loss in dignity, not severity. do you not understand english? i am pointing out dignity is a stupid thing to care about, and killing yourself because it is more dignified is moronic
    what are you talking about sex is assault? sexual assault and rape are two different things darling ... darling? inb4 im raped. rape is a form of sexual assault, champ
    people perceptions dont really factor in to rape that much though now do they? if someone beat the **** in to you in a dark ally then stuck his gentlemanly bits in you would you be walking around the next day giving a toss what anybody else thinks? i highly doubt it. youll be traumatized by the gross injustice that has been done to you that someone has assaulted and raped you and violated you in the most personal way.. not to be compared to your ex showing some people you and him having a jolly good time. exactly my point

please stop saying the reasons for suicide dont existwut?.. you obviously have absolutly no idea why people would chose to end their lives do you? you think it would be an easy decision to do that? its something people turn to when theres nothing else they can possibly do with their lives and its the last option availible to themorly? as opposed to living maybe, please go up to the partner/child/parent of someone who just killed themselves and tell them the reason for said person killing themselves isnt actually a reason it was just them getting bored, see what they have to say about it. you seem to be missing the entire points im making and then focussing on something i dont really say... and in response to this, my problem is with the ****er than killed themselves with complete disregard of their family, why would i make them feel worse on top of what that **** has done?
    work on your reading comprehension
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    work on your reading comprehension
    yet no one here said they committed suicide through loss of dignity youre simply lyeing to prove a stupid point..

sexual assault is a broad catagory, rape is very specific. look it up 'champ'.

whats your point...?

you really are a narrow minded little person arent you. i bet if someone you know shot himself youd be singing a very, very different tune right now. take the man who recently blew his head across the greek parliament steps, did he have another option? no money no future? no he genuinly believed he couldnt go on anymore. or lets take another example someone with terminal cancer living in excruiating pain knowing theyre going to die soon anyway do you think if they decide to end their life thats an easy decision and just for ****ing giggles? no.

your points? youve so far said rape is no worse than a sex tape and is generally speaking not a particularly serious crime at all, youve said people who commit suicide are weak and do it for purely selfish reasons and should be condemned for it ... need i carry on?

you think someone who has gone through one of the most traumatic experiences possible is going to be thinking solely about everyone around them and not themselves? please give it a rest and stop being so high and bloody mighty. what youre saying is unbelievably ignorant and selfish it beggars belief. think on what you just said, think long and hard. now come back to me and tell me how wrong you were for calling suicidal people unilaterally selfish.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yet no one here said they committed suicide through loss of dignity youre simply lyeing to prove a stupid point..work on your reading comprehension.. you are the one that brought up dignity, i am responding

sexual assault is a broad catagory, rape is very specific. look it up 'champ'.work on your reading comprehension.. i said it was assault, you said sexual assault and rape are not the same thing, implying i was wrong, be specific on what you mean. i was right in saying rape is assault

whats your point...?

you really are a narrow minded little person arent you. i bet if someone you know shot himself youd be singing a very, very different tune right nowwork on your reading comprehension, i think it is quite apparent i am not narrow minded. take the man who recently blew his head across the greek parliament steps, did he have another option? no money no future? no he genuinly believed he couldnt go on anymore. or lets take another example someone with terminal cancer living in excruiating pain knowing theyre going to die soon anyway do you think if they decide to end their life thats an easy decision and just for ****ing giggles? no. [b] work on your reading comprehension.. this has nothing to do with our arguement you are bringing this up because i have found flaws in everything you have said.
    work on your reading comprehension.. i have never said they do it for giggles, ****ing giggles, or any other kind of giggles i have said there is no reason to kill yourself. remember this aregument is about murder being worse than rape, keep it on track bro.

your points? youve so far said rape is no worse than a sex tape and is generally speaking not a particularly serious crime at all, youve said people who commit suicide are weak and do it for purely selfish reasons and should be condemned for it ... need i carry on?work on your reading comprehension quiet catorgorically have said the exact opposite. i have said dignity (your original reason for saying rape was worse than murder) is ludicrous. the last thing is my belief, unless there is some psychiatric problem (inb4 rape, yes and ive said the issues stemming from rape are the same as any other assault, not the same severity nessisarily, but rape is generally worse than normal physical assault)

you think someone who has gone through one of the most traumatic experiences possible is going to be thinking solely about everyone around them and not themselves? please give it a rest and stop being so high and bloody mighty. guess what im going to say.. work on your reading comprehension. it is you who have said this by talking about dignity, in my last post, or the one before i clearly said the exact opposite. what youre saying is unbelievably ignorant and selfish it beggars belief. think on what you just said, think long and hard. now come back to me and tell me how wrong you were for calling suicidal people unilaterally selfish. thought, and they are (mitigating circumstances above)
    you have gone from talking about rape being worse than murder, to talking about suicide as the main topic. keep it on track please bro.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you have gone from talking about rape being worse than murder, to talking about suicide as the main topic. keep it on track please bro.
    youre the one who brought up suicide, kid.
    ont call me bro im not your bro.

you little liar, when did i bring up rape being solely about the loss of dignity? i didnt.

no just read what i say in context instead of reading it as you wish to see it.

stop with this reading comprehension crap, its getting annoying. the fact you cant deal with a response to your NARROW MINDED and bigoted clap trap is amusing though.

no my original reason was not that rape is worse than murder because of loss of dignity? work on your reading comprehension go back and read the original post properly.
    'rape is generally worse than physical assault? its always worse than physical assault what planet are you living on?

oh good god, theres just no reasoning with you is there? how is killing yourself 'selfish' then? and dont come back with some crap about the family being upset, someones personal needs outstrip keeping someone smiling everytime, take this rather extreme example ... youre in the army you see a house full of little children blown to smitherines. youre so disturbed by said incident you fall into depression and decide to kill yourself because of it, how can you reason that living a life with such a horrific image burned into your head just to keep some people happy is so unduely selfish? its there life no one elses. the fact you eat food a starving family in africa need is selfish by your reckoning.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    youre the one who brought up suicide, kid.
    ont call me bro im not your bro.

you little liar, when did i bring up rape being solely about the loss of dignity? i didnt. didnt say you did.

no just read what i say in context instead of reading it as you wish to see it. i dont know whether this was intended as irony or not

stop with this reading comprehension crap, its getting annoying. the fact you cant deal with a response to your NARROW MINDED and bigoted clap trap is amusing though. u've managed to use nearly 30 words and not said anything.

no my original reason was not that rape is worse than murder because of loss of dignity? [SIE=]work on your reading comprehension[/SIZE] go back and read the original post properly.
    'rape is generally worse than physical assault? its always worse than physical assault what planet are you living on? no it isnt, stop being narrow minded (does attacking someone's credibility without any facts and calling them narrow minded make my case stronger? i hope so)

oh good god, theres just no reasoning with you is there? again the irony is strong with this one how is killing yourself 'selfish' then? and dont come back with some crap about the family being upset, someones personal needs outstrip keeping someone smiling everytime, take this rather extreme example ... youre in the army you see a house full of little children blown to smitherines. youre so disturbed by said incident you fall into depression and decide to kill yourself because of it, how can you reason that living a life with such a horrific image burned into your head just to keep some people happy is so unduely selfish? because those kids would have loved to have 1 minute longer of life, let alone years, yet you are ending yours, and you 'excuse' is them its there life no one elses this reasoning is the difinition of selfishness. the fact you eat food a starving family in africa need is selfish by your reckoning ever heard of a non sequitur, because you've just used one.
    work on you reading comprehension, because the little you say thats relevant loses any meaning when 90% is incoherent rambings and mis-quoting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    work on you reading comprehension, because the little you say thats relevant loses any meaning when 90% is incoherent rambings and mis-quoting.
    yes you did ?

its 3am, i really cant be bothered to type huge essays anymore.

how is it generally worse? physical wounds heal mental ones dont..

facts? youve given no facts what so ever i on the other hand have already provided some evidence to back up the detrimental effects of rape on people.

its one example of many, want another one where you dont referre it straight back to the children? tbh i would quite like to see any person remain composed after seeing a sight such as that ... take the man in Afghanistan the other week after seeing the horrors out there he snapped and went on a rampage...
    that may be but its entirely justifiable, why should you put someone elses wellbeing above your own especially when youre probably already in a mentally compromised state? the point being that contrary to what youve said people dont committ suicide just to give the finger up to those around them they do it when in their eyes there is no longer any point in living, i dont get why you cant empathise with that?

yes im aware of what it is yet it is still relevant ... you are putting your own selfish wellbeing above someone who clearly needs it more, it may not be especially realistic but it is still entirely relevant..
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JollyGreenAtheist)
    The day the state has the legal authority to chop bits of you off is the day that I leave for the moon.
    CHEMICAL sterilization. No one is gonna cut your penis.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swbp)
    Good lord no. I believe in redemption, if they've made a mistake at least offer them the oppurtunity to change themselves. Sterilising seems such a brutal and savage way to punish someone.
    It's CHEMICAL sterilization for god's sake. No one is going to chop it away.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    No- it is inhumane.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.