Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Strange back spasms?

Announcements Posted on
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not keen on going to the GP unless really necessary, so I'll ask for any ideas here first.

It's happened twice now. Basically I'll experience a mild backache for about 4 hours, it will then go away for about half an hour, until I make a sudden movement such as standing up or leaning forward as there will then be a massive spasm in my mid lower back. It is first a sharp pain then a general stiffness; I won't really be able to move without pain for a minute or so, around this time its also quite difficult to breath, exactly the way you feel when you get winded after a blow to the back. Its basically like the feeling you get after you get hit in the back with great force except there is no force. After all this happens it's fine when I'm sitting down although a bit painful when moving.

I just treat it with rest, a hot water bottle and some painkillers and the pain goes away within a day or so. I don't want to waste the doctors time but if needs be I will go, at the minute I don't think its serious enough. Basically what I'm asking is, do you have any idea what this is or what causes it? I'd like to avoid it where possible in the future.

Thanks!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.