The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
My favourite fruit, overall, is probably BRAMBLES (Blackberries). My favourite way to eat them is in a bowl with some nice yoghurt. The reason? Unlike Blueberries, they're not super-sweet, but unlike Cranberries, they're not mega-bitter, and with some nice creamy (neutral) yoghurt, their sweet-sour-tart taste really shines!!

What's your fave and why of: READY SALTED CRISPS?
Reply 81
Hula hoops. Not sure why but their original flavour is very tasty for what is simply ready salted crisps.

Favourite HOB NOB PRODUCT?
Original post by Fusion
Hula hoops. Not sure why but their original flavour is very tasty for what is simply ready salted crisps.

Favourite HOB NOB PRODUCT?

Chocolate Hob Nobs :biggrin: :biggrin:

Favourite pie?
Reply 83
Close one between chicken/mushroom and cottage pie. I'll go with the former because it's a tastier mix.

Favourite ginsters product?
DEEP FILL All Day breakfast sarnie. Sausage, brown sauce, bacon and eggyness. A beautiful mix. And they just do it so right, I'm usually very negative towards prepared sandwiches.

Favourite snack to grab from a petrol station on a journey?
Original post by MelissaJayne
DEEP FILL All Day breakfast sarnie. Sausage, brown sauce, bacon and eggyness. A beautiful mix. And they just do it so right, I'm usually very negative towards prepared sandwiches.

Favourite snack to grab from a petrol station on a journey?

It'd be a 'sharing bag' of sweets. Because they're convenient to just shove your hand in and grab some. Which one's a toughie though. I'll go with Magic Stars. Nostalgia, plus they taste damn good too.

Favourite chewing gum?
Reply 86
My favourite chewing gum is Extra Peppermint; nothing fancy, but it gets the job done and unlike the Spearmint variety, the flavour kicks about for longer than ELEVEN SECONDS.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVE AND WHY, OF JARRED FOOD?
Reply 87
Pickled Beetroot- it's so tangy and soft :biggrin:

What your favourite citrus fruit and why?
Pink Grapefriut! :biggrin: I don't have it often at all (far to expensive for a student :tongue: ) however I love the sourness of it :biggrin:

Favourite breakfast pastry and why?

(e.g. croissant, panne au chocolat etc)
Reply 89
I'm allergic to grapefruit D:

Brioche rolls because they are so deliciously sweet!

Favourite snack to have after your dinner/before bed?
Biscuits. Something like malted milks, with a warm glass of milk. Just sends me off :biggrin:

Favourite coffee shop bite?
Reply 91
Gotta be a good cinnamon swirl - if i'm gonna spend my hard earned *cough* *student loan* money on overpriced food it might as well be something I hardly ever indulge on. Muffins are the easy choice but they are too ordinary :smile:

Favorite guilt-free snack
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
Pineapple.

Favourite tinned fruit?
Pears :biggrin: So good!! :biggrin:

Favourite guilty snack? :colone:
Reply 94
Chocolate... always chocolate - needs no explanation, it makes the world a better place :P

Favorite drink on a hot day?
Lasagne. Because it seems to always go down well, and it seems like you've put loads of effort in but really it's quite easy :P

Favourite toast topper?
Reply 96
Alpen Light bars are pretty good in my view, I also love low fat/no fat yoghurts and frozen yoghurt. Special rep to Phish Food :smile:

Favourite fruit based dessert/pastry?
Reply 97
Upside down pineapple cake, slightly warm with custard and icecream. It reminds me of my old school dinners at primary school and is just generally comforting. Made some the other day, it was gone before the end of the day!

Favourite pasta dish?
Cheesy tuna pasta bake. Topped with MORE cheese. Because it's so tasty and filling and cheap to make, and I like the crunchy bit on top.

Favourite alcoholic drink and why
So many.................. I'd have to say either- Otter ale (a Devon ale, you guys most likely won't have drunk it) or some good cider (not cheap rubbish like strongbow)

Why? Because they are refreshing and don't tend to have an overly chunderous effect on me!! :tongue:

Favourite sandwich?

Quick Reply

Latest