The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Cauliflower and CHEESE sauce. Because I'm not massive on the cauli alone but the sauce combo transforms it! It turns it from a vegetable to a MEAL. And when it bubbles and browns when you've grilled it. Amazing.

fave and why of things to eat with TOAST
Cheese and tomato puree. We had that a lot as a child. It's quickly, easy and tasty. And slightly more interesting than something like boring old butter on toast.

Favourite part of a roast dinner?
Reply 602
Stuffing. Mouthwatering.

Favourite food in breadcrumbs
Reply 603
Fish.

Favourite Marinade for any meat.
Anything with barbecue in the name.

Favourite thing inside pastry
Was gonna say cheese, because of that gorgeous oozing stringy cheese epicness. Then I remembered MOLTEN cheese and how often i've bitten into a pastry and burnt myself on it. So now I'm going to say..SAUSAGE. Because of well, sausage rolls? And sausage and bean melts. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a sausage inside a pastry that hasn't been good.

favourite thing to eat at a BBQ?
Reply 606
Original post by MelissaJayne
Was gonna say cheese, because of that gorgeous oozing stringy cheese epicness. Then I remembered MOLTEN cheese and how often i've bitten into a pastry and burnt myself on it. So now I'm going to say..SAUSAGE. Because of well, sausage rolls? And sausage and bean melts. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a sausage inside a pastry that hasn't been good.

favourite thing to eat at a BBQ?

Lamb kebab. I love the smell of it being cooked and also it makes a change from the more common forms of meat (burgers etc).

Favourite cheese and onion flavour crisps?
Original post by Fusion
Lamb kebab. I love the smell of it being cooked and also it makes a change from the more common forms of meat (burgers etc).

Favourite cheese and onion flavour crisps?

McCoys Cheese (Cheddar) and Onion. Always find McCoys better than Walkers, more flavour in my opinion.

Favorite american junk food (mountain dew, hersheys etc.)?
Reeses pieces. Peanut butter I don't even like alone, but paired with chocolate. It's a whole new world.

Favourite Smart Price product?
Reply 609
Original post by MelissaJayne
Reeses pieces. Peanut butter I don't even like alone, but paired with chocolate. It's a whole new world.

Favourite Smart Price product?

REECES <3 Have yet to try the pieces, they good?

Smart price product, just one?! Gah! There's SO many that deserve the title! Great sweets, cans, juice, cereal bars, soup - how could you do this to me Mel?!

Well, I'll go with a recent purchase I was delighted with. Though I buy the 29p Double Concentrate Apple and Blackcurrant Juice more, my choice is 24p SMARTPRICE MINT SAUCE.
Okay, so it's a tad on the watery side, but it has the power to transform so many foods! Tins of food are turned from mundane meal to MIGHTY meal in an instant. Hooray for the minty hero!

FAVOURITE NUT MIX TO BUY?
Reply 610
To actually EAT, a cashew walnut mix is the best for depth of flavour in pure-nut-combination; to graze on, a Bombay Mix is hard for a spice nut to pass up.

But my ultimate fave nut medley is the KP HOB NOB MEDLEY. Nuts, fruit, chocolate AND hob nob minis?!

Why on earth would you choose one or the other when you could have... It all?!

What's your fave and why of... RICE KRISPIE SQUARE VARIETIES?
Reply 611
Sounds boring, but I'd say the Original one's. Sure the chocolatey/choco-caramel ones are good, and the Rocky Road ones are okay, but sometimes you just can't beat the original. It's gooey sticky tasty fun, and it just tastes good.

FAVOURITE USE OF PROCESSED CHEESE IN A MEAL? (NOT FAST FOOD)
Reply 612
Cheese food slices?? Well, on a burger is a given, but as a kid my absolute favourite sandwich was white bread, vitslite, a Bernard Matthews turkey slice (the thicker ones), chopped spring onion, and a cheese food slice.

It was one of those weird juvenile tastes that have followed me to even this day. The oval turkey slice would stick out, so id eat the surplus sticky out bits first. Then id eat the bread crusts into the perimeter of the cheese slice all around the sandwich, then consume the highly concentrated, taste sensation middle bit with all ingredients present (it was the sandwich equivalent of the jaffa cake orange bit)!

Hey, nothing sophisticated... But im honest! Its my fave!!

What's your fave and why of REFORMED CHICKEN NOVELTY SHAPES?
Reply 613

DIPPERS! The tail is ideal for holding when dunking them in sauce. AND WHO USES A FORK IN THE PIC! FOOD CRIME!

Favourite pizza hut dip?
Reply 614
I find all Dominos food an utter waste of time and money, but even I nick that little tub of sour cream herby kinda dip they always give you! It's really middle-rung stuff but WHY IS IT MORE ADDICTIVE THAN CRACK?!

What's your fave and why of CURRY FLAVOURED FOODS NOT INCLUDING ACTUAL CURRY?
Reply 615
Original post by TotoMimo
I find all Dominos food an utter waste of time and money, but even I nick that little tub of sour cream herby kinda dip they always give you! It's really middle-rung stuff but WHY IS IT MORE ADDICTIVE THAN CRACK?!

What's your fave and why of CURRY FLAVOURED FOODS NOT INCLUDING ACTUAL CURRY?

Curry noodles without a doubt! However neither Pot Noodles nor Supernoodles quite make the cut. I find the cheaper alternatives have more of a kick to their curry flavour- a bit spicier and tastier :h: My personal favourite are those pot noodle-esque characters in the purple pot, Ko-Lee I believe. Found in Stirling Uni shop and, ahem, poundland :lol: I swear they're the best!!

Now... What is your favourite flavour of Millions sweeties?
Reply 616
Bubblegum! I think it's the bright luminous blue... It calls to me!

Favourite chupa chup flavour?
Reply 617
Vanilla chocolate was my poison but haven't had one in years.

Favourite food to eat in an ice rink cafe?
Reply 618
I think you're talking about an ice rink like ice skating, so I'd say there's nothing quite like a nice hot chocolate, but in terms of food our local only does like chocolate bars and fast food, so I'd have to say chips. It also means you can share, making it more of a group thing :smile:

FAVOURITE MEAL WITH LAYERS?
Mmm, as you say proper meal I wont say a layered cake or something.
Probably then, Pastitsio. I've made Rick Steins version about three times and every time it's gone down so well. A lot of effort and washing up with layered foods as it means separate components but if you cook, someone else can clean :wink:
It's like a lasange but better. Macaroni pasta, beef, bechamel, rich and delicious.

favourite fruit to snack on?

Quick Reply

Latest